Louisville Area Rides

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by DualHabit, Apr 2, 2010.

1. DualHabit

DualHabit Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Louisville and Southern Indiana riders..........

Wanted to start a thread for posting local rides.

Now that we have longer days, it's possible to do some after work riding.

I know there are a few Dual Sport/Adventure guys around the area, maybe we can get out and share some of our favorite routes.

Anybody have any comments or suggestions...Let's hear them.

-Jerry
  2. UncaBuddha

UncaBuddha Well, Okay then.

Oddometer:
    Me and the Wee are going out for a shorty to test out the new (used) Multitec. Probably ride down towards Taylorsville and back.
    I like the loop out towards Leavenworth (lunch at the overlook), Tell City, cross the Ohio and back on 60, down Muldraugh Hill etc.

Snake
  3. smallworld

smallworld n00b

Oddometer:
    On road, me and my roommate hop across the bridge and go down towards Horseshoe. Just keep going on past it and it's a fun ride and easy enough to find your way around. Plenty of hills and blind curves for a nice afternoon.
  4. walstib

walstib DeadHead

Oddometer:
    Hey Now,

I am just across the river in Greenville. Click on the linky for a listing of Southern Indiana rides.

Linky

edit: sorry some of the map links are broken in my original post - Use this link http://www.motorcycleroads.com/ to find the maps.
  5. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting that link Walstib. Indiana 450 from Bedford to Dover Hill sounds interesting!
  6. walstib

walstib DeadHead

Oddometer:
    Hey Now,

You can go to the D.I.R.T website and go to this linky to find out information on dirt roads in Hoosier National Forest.
    Hashbrowns likes this.
  7. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Going to be riding Thursday after work. There is a chance of rain as of right now, but that could change by then. I'll be at a small parking lot down by the great lawn, under I-64, just off River Road. It catty-corner from the back of the Louisville Slugger Field. See link: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=38.258924,-85.745233&spn=0.004684,0.009516&t=h&z=17&msid=115391648200798410015.0004838145c0e32115eeb

I'll be there at 5:30 and looking to ride for 2 - 2 1/2 hours. May ride over in Indiana or out towards Oldham County or where ever, I just want to ride. All riders/bikes welcome.

-Jerry
  8. Sourjon

Sourjon TAT'erd

Oddometer:
    Hey Jerry. I met you on Road Dad's Hoosier National forest ride. I am headed to Illinois Thursday afternoon for the Moonshine Lunch Run festivities but would be all over it otherwise. I'll subscribe to this thread and hope to see you on the road somewhere.

John
  9. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Hey John,

Yeah RoadDad and Woodsrat sure put on a good ride, I hope they do another one soon.

Hope this thread is used by anyone around Kentuckiana who's going out for a ride. Doesn't have to be an epic ride....just a ride.

Never been to the Moonshine lunch run, maybe you'll give us a little RR with pics when you get back.:clap
  10. mbabc

mbabc Journeyman Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Hi Jerry,
    Thanks for starting this thread and I'll be sure to make some of the up coming rides. Taking my boys fishing this Thurs. but who know's...maybe we'll get back early.

You planning to stop some where for a cold frosty (ice cream!) during these rides?

Mark
  11. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    (Ice Cream)! Sounds good to me. Maybe some delicious locally made ice cream.

Weather; looks like rain will be gone before noon tomorrow, so I'll be riding as planned. Come on out if you can.:ricky
  12. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Weather cleared-up nicely yesterday. Rode over into Indiana...Up Corydon Pike....over Old Quarry....across Skyline....Down St. Joe....and back towards town.:D
  13. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Meeting at 10:00 AM behind McDonalds in Jeffersonville at Exit 0.

Will be heading out to Floyd, Harrison, and Crawford counties in Indiana.
  14. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Great day for a ride...

MBABC (Mark) and I had a very fun ride and picked-up the Indiana photo tag. We even ran into Sourjon and friend, who were riding back from the Moonshine Lunch Run. Mark also showed me a very cool gravel/dirt road leading down to the Ohio river. We ended up with about 150 miles of back roads. Here are a couple of pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Riding again Thursday -- meeting at 5:30. See post #7 for location. Will be riding for around 2 (+-) hours. As usual, everyone welcome. Will probably be 99-100% paved roads.
  16. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor, TOI T1 finisher

Oddometer:
    So no gravel at all?
  17. emohn

emohn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I responded on the KY_ADV list, but I thought I'd post on here too. I'll see you guys between 5:30 and 6pm. I'm a novice rider at this point, and still gearing up, so I'll be the awkward looking guy on the green KLR.
  18. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Hey Jeff,

You know of any gravel somewhere close to town?:huh I know of a couple little patched here and there, and a creek crossing or two, but nothing very long. Usually takes a little longer ride to make it to any good stuff.
  19. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor, TOI T1 finisher

Oddometer:

Not really, I was hoping that you did. :lol3
  20. DualHabit

Oddometer:
    Nice ride tonight guys! It was great to meet some locals riders.

Thinking about riding down to Leitchfield, KY on Sunday to check out a TRIALS competition. Don't have all the specifics just yet, but will post when I do. I just picked-up a trials bike this winter and want to see how the gifted ride them.

Also, any route suggestions from Louisville are welcome.

-Jerry