Morrison Police Nazi's

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Spike38, Jul 19, 2012.

1. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    You know the off ramp from E-470 to the airport going NB, the speed limit is 50 and the speed limit up to the airport used to be 55-cha ching! for the Denver police. For a while they used to sit on the off ramp and clock people busting them for 70 (the realistic speed of the exit) or they would pop people going into the airport for ten over or so. Then one day, the raised the speed limits on the main road going in to 65. So it was not safe previously and now it is?

If there one thing that Colorado seems to do right is that they generally put speed limits up based on the design speed on the on the political speed. Some towns screw with that but on the other hand, sometimes they do the right thing.
  2. Spike38

Spike38 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :clap The little town of Morrison is getting a little attention on the news.
  3. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Post article please
  4. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
  5. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Typical people defending police at that news site, and I have nothing against police but I do when they do traffic duty and act like they are saving lives. No you are collecting revenue. If the majority of the people are going over a posted limit it tells me the posted limit is set way to low and should be raised to a more appropriate limit.
  6. RalphyDo

RalphyDo Banned

Oddometer:
    From the first paragraph!! It is clear what they are doing, even if most people have the wool over their eyes and refuse to beleive it:

The main focus of that whole article is revenue and not saftey. Yeah, a few sentences about saftey at the very bottom of the page but certainly revenue oriented.
  7. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    the bulk of the tickets they've written were for 15 over (or more).
    that's an expensive ticket.

pretty simple - it's a known speed trap, if you don't want a ticket thru there, slow down...
  8. modette

modette Rider

Oddometer:
    Only known to locals :bmwrider
  9. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    You know how hard it is to go 45 through through turkey creek canyon :evil
  10. Hair

Hair I am on my way.

Oddometer:
    Thanks Blake, I would have never thought of that. :lol3 No really. We tend to complane about the other guy (the cops) and not take matters into our own hands. We can all slow down. That is one thing that we can control.

I know hitting those little towns along 285 can be tricky. Coming down those canyons one tends to push the speeds. I had no idea that there were issues along the 470 corridor. Although I have seen cops there just about every time that I have driven through there.
  11. RalphyDo

RalphyDo Banned

Oddometer:
    Every time I go thru Morrison to get to 285, there is a cop sitting on 285 just west of hwy 8. Usually one on each side of the highway. They are trick to spot, too, as they have a few all black SUV's pretty much unmarked.
  12. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    Doh, that is what I do since I really don't want to hit one of those Harley riders who flock to downtown to drink and show off their latest Harley vests.:D
  13. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    I do indeed....the section of 285 from the Morrison turnoff (8) to the Tinytown/lower Turkey Creek turnoff is one of my favorite sections of road for a brief sweeper blitz on a sportbike.

Glad I've been able to enjoy it in the past, but in the last few years it's gotten plenty of attention for a couple of bike fatalities and the speed trap...
  14. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
    Old (February) article. And they didn't mention that in addition to the danger of hitting deer, pedestrians, other motorists, you have to watch carefully for Harley riders making a U-turn to go back to downtown and see if there are at least ten other Harley riders at the bar yet. You don't want to make your entry into the bar unless there is a crowd waiting to give you a proper greeting. I really can't imagine having to slow down from 65 to 45 coming down the canyon as the article points out.......Wow, and then you have to slow down to 25 to miss the Harley riders.
  15. norton(kel)

norton(kel) Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Are you looking for a Harley? You can't seem to ever leave Harleys out of you derogatory comments. I've got 110,000 miles on my Electrica Glide and it's hopped up and Quiet, I'll let ya know when I decide to sell it, Then you can buy it and settle your inner need.:D.
  16. nwcolorider

nwcolorider NWCOLO

Oddometer:
    Dang sorry I posted an OLD article, How about NOV 20, 2012?
  17. JustinP

JustinP Bike Curious

Oddometer:
    Sandoval says he’s convinced his approach, and his much larger police department, is having the desired effect. “My opinion, that keeps people safe. It’s not about the revenue.”

:rofl :lol3 :rofl :lol3 :rofl :lol3 :rofl
  18. doc_ricketts

Oddometer:
    Forget about it. I have nothing against Harleys. I just find it a little funny how the riders who hang out in Morrison don't ride at all but just hang out. I never see one going up and down the canyon or anywhere else around the area. They are a pretty funny lot.
  19. Spike38

Spike38 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    News 4Denver CBS. This week. Look under investigative reports.
  20. tkent02

tkent02 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm wondering who pays for and why does Morrison need the super duper new BMW for it's police bikes?

I guess I know who pays for it.