Out for awhile, any video suggestions would be much appreciated.

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Jolly705, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Jolly705

Jolly705 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Unfort. I can not ride for a long time and I am going a bit crazy to be honest. I figure watching some good videos may help is some sort of twisted way. I am looking for some videos to purchase that have dual sport, supermoto, trail riding, endruos, baja, mx, etc. I am not into MX freestyle or wheelies so the less flipping and stunts the better. I own dust to glory, on any sunday, and a few others. What else is out there? I need some input. Please help with my boredom. Thanks again advrider!!
  2. PenultimateMan

PenultimateMan Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    I can't personally attest to many bike movies, but I noticed that Long Way Round wasn't in your list of personal films. If you're like most of the riders that I know, you've likely already seen it; if you HAVEN'T seen it...wow.

All hyperbole aside, LWR was what inspired me to finally stop just dreaming about getting on a bike and actually DO it (it's also been helping to vicariously satisfy my motorbike fix while the Northeast lays under a perpetually-refreshed blanket of snow and ice). It's a terrific adventure, shot in amazing locales throughout europe and asia, and really captures a lot of what I consider to be the essence of motorcycle riding: just getting out and seeing the world around you with great friends. And it should be right up the alley of any dual-sport rider...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0403778/

Incidentally, if you have already seen LWR, then you should try and score a copy of the sequel (for lack of a better word), Long Way Down. I managed to catch a couple of episodes of this on BBC while on holiday in GB, and while it wasn't as good as LWR, it was still a lot of fun. I think that you can Bit Torrent the episodes, too, if it proves too hard to find locally.
  3. Liamderthal

Liamderthal Braaaaiiinnnss!!!

Oddometer:
    Here's some of my favs:

1) The Enduro at Erzberg - You've probably heard of it. Crazy enduro race in Austria. I have the 2006 race on DVD, but the '07 race is available as well.

2) Red Bull Romaniacs - 5 day enduro rally in Romania. The first day consists of an obstacle course set up in the city that has to been seen to be believed.

3) Race to Dakar - Charley Boorman's attempt at the Dakar rally. Well made production and pretty entertaining from start to finish.

:thumb
  4. Zuman

Zuman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Long Way Down website will ship a region-free DVD to you. It's worth the cost. http://www.longwayround.com/lwd/html/lwd_shop_dvm.html

--J
  5. Jolly705

Jolly705 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys, I ordered long way round on my girlfriends netflix because I actually have not seen them to date. I think I am going to purchase:

ezberg 2006/2007
    romaniacs

I will have to check out race to dakar as well, don't know much about that video, keep them coming :clap
  6. ChuckS

ChuckS Adventurer Wannabe

Oddometer:
    Try "Touching the Void"

It aint bikes. It's about 2 guys climbing in the Andes & things go VERY bad. Both survive, but one of them is the toughest, most stubborn SOB ever. He should have died about 35 times, but was able to crawl off the mountain.
  7. Doghouse_Riley

Doghouse_Riley Wannabe Adventure Tourer

Oddometer:
    "World's Fastest Indian"
  8. anonny

anonny What could go wrong?

Oddometer:
    All of the Crusties Demons of Dirt series.
  9. vintagemxr

vintagemxr old fahrt, nobody special

Oddometer:
    Duke Video should have some stuff to keep you entertained. http://www.dukevideo.com/Bikes/DVD.aspx

Don't pass up some of the highlight videos of the Isle of Man TT races. Unbelievable road racing footage.

Dana Brown, Bruce "On Any Sunday" Brown's son, has put together some additional movies devoted just to desert and motocross from the unused OAS footage. Good stuff there if you like ye olden tymes.
  10. RearView

RearView Caveman Philosopher

Oddometer:
    I just returned "Throttle" to nexflix and it was worth a look. Definitely worth wathcing if your just hanging around. Some pretty cool shots of some backcountry riding mixed in with a little supermoto and supercross. I think you'll enjoy.
  11. Jolly705

Jolly705 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did some more research and added Race to Dakar and A Day in the Dirt ($1.50 from ebay) :rofl I think this should keep me busy for awhile. I have seen some of the earlier Crusties and they are very entertaining.
    Thanks to advrider here is my list for now

2006/07 Erzberg
    Romaniacs 2007
    Race to Dakar
    A Day in the Dirt
    Long way Round (netflix)

I just received Erzberg and Romaniacs in the mail today, now the trick is to convince my girl to watch them tonight for Valentines Day :huh