Around the world advrider mascot relay - Bacon's journey

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GazzaFish, Nov 26, 2007.

1. svizzerams

svizzerams Rx Rangerette

Oddometer:
    Hey that's my birthday too !!!!!!! Coooooooooool.:lurk
  2. svizzerams

svizzerams Rx Rangerette

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I hope that Bacon gets to meet Ice Bat on his world wide adventure.

Go Bacon Go !!!
  3. Fast_Boy_Slim

Fast_Boy_Slim Don't call me Wighty

Oddometer:
    Hey Prestonpaul wheres Bacon ?
  4. Deleted4248

Deleted4248 Guest

:lurk
  5. PeterWebtrax

PeterWebtrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bacon spent last weekend at Tom Groggin learning how to ride big KTM chookies into the ground (report here)

The official handover occured late Sunday after the completion of the course from PrestonPaul to me PeterWebtrax.

Unfortunately I wasn't aware of the 'rules' to the Bacon trip so didn't get any photos of him punting the KaTie M's around. Matt has one of him resting on the handlebars, so I'll get that posted soon.

Now for the next problem. Much as Bacon is relishing the exciting night life with all the other pigs in the nation's capital, he must move on.

Do we have any ADV riders heading out of Canberra in the near future, or any passing through?

If not, I might have to take a quick trip down the coast and drop him in SBSP's lap.

Cheers
    Peter
  6. vintagemxr

vintagemxr old fahrt, nobody special

Oddometer:
    I hate to be a party pooper but someone has to be the voice of reason in all this. I'm a little concerned about the lack of at least a helmet and eye protection. Is Bacon not ATGATT? Does he have a policy with LifeFlight and at least the address of a good seamstress or puppet maker should the worst happen?

:ricky

Doug
  7. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    Bacon is hard core. He doesn't have a tent, sleeping bag or pillow, said something about being for pussies, and he left home without two pennies to rub together. Bacon is Bear Grylls and Les Stroud combined, mixed with a little Chuck Norris and Bruce lee. or something like that:augie
  8. prestonpaul

prestonpaul What?

Oddometer:
    As Peter said, the handover was made at Tom Groggin Station in the NSW high country during an Adventure Bike riding course.
    Here is a pic of Bacon and PeterWebTrax.
    [​IMG]
    Bacon and I left from Lalor at 7:00 to go to Tom Groggin on Friday the 31st of November.
    We traveled via Yea, Mansfield, Whitfield, then via dirt to Dandongadale, then back on the black stuff to Myrtleford, Yackandandah, Taangambalanga, Tallangatta, Corryong, Khancoban, and finaly arriving at Tom Groggin around 4:30 PM After setting up camp we made a round trip to Threadbo so I could get some phone signal and let my Wife know I was safe :wink: . I hoped to have a GPS track of the route but my GPS died along the way so that was not to happen.
    I must admit that Bacon was a great traveling companion, He never once complained about the trip being too long, too hot, too cold, having a sore ass, needing to pee, getting dirty etc. He just enjoied the ride and kept to himself. I strongly recommend that if you get the chance, go for a ride with Bacon and you will have a mate for life :D
    Paul
  9. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    AWESOME PICTURE!! Looks like that little pig is having the time of his life. But we have to step up the pictures of Bacons adventure, no one will believe it otherwise! Ya heard that old saying, "If you don't have a picture, it didn't happen"
  10. PeterWebtrax

PeterWebtrax Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Folks

Bacon has been handed on to rider 4 today.

I spend yesterday showing Bacon the sights of Canberra and getting him visas for the hundreds of countries he is likely to visit.

[​IMG]
    Firstly, catching up on a a bit of Ozzie Kulcha at the museum.

[​IMG]
    Considering whether to take on the 'big jump' at the museum.

[​IMG]
    Picking up some political history at Old Parliament House.

[​IMG]
    Then off to new Parliament House to give Kev, the new Prime Minister some advice about cheap pork imports...

[​IMG]
    Chinese Embassy for first visa.

[​IMG]
    US Embassy (or as close as we plebs can get to take a photo) for second of many visas.

[​IMG]
    Checking out the path northwards for tomorrow's trip.

[​IMG]
    Me and my porcine mate checking out the view.

Then back home for a lovely bbq of pork chops, oh the irony...

Saturday morning, we headed straight up the freeway towards Sydney for a meeting with various ADV members. We met at Picton, about 70k out of Sydney. Then a nice little ride to Warragamba dam lookout. Warragamba is the main water supply for Sydney.

[​IMG]
    Andrew, Steve, Troy, Dave, Bacon and Me after a long chat about the merits of XTZ 660's.

[​IMG]
    The formal handover to Andrew2.

Bacon has now done 1800K's.

We headed back to Picton,
    [​IMG]
    to give Bacon an introduction to Ozzie drinking customs with a few 'like minded' individuals on large chromey V-twin things.

Farewell little piggy, have a great trip.
    Cheers
    Peter
  11. Andrew2

Andrew2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Andrew, Richard, Troy, Dave, Bacon and Me after a long chat about the merits of XTZ 660's.
  12. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    EXCELLENT!!!!:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
  13. GazzaFish

Oddometer:
    I can't get the smile off my face. I miss Bacon immensly but am glad to see how much he's already achieved...

go bacon go........

I'd just like to thank everyone who has been involved and those who are keen to get involved.....

Gazzafish...
  14. 100mpg

Oddometer:
    Someone going to give Bacon the hug that he needs? :lol3
  15. Putts

Putts Gettin' there.

Oddometer:
    :cry

Somebody get this guy a hanky.

:rogue
  16. D R

D R Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  17. JMead11

JMead11 Crazy Bastard

Oddometer:
    Freddie says he wants to show Bacon Arizona......hope we can have him....I am sure Adventure Kitty would like to show him around a little too.

[​IMG]
  18. oodeano

oodeano Some Guy

Oddometer:
    Carolyn and I picked up Bacon from Andrew2 on Sunday morning.

[​IMG]

A bit of a chat about the Limeburners Australia Day weekend amongst other things and we were off.

Andrew lives right near the bottom of one of my favourite pieces of road - Macquarie Pass. I knew we would be going there but could not find my video camera mount!! I'll spare you the 'file footage' - search it on Youtube if you like.

You Bacon is growing up very fast - he stole his first kiss while posing at the Mac Nat Park Sign - cheeky bugger!

[​IMG]

We stopped at the top of Range Rd for a look at the view:

[​IMG]

We headed through Mittagong, Buxton, Hilltop, Thirlmere and into Picton. Took Old Old Razorback and went to Douglas Park - stopping by the creek:

[​IMG]

He's a bit of a daredevil too - didn't want to stay on the pillion seat:

[​IMG]

Broughton Pass and onto the old Princes Highway - sneaking off for a little powerline play on the way:

[​IMG]

That's 215km for the total (2185) - on a 2006 DL-650. Bacon saw the DoctoR in the yard when we got home and is really keen to take it out!!

I was hoping to take Bacon sightseeing around Sydney after work this afternoon and maybe for a little dirt tomorrow but I tore a calf muscle playing squash yesterday and don't think I'll be riding for a week or two - perhaps another Sydneysider can take him?
  19. Richard H

Richard H XTZ 660

Oddometer:
    Thanks A2.
  20. GazzaFish

Oddometer:
    Bacon is definately gettin out there...:clap :clap

Great to see everyone helpin him out...:D