www.TankVest.com

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mike at Tank Vest, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Mike at Tank Vest

Mike at Tank Vest Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of my fellow inmates. Thank you all for welcoming TankVest.com and myself personally into the asylum this past year. I cherish the knowledge I've gained here and the friendships I've made. I know it's a little early but I wanted to pass along our seasons greetings to all of you.

Mike
  2. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    We've noticed a few incomplete orders on tankvest.com and wanted to make sure that there isn't a problem with the order system for some folks. If you've placed an order with us and the system wouldn't let you complete the order, please contact me here on this thread, by PM, or email at sales@tankvest.com and let me know that the issue is. I'll do my best to rectify it immediately.

Thanks!

Mike
  3. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Something for hunters, safety minded riders, law enforcement, search and rescue, and others.... We're proud to introduce another color pattern in our line up.

[​IMG]
  4. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  5. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    We are preparing to expand our line of TankVest offerings. This will include offerings for different models of motorcycles, accessory pouches, and specialized attachments. Keep checking our website as we will be expanding soon!
  6. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
  7. 800SSDuc

800SSDuc Who is John Galt?

Oddometer:
    I think I like the concept.....
    Just a helpful hint or 2 though.
    Not everyone knows what a MOLLE pouch is and they may not get the concept.
    For those who don't know what they are but bother to google it might be scared away when they find places asking $30+ each for even the smallest size pouches. (Maybe give them a link to somewhere selling inexpensive surplus ones or better yet snap up a few cases of common size ones and sell them yourself)
  8. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    We are in the process of putting together a list of vendors that have Molle gear for reasonable prices. We are also designing application specific pouches that will be offered on our site very soon. Some photos of the 1 liter water bottle carrier are now on our gallery page. We will be expanding on that over the next week as we get photographs of other pouches and accessories.

Our intended line of pouches specific to the Tank Vest will include holsters, cell phone holders, GPS pouches, administrator/map pouches, document pouches, wallet and key pouches among others.

In general terms, pricing for Molle gear can range greatly depending upon the quality of the item, where it was made, and the materials used. We recommend US made material made to US military specifications. While it may cost a bit more, you as the consumer can be assured that it will last a very, very long time.

Mike
  9. deepcdiver

deepcdiver Nobody Special

Oddometer:
    How about the Safari tank for the Husqvarna TE630?
  10. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    We would need one on a bike for about 2 weeks to pattern. We'll be happy to do it if we can find the application to use.

Mike
  11. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    We've just finished patterning a Tank Vest for the KTM 990 Adventure. This will be available through www.ktmtwins.com in the next week or two. I have to say that I was really floored at how well this version of the Tank Vest came out.

We are currently patterning a BMW and will have that pattern available soon.

The BMW's seem to be very popular and we've been flooded with requests and loaner bikes to pattern. I suspect we'll have the entire line of BMW bikes patterned and available in the next few months.

Keep the requests coming and we'll keep working on getting bikes to pattern.

TankVest.com will also be featuring a new concept called the "Tankini". The Tankini is a one piece bikini cover for the top of a fuel tank that leaves the sides exposed. We've had requests for this type of setup from a surprising number of Harley riders and law enforcement agencies. This will be available for a diverse number of models of motorcycles very shortly.

Thanks!

Mike
  12. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    My wife and owner of Tank Vest on the KLR...

[​IMG]
  13. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    Fellow Inmates, I give you the Tank Vest for the KTM 990 Adventure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    DistortedAxis likes this.
  14. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    You would have one for the LC4 by now if I could get home long enough to bring you my bike.
    I'm still stuck in Miami :cry
  15. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    No worries! When you get back, we'll make it happen!
  16. Somber

Somber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice work on the Adventure Vest, I have Safari tanks, but don't see any reason it won't work for that setup, will keep my eyes open for them to show up on Twins, and I'll try to remember to give feedback in this thread when I get my vest and see how it fits over the monster tanks
  17. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    I'm somewhat ignorant on the difference between the Safari and the Adventure. Got any pics of the Safari?

Thanks!

Mike
  18. Somber

Somber Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738557 has some good views in the first post, there are dozens of other threads scattered about the site if you search "aqualine" or "safari" in Orange Crush

Seems like quite a few folks active on Advrider have the tanks, though I would guess it is a relatively small percentage of 950 and 990 Adventures overall... the profiles are pretty similar despite the tanks being larger, and as best I can tell from your pictures I'm hoping the way you tie on to the bike will still work with the Safari tanks (may have to reposition straps a bit, but think it will still work...

regardless, thanks for the cool product offering and for taking time to work up a varient for these bikes
  19. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    This enough to apply one of your existing patterns?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Mike at Tank Vest

Oddometer:
    The shape looks similar overall to the non vented IMS tank for the KLR's. I'd have to see it in person to take measurements and see if it would work.

Mike