Who we got for ADV riders in Atlantic Canada?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bluenoser, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Fundy Rider

Fundy Rider Where 2?

Oddometer:
    Sorry but don't like progress like this.

Seen my first Golden Eagle up there and now there will be too many cages on this road.
  2. Whyswoman

Whyswoman The Gal's Gotta 'Yak

Oddometer:
    Hey there BigDaddy...

PiffleMaster and I made the descent down to
    Meat Cove early last August...and both of us spent some time reflecting on Dr. Cool's last ride (we started our trip about 2-3 weeks after his passing...

Meat Cove is an awesome place, and I have no doubt you will feel the good Dr.'s spirit close by as you head down that hill...[​IMG]

This picture is one Brian took looking down towards the cove, and may give you am idea of how steep a grade the road has going down there...enjoy the rush!!!

Sent from my iPhone

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0mBDOErgxP2FUOqlaALB7MsmZi3RGt4c2
  3. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
    I will be doing the Cabot Trail again this year in late July, but this time, I will be riding solo and going clockwise...

Big Daddy, if you see this post, StrommerGirl and calan818 will be heading to the Cabot Trail, and then to Deb's home province of NFLD - and you may run into them on the road...they were at the NoFAR in WaWa and are members of the Winnipeg and Surrounding Area forum!

Sent from my iPhone

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0mBDOErgxP2FUOqlaALB7MsmZi3RGt4c2
  4. Slowphil

Slowphil Big Man in a very very small pond

Oddometer:
  5. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
  6. jacob_ns

jacob_ns Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well, I sold my street bike and bought a KLR!

I'm definitely looking for some big bike DS riders around Halifax/Dartmouth.

[​IMG]
  7. ecubed

ecubed LFC Cat

Oddometer:
    Wanted to get settled in here before I started posting dumb stuff in a foreign country and get thrown out.....:1drink
    I was purchased with the assets from a company in Virginia,,,,,,=>USA......:huh
    I am in metro Halifax, hang around BayersLake.ca and ride a.....wait for it.....big bore dual sport. :evil PM.
    [Gratuitous first ride photo.]
    [​IMG]
  8. kelsow

kelsow Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome Eric. I hope to be able to get out for a ride with you soon.
  9. ecubed

ecubed LFC Cat

Oddometer:
    So the weather is crappy....who wants to go for a ride this weekend? Meeting place? Thinking on going out the 7 or down the South Shore and look at some beaches and camp spots...

Anybody have a secret not to miss awesome camping spot to share on this island? :huh
  10. jacob_ns

jacob_ns Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in Dartmouth and ride every Thursday and every other weekend to parts unknown.

I'm on a dirty old KLR. Send me a PM if you want to ride somewhere adventurous as my daily reading is the NS backroad mapbook and my GPS.
  11. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
  12. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM me when you're in the Valley. We'll do coffee and I'll show you some roads in the map books. Can't ride this summer, but can give you some ideas!
  13. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
    I take it to mean the Annapolis Valley?
  14. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    Affirmative. I'm just up the road from Aylesford.
  15. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
    Right on..,do yo know where Holmestead Cheese is? That is where I am headed once I hit Nova Scotia..,,
  16. moondoggie

moondoggie AN HOWZER

Oddometer:
    We're just north of Yarmouth, riding the south shore for the next 4 weeks, doing the Pubnico area today
  17. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    So there I am, driving from my buddy's place where my bikes are stored while I continue to heal and I see a loaded DL650 pulling off the highway with an ADV sticker on the windscreen. I slow down, wave and pull over.

Bike pulls up next to my truck and its Whyswoman! Had a nice chat and promised to meet later this week for coffee and to review some maps.
  18. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
    It was a delight to meet up with you, thereby friend..will call and arrange a to e/day with you sometime tomorrow...
  19. Whyswoman

Oddometer:
    I had a delightful, and equally helpful, visit with Mr and Mrs C-Stain and their young son today (Craig, Meagan and Ethan), and really appreciate all the information and assistance I received from them (including the blueberries)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Having asked Craig to assess the state of my tires with the fact that I still have a few thousand Kms to ride before I get home to Winnipeg, it appears I will be making a previously unanticipated stopover in Moncton, where I will be purchasing and having new tires installed on my VStrom...OUCH... My budget is now officially in traction ...LOL

So, if there are any inmates in or around the Moncton area who have tent or couch space to offer a traveller from away, please PM me...I woulda be happy to meet you, and promise to behave well...
  20. More_Miles

More_Miles über-n00b

Oddometer:

Remember, bad is a behaviour.... Just have to do it well!