Off Road Rider Training

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Wasca, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Wasca

Wasca Adventurized!

Oddometer:
    Hi All

I'm very new motorcycle riding, in fact I did my first long ride yesterday on my brand new 2013 Kawasaki KLR650, it has not even been fully broken in yet. I'm looking for someone or a group of someone's that would be willing to show me the ropes when it comes to riding off road on my KLR.

I know that there a few inmates around here that are fairly new to the sport who may feel a little intimidated by the off road experience as I am. Maybe if we got together and met with some willing proficient riders we could all learn to make full use of our awesome machines.

I'm located on the north side Brisbane Australia, I'm aware that there are plenty of great off road locations close to me, but I just don't know where.

I'm a good listener, keen to learn and willing to give things a try, I'd like to match this up with a group of other novices and a willing teacher to help us all out.

So this is a shout-out to all you pro riders who'd like to take myself and maybe a few other newbies under their wing and show us how the pro's do it. If you're interested in being taught or interested in doing the teaching, post up in this thread and we'll see if we can get something happening.

Thanks all, God Bless and ride safe.

Wasca
  2. Tiggs

Tiggs Dreamin of Adventure

Oddometer:
    Welcome and congrats on your purchase. Keep an eye out for the Snail Trail Rides organized by inmates on this forum. They are usually run on the Northside of Brissy for less confident riders!
  3. Wasca

Wasca Adventurized!

Oddometer:
    Hi Tiggs

Thanks for the advice.

I subscribed to the Snail Trails thread a few weeks back only to find out that most of the guys involved in it have moved on or not as active as in the past. Have had a few words with B1 who suggested I post something up.

P.S. Woot! this post just graduated me from n00b to Adventurer :-)
  4. Tiggs

Oddometer:
    I would like to help you, but I'm travelling around Oz and currently in Broome, not back till early next year.
  5. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    And you don't have a bike. :lol3
  6. WILL_S

WILL_S OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer:
    Black klr?
    Were you on the side of the road at narangba yesterday?
    I'm no pro but sometimes head out on exploration rides on the northside
    A few beginners rides pop up around here
  7. Wasca

Wasca Adventurized!

Oddometer:
    Hi Will_S

Yes that was me I did notice a couple of other bikes riding around me. I was not lost, I was looking for my riding buddy who took the wrong turn. It started getting dark and there was a storm brewing so I just headed off home (not too far from where I was) and then called him when got home. He was all good, he was more concerned about me.

Message me if your going on a ride that you think will suit my skill level, I need all the practice I can get.
  8. Tiggs

Oddometer:
    :cry
  9. Lupine128

Lupine128 That's MR Band Aid!

Oddometer:
    Pm me and we'll sort something out.
    I've been meaning to do another snail trail ride for a while but today was the first time in a month I've even been able to see a dirt road.
    How about a Sunday ride from dayboro through mt mee to woodford for lunch and then back again? Leave at 9 back by 2 includingb a few stops and lunch at the woodford bakery.
    We can work out a Sunday in the next fortnight I'm sure.
  10. Beer'o'clock Baz

Beer'o'clock Baz Long timer

Oddometer:
    MickD does beginers rides on a regular basis and knows his shit - keep an eye on his posts
  11. Young-Gun

Young-Gun KTM Tragic

Oddometer: