The BAJA RALLY de MOTOS

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Scotty Breauxman, Mar 11, 2013.

1. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite

Ok only a month out and I have only seen Jason's Bmw... where are all the bike shots... Im a guilty but stay tuned!
  2. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    No time for pictures...

Anyone know if we supply our own numbers or if Scotty will be handing out number plates?

Thanks
  3. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    I have been spying

[​IMG]

I dont think scotty will be offering up graphics... perhaps Baja dad Mark can get some going like he has for Norra
  4. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    Isat a fuel pre-heating device?
  5. LC4Dakar

LC4Dakar Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I thought we only needed an 80-90 mile range?
  6. DaveRMS

DaveRMS 404 Not Found

Oddometer:
    Most of the rallies around the world do provide number plate decals. Other disciplines, not so much. I'm assuming he will, as he and I briefly discussed this some time back. Otherwise, it's electric tape to the rescue, enduro style. :D

Dave
  7. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Scotty is providing a front background. I would post the PM were he told me this, but I don't want to be stuck in time-out with Vanscourt. :1drink

:lol3
  8. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    THats Bill's dakar bike, probably. but I too am kinda hoping we stick to roughly 100 mile range. :D I have a 20L tank and thats about it.
  9. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    Sponsor appreciation real estate
  10. Cowboy up

Cowboy up n00b

Oddometer:
    Scotty is providing front number decals.
    And they look great.
    BajaDad should be back from exile at the end of this week
    I spoke with him last week, he is unable to do any more decal kits
    Due to his work restraints and lack of Internet Service at the job sites
  11. BC61

BC61 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone with the inside scoop know if road book is in kilometers or miles?
  12. Scotty Breauxman

Scotty Breauxman Baja Breaux

Oddometer:
    Miles
  13. Scotty Breauxman

Oddometer:
    KLIM Presents the Inaugural BAJA RALLY
    [​IMG]

ERENDIRA, BAJA CA, MEXICO-
    Bajarallymoto.com announced today that KLIM Technical Riding Gear will present the Inaugural BAJA RALLY this OCT 4-6 as title sponsor for the highly anticipated event which has drawn the interests of Baja off-road stars Johnny Campbell, Larry Roeseler, Andy Grider and Ricky Johnson. Idaho based KLIM is the global leader in advanced motor sports apparel for the motorcycle and snowmobile rider and racer.

“Having KLIM as our partner on this groundbreaking event validates our mission to create a unique and unprecedented rider experience while promoting cultural awareness and tourism in BAJA CA”, explained BAJA RALLY director, Scotty Breauxman, “We align perfectly with KLIM’s commitment to building the best riding gear for the ultimate riding experience. This is a very meaningful partnership for the sport of motorcycle rally-sport in North America.”

“Those of us who ride from dawn to dusk in changing environments and climates, understand the difference between normal riding gear and KLIM”, Breauxman continued, “Just as important is the durability of the KLIM product in a notoriously unforgiving landscape such as BAJA. Normal gear simply does not hold up the way KLIM does.”

[​IMG]

KLIM has a handful of riders participating in the BAJA RALLY including ned Suesse, Enduro 360’s Chilly White and Rally Moto Kit’s Chris Vestal, among others.
    The Inaugural BAJA RALLY is the first ever roadbook-navigation based “rally-raid” for motorcycles to be held in BAJA CA and will take place on a series of secret course routes beginning in the historically rich wine country of Santo Tomas and ending in the agricultural center of San Quintin. More information about BAJA’s newest motorsports experience at www.bajarallymoto.com
  14. Scotty Breauxman

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    ERENDIRA, BAJA CA, MEXICO-Bajarallymoto.com has announced that female desert racing champion and Baja matriarch Anna Cody will participate in the Inaugural BAJA RALLY de Motos this October 4-6 in Northern Baja CA. Cody, who most recently won the 250 expert class at the Best In The Desert Vegas to Reno race, is best known for her historic solo finish in the 2006 BAJA 1000, the first such finish for any female motorcycle racer.

[​IMG]

“There is a deep significance to Anna’s joining us in our first BAJA RALLY”, explains rally creator and director Scotty Breauxman, “Not only is she our only female entrant, but the ironic symbolism between her and the Johnson-Meling women is important to our mission to create an event that educates and immerses our participants and teams into the local history and culture of Baja CA.”
    More than 100 ago, “norteamericano” settlers Harry and Ella Johnson strived with their children against all odds as miners and cattle ranchers at San Antonio Del Mar and the foothills and mesas below San Pedro De Martir. They were the forebears of the Meling family name, which is prevalent in the area today. When most all other migrants from the north failed, Ella Johnson and “Bertie” Meling persevered.

“The striking similarity”, Breuaxman continued, “It that like the Johnsons and Melings, Anna Cody has fought hard to endure BAJA in a mostly male dominated arena. Having her with us for this first rally is extremely important to our team and to our hosts of BAJA.”

[​IMG]

Part of Cody’s effort to participate in the BAJA RALLY is supported by Geoff Hill of BajaBound Insurance. Hill is an avid video maker who hopes to document Cody’s adventure from the preparation through completion.
    The Inaugural BAJA RALLY is the first ever roadbook-navigation based “rally-raid” for motorcycles to be held in BAJA CA and will take place on a series of secret course routes beginning in the historically rich wine country of Santo Tomas and ending in the agricultural center of San Quintin. More information about BAJA’s newest motorsports experience at www.bajarallymoto.com
    ANNA CODY RESULTS:
    2013 Vegas to Reno 1st place-250 Expert -27th overall
    2013 Ridgecrest Rumble-1st place Industry class
    2013 Laughlin Hare Scrambles 2nd place 250 Expert
    2013 Barstow Get-ETS -EME 1st place Industry class
    2013 Parker 250 1st Place 250 Expert

*2012 Vegas To Reno -2nd 250 Expert
    Sidelined most of the year with injuries

*2011 Vegas to Reno -7th Iron-man solo out of 36 male competitors

*2010 SCORE 3rd place class 20 year end standings

*2009 SCORE 3rd place class 20 year end standings

*2008 SCORE 1st place class 20 champion
    *2008 Best in the Desert 2nd place year end standings in the 4 Stroke unlimited expert class

*2006 1st woman to solo and finish the Baja 1000 on a motorcycle 1047 miles in 33 hours
    *2006 1st Open Expert Glen Helen 24 hour endurance race on the Dirt Bike Magazine team

*1989 to 2004 13 Time District 37 Woman Desert Class Champion
    6 Time District 37 Big Six Grand Prix Women Class Champion
    7 Time District 37 Enduro Class Champion
    3 Time Best in the Desert Woman Pro class champion

*1993 Nevada Rally 2500 Mile Rally 1st woman pro beating Germany’s Dakar woman racer Jutta Klienschidt

*1990 Prospectors Enduro – 3rd Overall – beating 150 male competitors
    *1990 SCORE 2nd place 250 Pro year end standings ( series included the Baja 1000 which my teammate Lillie Sweetland and I became the 1st all woman team to finish the Baja 1000 on motorcycles)
    *1989 Barstow to Vegas 1st Woman Expert
    *1989 AMA National Hare and Hound Woman Class Champion
    *1980 First Desert Race ever – Funny Story Kendal Normans dad took her to that race he was a good family friend who wanted a son to teach how to race so Anna was the next best thing until Kendal came along several years later.
  15. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Rad!

I've always wanted to meet her, I was and am in awe of her 2006 iron-person finish...
  16. RenoMoto

RenoMoto Rally Navigator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Inmates:

I'm sure a bunch of you guys are more familiar with the riding around northern Baja than myself (which wouldn't take a whole lot)

Anybody interested in hanging out in Baja after the Rally and riding for a couple more days?

See you soon in Mexico!
  17. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    WOW!! Anna Cody.......:super jealous.
  18. Maineroot

Maineroot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This event is smack dab in the middle of our installation at the Austin City Limits Music Festival- which is 2 weekends this year. I can't be absent for the festivities! Wishing you the best of luck gentleman.

19. wrk2surf

Oddometer:
    where will it go ??
    [​IMG]
  20. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, T-shirts should be ready next week.
    I'll update with a link shortly, see you guys in Baja :D

[​IMG]