Looking 1969 AT-1m Expansion Chamber

Discussion in '2 smokers' started by RodT, Sep 28, 2012.

1. RodT

RodT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am in the process of restoring a 1969 AT-1M with matching numbers and i need a MX expansion Chamber with the perforated leg guard, If you have such a item pm me with a price. Thanks Rod
  2. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
    I had a 1969 AT-1mx as did a several of my buddies. The one thing I remember quite well is that the material Yamaha used was very brittle and the pipes broke like crazy. The same for the perforated heat shield. If you are lucky to find one intact, I'm willing to bet it was pulled off the bike with less than 20 hours on it.

BTW, that pipe was also part of what was known as a "GYT kit" (get kit). The same pipe was used on the CT-1 (175cc).
  3. Scootern29

Scootern29 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check out the guys on Yamahaenduro.com. They have members with all kinds of stuff.
  4. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Those pipes are a top dollar item,rare as hen's teeth these days. Most have been in the dumpster long ago.
    I can still remember the sound they made sans muffler.
  5. RodT

RodT Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember the sound well, as i had a new one in 1971 and the sound was so sweet. We had to put silencers on them to race on all the MX tracks, $2.00 to ride or watch.[​IMG]