My number came up yesterday

Discussion in 'Face Plant' started by bracky72, Apr 23, 2013.

1. brenter

brenter Brenter

Oddometer:
    This is a text book example of why I pay the $ for all of the uninsured and underinsured motorist that I can afford. I read an article in the ama magaizine about this and how it can ruin you if someone has just the minimum insurance provided by law. Everyone should check this out!!!
  2. playsintraffic

playsintraffic Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just read your whole thread. Hang in there! Sounds like you are rounding the corner.
  3. Callisto224

Callisto224 Long timer

Oddometer:
    How about an update? How is your recovery coming along? :huh
  4. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I haven't checked the thread in a few days.

My recovery is coming along extremely well. I goto physical therapy two days a week and have been swimming in a neighbors pool on the other days. It will be eight weeks on Monday and while the bone has more mending to go I can walk on flat terrain with hardly a limp. Life has mostly gotten back to normal although I no longer sleep very well. I used to be a very sound sleeper but for the last month or so I can only manage a few very fitful hours a night.

There hasn't been any progress in finding the perpetrator. I think about him sometimes and wonder if he is thinking about me as I continue to recover.

I believe I will ride again in eight more weeks. :norton
  5. bbanker

bbanker Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap
    As a PT, I'm very proud of you!
  6. wvdirtbiker

wvdirtbiker MILES2GO

Oddometer:
    Hey B72, I read read your thread today and wanted to post a reply, but didn't think I could add anything that hadn't already been said.

I hope your recovery continues well and you are back on the bike soon. You obviously have a great attitude which should help in a speedy recovery.

I am amazed at the concern and generosity of our ADV family.
  7. RebRider

RebRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear your recovery is moving along ... and your positive attitude is something that all the inmates can learn from. I guess the police have probably given up on finding the moron who hit you, one day they will have to pay their dues.

Need to have a Party at Beasley's Books one evening.. :drums...:beer
  8. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    You know Kelly was already getting burned out with the day to day operations of Beasley's so when I had my accident I think she made the decision to call it a day and close up shop. To be honest as far back as when I returned from my trip last year I noticed a change in her attitude concerning the business and I knew in the back of my mind it was only a matter of time. It was awesome while it lasted though. Good times... :)

She is still trying to figure out what to do with the place. For the sake of our marriage I try not to meddle. I definitely would never say "I told you so" because she would just point to my leg. Touche. :eek1:lol3
  9. RebRider

RebRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry to hear that, but I understand completely....

then when you up to it need to do a ride to eat
  10. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    9 weeks 5 days later and she's home. It took about an hour of work and new handlebars to get it road worthy. A few more parts and it will be as good as new. :):)

Oh and the ride felt awesome! But I will be patient and not start riding again until I fully heal. I do not want to screw up the progress I've made. :ear

[​IMG]
  11. El Pescador

El Pescador Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Man, this is really great to see your recovery.
  12. Toysoldier

Toysoldier Adventurer

Oddometer:
    your more patient then me dude

on the 13th of April i was knocked off and broke my tibia along with a major wound that needed a skin graft.

i spent 5 weeks in hospital and have a nail in my leg with 4 pins, just over a week after i was out i was riding again.

could not take not riding my bike i have my crutches across my bars haha

best of luck with healing =]
  13. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What's funny is because of all the rehab I've been doing my shifting action has never been better. I used to have to use my entire leg because my ankle wasn't that flexible. But now it just requires a flick of the foot. :clap

I really want to ride but I'm also a athlete and the down time has been killing me. So I've been focusing all my efforts into rehab and anything that might interfere with it I've nixed. For now... :evil
  14. Bill Harris

Bill Harris Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer:
    Good news that the bike is back and well. Now that the test ride is out of the way, you are doing well to concentrate on rehab...

--Bill
  15. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sold the old one yesterday. Wrote the check for the new one today. Life goes on...

[​IMG]
  16. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Six months to the day since the accident I summited Mt Quandary while visiting a friend in Breckenridge. :1drink

[​IMG]
  17. JettPilot

JettPilot ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi Bracky

That is so awesome you made a full recovery ! Although climbing that mountain looks like fun, it is an awful lot of work, I think I would rather do it on the bike :D

Mike
  18. bracky72

bracky72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks. It's a small world btw. I owned one of the original dragonlinks. :norton
  19. JettPilot

JettPilot ADV Rider

Oddometer:
    Hi Bracky,

Yes it certainly is, and I remember you well. I wondered where you had gone, since I did not see you in the other forum for quite a while. I just saw this thread about your accident today, when I saw your name Bracky72 , well, it all added up real quick. If I had seen this earlier I would have written. But there was an advantage to not seeing until today, I was quickly able to skip to your last post of climbing the mountain and knew everything turned out good :clap Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of the new bike. BTW, I ride a Dual Sport also, seems like we both have found all the fun stuff to do :freaky

Mike
  20. srelegante

srelegante srelegante Supporter

Oddometer:
    Your attitude is fantastic, and will help you heal.

It is so easy to be vengeful in that situation.

SE

PS-yes, your lady is a keeper!