2014 Juggernaut Pre-Run 30 Suits $109.00

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by velocitygear, Dec 7, 2013.

1. tiger seven

tiger seven Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. I'm in no hurry, but I'll be traveling some in the new year and wanted to have a rough idea of when it might be arriving.

One question: I'm pretty easy to fit, but do you think either version, nylon or lycra, will be significantly cooler or more breathable than the other?

Derek
  2. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a Med/LG with 6 plates, I am 170lb and 6' even. Looking forward to trying it out. I have looked at JTucker's in person and its a nice piece. My current pressure suit (Sette, which was a rockgarden knockoff) is needing replaced. I cant wait to try it out the Juggernaut! :clap

I am also curious about the mesh vs lycra. My current suit is nylon mesh, it has held up very well but its rough against the skin so I have always worn a lycra compression shirt under it (nike hot season gear). Helps reduce chaffing but adding an extra layer in the summer is not ideal.

Thanks
    Jeremy
  3. GJ990

GJ990 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I also ordered one on Sunday, can't wait. Never having had a pressure suit before and living in FL where it gets very hot and humid, I'm wondering which material handles sweat better? By that I mean which material is easier to clean and doesn't retain the smell as much. I'm thinking probably mesh, but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    G
  4. Tex83

Tex83 Motersykle Advntyers

Oddometer:
    Hey you have fat guy sizes!! Just ordered mine, much prefer my money going to a company like yours. Thanks!
  5. jgreer916

jgreer916 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just placed an order as well, I'm 5'6" so went with the recommended 6 plates. Riding season is done here in Montana, at least where I live so no big deal on the 4 to 6 weeks.

-john
  6. winch

winch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks! I've been looking for some new gear for next season. This came at just the right time!
  7. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is the chest protection made any different than the previous one? it appears to be larger, possibly because of the size of the suit?
    Also, like I said the suit is a little short and the velcro tabs on the top don't reach the kidney belt, will the new one be this way as well?
    Also I had the longer piece attached to the kidney belt, is this still an option or needed?
  8. scoutguy

scoutguy The Chairman

Oddometer:
    Order placed.
  9. Toxic518

Toxic518 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered.
  10. 5_19

5_19 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ordered mine! :clap
  11. RWC

RWC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Order placed
  12. Nnordsman

Nnordsman Nnordsman Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ordered. Thanks for the awesome price.
  13. velocitygear

velocitygear Killer Moto Gloves

Oddometer:
    Hello,

For summer riding, those that are worried about heat should look into an evaporative cooling vest. As a motocross rider, I just drench myself between sessions. When it's over 100 degrees, I'm in good spirits because I'm air conditioned while riding. When the water evaporates, I just hit the hose again.
    Street riders don't have it as easy, or dual-sport guys, or adv riders for that matter, that's where the evaporative cooling vest comes into play. My cooling vest is simply a t-shirt but anyone looking for a more comprehensive solution should look into a cooling vest.
  14. velocitygear

Oddometer:
    Both materials are easy to clean, the lycra would probably hold the odor easier/longer. Personally, an undershirt/cooling vest is mandatory with either material in my opinion. You can wear the lycra without an underlayer but I'm not a fan. The mesh requires an underlayer to reduce chaffing..
  15. velocitygear

Oddometer:
    Yes sir! We're working with a new supplier and our first order a month ago was on the tight side for larger sizes. Between the mesh and lycra and revised sizing, I think we'll be good for almost any size...
  16. velocitygear

Oddometer:
    The chest is now 1 solid piece of plastic and covers more area.

We're using a longer jacket pattern and have a recommendation for the velcro tabs. I think anyone with this question will need to call me for an explanation after the suit is received OR until I can get photos or instructions. The problem you encountered is no longer an issue..
  17. velocitygear

Oddometer:
    Still, the ONLY forum I bring my Group Buys to exclusively!

Thank You ADVRider members, let's keep the ball rolling, Please tell a friend..
  18. JTucker

JTucker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you, I will be ordering a new one.
  19. velocitygear

Oddometer:
    It's on the list of "things" and has been for a while. Having a new supplier will make product development much easier, so 2014 should see a product for that category..
  20. winch

winch Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm listening...