Are you Prepared for the Zombie Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Thanantos, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
  2. BeerIsGood

BeerIsGood Guest

It's a good start. I would have gone with a DR650. Also, he needs a good 7mm Rem for the long stuff, and possibly a machete for the hand to hand stuff and then he should be ready for a life long quest of searching for twinkies.
  3. vortexau

vortexau Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

You have to keep your eyes open for the warning signs!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Be up to date with all identification guides, and survival charts.

[​IMG]

Then make friends with a girl who packs a lot of guns & blades, while looking hot shooting, jumping, stabbing, kicking, in all directions . . . . . and who's great in the sack when off duty. If she rides a BMW so much the better!
  4. gbmaz

gbmaz Power Newb Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am with you on the DR650. It is obviously the bike of choice for the zombie apocalypse. I must, however suggest that the humble crowbar is a better choice for hand to hand. Less likely to get stuck in a walker's head and useful for breaking into buildings.:D
  5. Tucson Jim

Tucson Jim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  6. Parepin

Parepin The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer:

I beg to differ. I don't know why people keep insisting on a machete or samurai sword or some shit. Think about it, with a disease that is transferable via bodily fluids, why in hell would you want to burst a sack of meat within arms reach of you? You're better off with a baseball bat.

And of course, ATGATT. Waterproof gear and facesheild down should keep you fairly bite and splatter proof.
  7. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    This thread took on a level of seriousness I would have never guessed.
    benjamin1031 likes this.
  8. duck

duck Banned

Oddometer:
    I've got a K75. It will start right up in two million years when aliens discover the remnants of our civilization on this planet.

(Like the Volkswagon Beetle Woody Allen found in Sleeper.)
  9. BeerIsGood

BeerIsGood Guest

Sorry, I thought we were talking about the "from the grave zombies" not the 'bio-hazard unleashed zombies". The former type of zombies can only transfer the disease by biting you, and can only be killed by a deep penetration in the brain. I agree that waterproof ATGATT is definitely the way to go.
  10. stubmw

stubmw some what aloof

Oddometer:
    If a zombie apocalypse were to happen today I am pretty much fucked. I guess I need to prepare alittle more. :norton.............:lol3
  11. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bring 'em. :2guns
  12. O.C.F.RIDER

O.C.F.RIDER Loose nut behind h/bars

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
  13. CharlesLathe

CharlesLathe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Late last summer, I was headed back to North Carolina after a trip out to Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho where I'd met my sons for a few days of riding -- they stayed in Washington when we moved here in 2007. When I got to the Mississippi, I found most of the bridges were still out from last year's floods. As it neared dark, I spotted an abandoned farm house looking lonely and surrounded by very tall grass. I turned around, rode through the grass where I thought the driveway had been, and parked around back where I set up my tarp, ate a can of beans, and went to bed.

A couple of hours later, I woke to thunder and lightening. A few minutes after that, the rain began to pour down. It was purely black all around. I heard one animal tear the life from another, presumably smaller, one. I felt disquieted which made sense in the thunderous din.

Then the screams began. At first I assumed someone was murdering hitchhikers in the old house. (It was so close to dark when I pulled in, I'd only glanced inside the place, saw its ruinous state, and assumed it was indeed abandoned.) What could I do to save the hitchhikers? I couldn't even distinguish my hand from the darkness.

In the darkest regions of my mind, I remembered my sons telling me all about . . . Zombies. That did it. My 57 year old heart went to the brink of self destruction and my mind ran away with me. I just trembled as quietly as I could and prayed. When the zombies are really there, right there in the black yard with you, but you can't see anything, what good are preparations?

Either the prayers worked, Bearshark the Bonneville T100 kept the zombies away, they didn't see me in the dark, or, maybe, I decided, it was a screech owl.

Regards, Chuck
    Buzzbomber likes this.
  14. vonotto

vonotto See you on the road, Scag!

Oddometer:
    One nite we decided to walk home from the bar. There was thick fog on the road and I heard a VW bug coming. I told my buddies to walk like Zombies in the road {sounded like a good plan when your drunk} Anywho..the bug got closer and saw us...he dropped down a gear and punch it...it took off and we laughed :lol3. 5 mins. later we hear a V8 coming so we do the same thing..This time the guyin a pick up punches it and heads right for us :eek1..we ran to a fence, he jumped the grass and we had to jump the fence to keep from getting run over :huh...no more Zombie marches for us :freaky
  15. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    Zombies are no joke my friend...

And those who want huge fire power to kill the soft headed mush brains are asking for it. I want a 22, with 10,000 round so CB...almost no noise and cheap as dirt.

Knives? Only for preparing food, I don't need any zombie juice splashed on me.

I know this is a motorcycle site but they are not going to work when the zombies show up...I would have to take my truck.

Forgot the main reason I was answering this! The .410 in the backpack. Excellent choice for a second weapon. Cheap ammo, enough power to poke a hole in anything and small. I got one of them also.

:D
  16. vortexau

Oddometer:
    Just like . . .

[​IMG]

Never a good idea to imitate a zombie as a joke. After outing his joking zombie impersonation (inside his own home) to two of the refugees on the road, he's persuaded to again perform for the other two who've been elsewhere exploring Murray's home. They are fully taken in by his performance, and shoot him. He's a good sport about it, but the wounds are fatal.
  17. JamesG

JamesG Rabid Poster

Oddometer:
    That is where this zombie escapism is potentially dangerous. It is conditioning people to have a specific reaction (shoot first) and decouples their sense of the humane from "zombies". What happens if it becomes common for senile elderly to wander around? If people mus-perceive they can commit tragic mistakes. Also similar to the Y2K phenomenon, you have some expressing disturbing anti-social behavior, and that is BEFORE anything actually happens.
  18. vortexau

Oddometer:
    It all depends on the density of the zombie horde. If they are well spaced apart, and not in a dense "Resident Evil" type mob, then just a reliable two wheeler with plenty of swing-around space would be adequate. Then you would be well served to use either Cricket Bat, or Katana (刀).

[​IMG]

Reliable (and with good elbow room for using club or sword) and sturdy transport.

[​IMG]

Shaun's picked the good old Cricket Bat.

[​IMG]

While this chap has chosen to use his well-honed Katana (more commonly idenified as a Samurai Sword).
  19. Tucson Jim

Tucson Jim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Where are you finding 'cheap' .410 ammo, out here it is through the roof.
  20. fuelish

fuelish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That guy is holding a long handled broad sword. A better choice than a katana, more reach. A cross bow, or compound bow would be good. Quiet, reusable ammo. There is the infection issue. If you can get infected from a bite you can get infected from other fluids splashed in the eyes or mouth. There is a guy around here with a Zombie Assault van.
    Found a pic:
    [​IMG]