The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Yellow Pig

Yellow Pig Allergic to asphalt! Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI -2010 Dakar Husky Info (from Cafe Husky) This is Claudio aka Burro's bike:

Hi to all, my name is Alvaro Bistolfi and i´m the chief in the developed of the 2010 Husqvarna Dakar motorcycle race.
    Sorry for my English, I try to do my best.

The motorcycle is a 2009 TE450 with electronic inyection, standard the engine, the chassis and the suspensions (litle modification in the spring). The motorcycle was developed in only 25 days and it work really perfect. This race is a crazy adevnture for the reliability of any motorcycle in the world, 9.000 kilometers rides in the most harder conditions.

This is the first Husqvarna with electronic inyection developed for this type of race. We choose the e.i. for the performance and really for a technical challenge. The throtle body is standard but we need put a external Walbro bomb, external <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_25_0>fuel[​IMG]</NOBR> filter and external pres regulator. The capacity for the tank is only 28 liters with a rear 5 extra liters. We dont use the rear because the 28 liter is more than suficient (cause of the best use of the fuel).

We work really hard in the temperature control. The body of the motorcycle is made for optimise the air flow. The motorcycle have two electric fan, special hose and presurise to 1.8 bar. In all the race the temperature didn´t rise over the 110 C degrees.
    The exhaust system is made completly by us, pass for the right side and behind the carter.

All the pieces for the instrumentation are hand made. Many other pieces dificult to resume (attached some pictures). All the "plastic" in carbon fiber kevlar composite. Same for the special seat.

The kit complete prove in the Dakar with extremly best result will be abailable in the next month.

The problem present in the 12 day is a shorcircuit and overheating in the <NOBR style="COLOR: darkgreen; FONT-SIZE: 100%; FONT-WEIGHT: normal" id=itxt_nobr_31_0>battery[​IMG]</NOBR> only for bad quality.

Thank to all for the passion in the Husqvarna brand.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message -->
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    didja hear that Mr Harden??

so Im wonderin on contracts for the the big two.. does it go from december to december?? They need a couple weeks on a new bike right?? also jumping to new bikes and no 450cc regulation at other rallyes might be tough for Bmw.
  3. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    Supposedly Jonah is going to race the Sandblast stage rally in SC next weekend... :lurk
  4. PackMule

PackMule love what you do

Oddometer:
    (already posted to the coverage thread, but trying to migrate the discussion over here)

:bow

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltai_s17wxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ltai_s17wxU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U4OH269WyV8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U4OH269WyV8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQr43_oS4vA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wQr43_oS4vA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o3hHGqu7zEY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o3hHGqu7zEY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/snEil5tljDs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/snEil5tljDs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  5. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    did Annie's dad use to race ??? I belive I have seen the name somwhere..
  6. todd5774

todd5774 Hillbilly

Oddometer:
  7. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    Yeah, I'd wait until you see the price of that kit first... x
  8. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    it seems they used a 28ltr acerbis tank with a different faring but a 640 adventure tank and faring and seat, would work and would be cheap...relativly
  9. stk0308

stk0308 Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you followed World Supermoto you saw Eddy Seel, but I don't think they are related.
  10. Yellow Pig

Oddometer:
    To top it off the Husky made it on ONE ENGINE!

They had a spare but did not need it.
  11. DC950

DC950 Microadventurer

Oddometer:
  12. Jeff@TheQuadShop

Jeff@TheQuadShop TAT survivor, TOI T1 finisher

Oddometer:
  13. Yellow Pig

Oddometer:
    And they only started building the bike 25 days prior to the start of the race!

Quite impressive for a first time run.
  14. Tifosi

Tifosi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The GAS GAS Rally has been cancelled I am bummed. Didnt someone run this year on a Husky 450? Does anyone know what kit he used? Was it a Mechasystems kit for KTm modified or was it made by another company?
  15. Yellow Pig

Oddometer:
    Hello!

That's what the last 3-4 pages of this post have been about. :wink:
  16. todd5774

todd5774 Hillbilly

Oddometer:
    Its not been cancelled, now called the Desert in 2010 and is available as a special order.
  17. ManxBerg

ManxBerg Rallye Raid

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm looking for help to fix my MD roadbook. I noticed that one of the wires going to the electric motor has come out. How do you take one of these apart? To take the motor off requires the removal of 3 screws, which are inside the roadbook and in-accessable. I've taken the hex screw from the bottom roller out. (had to drill a small hole to work through) but cannot remove this roller. Anytips? Does the plastic lug at the end have to be removed? If so how?
  18. BAZZER450

BAZZER450 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Since we are all sittin around the Bivy smokin cigars and drinking beer .. Lets get the rumor mill going about 2011? where do you think the race is going ? Damn I dont think we need to wait for the official word ... come on with all the guys here we must have some one on the inside ??:huh or did I miss something . We need time to prepare the ADV MEDIA for next year :wink:
  19. SafariBerg

SafariBerg Oz Safari Addict

Oddometer:
    Argentina & Chile for one more year.......................because

1) the $$$$ the 2 governments are prepared to throw at ASO to keep the event there

2) also the need for more time to get a secure route and various government agreements in place for a north africa rallye Tunisia - Libya - Egypt etc
  20. troy safari carpente

troy safari carpente f5ree sub-zero agent

Oddometer:
    :thumb +1 for SafariBerg's theory... :deal

As Garry is aware, government's/organisations like "three year plans"...

1. Create the program (get the teething problems over with and establish the "new" endeavour). 2009... check! :brow

2. Build upon the success of the initial investment... realise the viability of the program and conduct a great event. 2010... check! :nod

3. Capitalise on the investment, infrastructure and promotion of the previous two years to reap the full commercial potential (return on investment) in year three... 2011...??? :D

For 2011 ASO have a two nations and govenment bodies that WANT to host DAKAR in South America; that have both demonstrated their ability to support the event in immaculate standard... in the meantime ASO can use the next 12 months in a calm and calculated manner to weigh up the other options 2012 and forward, to negotiate the best deal, the logistics and THEN return to Africa (whether it's Egypt/Libya/Tunisia or the Sahara)... or wherever ELSE in the world they might be considering, all with the comfort of knowing they can make the announcement in good time, not a "last minute" decision.

Argentina/Chile for DAKAR 2011 makes good commercial sense I reckon... and ASO is a business.