FISHER Seats and FISHER Saddlebags

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaxhippie, Jan 11, 2011.

1. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Thanks RJ. We love feedback, especially when it rids the butt of monkeys. I know first hand how much more comfortable the 450x seat can be. It made all these rocks more bearable when standing up became an off the pegs keep the wheel spinning grind to the top. Thanks again for the photo and sharing your experience. Enjoy the new comfort.

[​IMG]
  2. Potosi Joe

Potosi Joe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is it possible to do a 12" wide seat and still lower it 2" and keep the nose narrow for reaching the ground at the front. Thanks Joe
  3. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Joe,

We do build 12" wide low DR650 seats. How low depends on your position on the seat among a few other factors. Here is an example of a 12" wide 1.5" low DR650 seat which is more common due to rider position. Email sent.

Nate

[​IMG]
  4. Bigdog54

Bigdog54 MX X-Over Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've got a 2001 XR400. With the extra width, do you find people tearing the cover when they drop the bike. I know it can happen at any moment but it looks like the extra width would make it more "prone" to damage?
  5. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    That would seem logical that a wider seat would be more susceptible to tears. We don't get any complaints of torn covers though. In my experience, the handlebars and side panels make contact with the ground. We don't even have scuffs on our own personal seats. This photo captured from my helmet cam kind of paints a picture. My bags are certainly holding the bike up and if there were a large sharp object where the seat is, I might have had a torn cover. Since our seats aren't extremely hard, the foam does give to pressure from all angles, which will allow the vinyl to flex as well. A better example might be the DR350 and KLX650c we have here that have had the same cover on for a full decade now, and they have definitely been down. Busted mirrors, busted turn signals, scuffed tanks/shrouds, scratched engine covers, among other uglies, but no torn seat. Maybe all of our customers are superb riders and don't tip over like myself, who knows.

I can tell you, riding around on a stock seat is not worth the fear of a potential increase in cover damage.

And if you're wondering what happened in the photo, my attempt at a climbing a rock shelf was unsuccessful. Fail.:muutt

[​IMG]
  6. jecyammy

jecyammy n00b

Oddometer:
    Had to add a good word to all the others on the Fisher seat. I just got mine back today and haven’t yet put it on my WR250X (it’s hard to see the measurements from the ruler sitting on the seat, but it’s about 10 ½ inches wide). Don’t know how it will feel long term, but propping it on a chair and sitting on it I can already tell it’s going to be very supportive, comfortable, and worlds better than the stock seat. The quality of workmanship, materials, fit, and finish is outstanding. Likewise the service and communication from Nate. A telephone conversation with Nate and the order form’s requested info about me and my riding habits resulted in a this-size-fits-me rather than a one-size-fits-all seat. Including shipping both ways from Arizona to Idaho, my seat was back in my hands two weeks after I sent it off. Price came in under $200 including shipping (they were able to save me $ by using my nearly-new original cover, plus added material). I have no basis for comparison to other aftermarket seats, but I don’t need to compare; for me, it passes a more important test – I feel like I got more than I paid for. If you’re looking for a custom seat, put Fisher on your short list.

[​IMG]
  7. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Some guys call our seats a couch, among other names (guitar, frying pan, etc.); so it's funny to see your couch on a couch. Thanks for the pics and when you get the opportunity to ride another aftermarket seat (on any bike), take it. You'll be even more satisfied you didn't try multiple solutions before finding us, like some other riders' wallets have.
  8. EnduroRdr

EnduroRdr Woods Racer & D/S Rider

Oddometer:
    Formerly BR-LA, LR-AR, Houston-Tx, now SouthMS
    Go for it - the seat is wider yes but I dont think mine is really any more vulnerable than it was at stock width. Maybe it could snagg something a little easier but turst me the added comfort is worth any additional risk. The seat is well made and the cover seems everybit as rugged as the stock maybe tougher! I had Fisher make mine from scratch (not modify stock) worth the price and looks great! I have dropped mine a coule times in woods and rocks and no dammage yet.

Fisher did a seat for my XR400, 10" wide, no more monkey butt for me. I am very happy with mine.
    Now I can do 200+ mile days one after another (and enjoy them!).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually I'm so happy with it I am about to send them the seat off my DualSport CX500 (which is using a 1980 RM125 seat on it) and it is too soft and too narrow for those long days riding.

What do you think Joe (rotaxhippie) or Nate? I need it about 10" wide and a lot firmer! Can you take on that CX500 seat project?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    We can firm the CX seat up and give it some comfortable width. That style of pan may require a new cover though. Glad the XR400 seat is working for you and you know what a wide seat can do for longer trips.

Nate
  10. pschuyler

pschuyler Adventurer

Oddometer:
  11. Vicks

Vicks gets stuck in sand

Oddometer:
    Am looking at soft luggage for my KTM 990Adventure which already has a rack system.

couldn't find pricing information on your website so, could you please let me know what are the prices for just the saddle bags ? Saddle bags capacity is 46-60litres right ?

thanks
  12. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Pete, We can make your stock GS seat wider and a better foam density, usually softer. Email me an order form through our site and I'll look it over to see what all we can do a quote you a price. I'll want to know if you feel like there is additional pressure at the back of your :tush, making it feel like you're sliding forward or having to fight to stay in one spot.

Vicks, Unfortunately we don't have any bags designed to fit your 990. All our bags are model specific. There is no way to secure our bags without the rack. By strapping them to the bike, it'd be less expensive buying a generic set, which would probably fit as well if not better. We can help you with a seat as well if needed.
  13. jecyammy

jecyammy n00b

Oddometer:
    Thought I'd post an "after" picture now that my Fisher seat is on the Yamaha and has a few miles of butt time on it. The seat makes a world of difference. I've gone as far as 225 miles in one day on it, and while all my parts were tired by that time, the days of the torture test are over. Very comfortable, very supportive, all the downside of the stock seat gone. Nate, I thank you, my rear end thanks you, my WR250X thanks you.

[​IMG]
  14. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Great mixture of pics with the WR. Thanks. Sorry your wife makes you keep your ride in storage. :(: X models can definitely benefit with some width. Hopefully she served you proud for the remainder of the year.
    ______ ______ ______ ______
    Special note for Europe riders and other overseas two wheel enthusiasts. The US Dollar has a pretty good exchange rate at the moment with the Euro and Pound. We've been selling more and more complete seats overseas and wanted to make sure ya'll knew. For example:

New Fisher custom KTM seat here in the US: $319.99
    - in Pounds = £198.01 + Shipping (£25-£40)
    - in Euro = €233.93 + Shipping (€30-€50)

Email us on our website if you would like a complete KTM seat or other make.

[​IMG]
  15. the_real_wild1

the_real_wild1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just bought one of your seats used for my KTM. Have you ever made a seat for an FJR 1300 or is it possible to get one made?
  16. Honkey Cat

Honkey Cat Tailights Fade!

Oddometer:
    I'm on my 3rd seat from fishers. It is the most comfortable seat for me, great service and the seat gets better and better. Most important mod to my KTM & My Dr650
  17. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Thanks HC. Wild1, we build all types of motorcycle seats. Most street seats we do are local, for a number of reasons. We can help you out with the FJR 1300 though. Comfort can always be gained with more width and the right foam. Width is limited since you need leg room to straddle the seat at a stop. My CBR got a softer layer of foam and more width where I could. I'd even like more width on the CBR seat, but I ride up against the tank and don't even use the back half of the driver seat. Send us an email through our website with what you think you'd like done. An order form from our Seats page would be even better so we have more details.
  18. the_real_wild1

Oddometer:
    Ok thanks. I have checked it out and wonder it you do same day service if I was to ride down there?
  19. rotaxhippie

rotaxhippie more cowbell

Oddometer:
    Depending on what we're doing to it, we may be able to make an appointment and finish it. We'll need to discuss all the alterations ahead of time to make any promises. The appointment would have a short lead time, meaning we can't make it a month out, more like a week or days.
  20. the_real_wild1

Oddometer:
    Great thanks.