RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hi Levain,

We will not be a vendor at the NY IMS show this year. If you will be in NYC for the show, our Philadelphia showroom is only 2 hours away and we have plenty of Rukka gear here in stock.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  2. Avocet

Avocet Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply about the collar hook on the Sand 2 jacket. I saw that feature on your video about the snaps that hold the under-zipper storm flap back and thought that might be a great feature along with the collar hooked open. Without the collar hook I'm not sure its an improvement at all, especially since the neck area receives more wind than the chest area (where the new feature is) on a bike with a windshield. I think I would still want to unsnap my collar even with the new feature on a hot day. I was leaning towards getting a Sand 2 but now I think I may stay with my old Sand jacket. Tell Rev'it they are making a mistake by eliminating the collar hook. It was one of the nice features that set their jackets apart from their competition.
  3. toowheels

toowheels on a mission...

Oddometer:
    +100

Rev'It don't drop the collar hook on the Sand 2!!

I have a both a Sand and a Horizon jacket. I love the adjustable no velcro collar and the hook!

That's one big reason a lot of "great" jackets I look at get passed over!

It's the first thing to open when it gets warmer.

All the other improvements look good but the collar hook is a major oversight in my mind. The zipper flap staying open isn't the same thing to me.

Also Avocet they have added a snap tab at the cuff to back up the zipper on the sleeves to prevent the zipper from creeping :thumb

Dave
  4. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hi Avocet,

I agree, for a premium offering like the Sand 2 jacket, I was sad to see it eliminated. I failed to mention in my previous post the increase of airflow on the new Sand 2. REV'IT! claims an increase of airflow by a staggering 200% over the original. This is achieved by increasing the length of the arm vents that now terminate at the bicep as opposed to the Sand jacket arm vents that ended below the elbow. The chest vents are slightly larger, but now include a snap back to hold the panel open and direct more air at the body. For us touring folks who sit behind a windscreen, the arm vents are the major plus here, but it will be interesting to see how folks respond once the weather gets warm. I have the original Sand jacket, but typically don't use it in hot weather.
    All in, this is a nice upgrade over the original with the compatibility with the new products like the cooling vest, the HV vest, CE L2 back protection option and hook-ups for a neck brace. Come June 2013, we'll be curious to see what folks think about airflow and no collar catch back.
    Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  5. CreatureCore

CreatureCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The design on the collar catch was never that great on the rev'it products. It's done a lot better on the teiz products. What really bothers me about the new rev'it products is they stopped using cordura. So they went to a cheaper material yet the new suit I think costs more then the original.

For a cheaper price you can get a teiz navigator jacket with better venting, cordura, superfabric, full sastech armor including the back pad, and the better thermal liner. Then invest 100 into a Gore-tex paclite shell on ebay and not only are you dry when you arrive somewhere but so is your jacket.

Even teknic is using cordura in their sprint jacket and selling it for a cheaper price then rev'it is selling this jacket with cheaper materials.

The original rev'it dragon jacket was a great deal with good materials and that was their low end jacket. Now that jacket had better materials then their current mid teir sand.
  6. texmawby

texmawby adventurous lurker

Oddometer:
    Jeez, I guess I'll step in here. About the collar catch.....I don't know why you aren't satisfied with it, as there are a lot of riders here and elsewhere that are happy with it. Actually, the inspiration of the collar catch was from listening to the inmates here at ADVrider which led us to design that feature. Riders commented that they liked our flexisnap neck adjuster, but wanted to ride with their collar open and to eliminate the flapping.....suddenly we had an epiphany, and viola, the collar catch was designed.

I'm also confused on why you aren't confident in our Powershell Textile. Do you know what our Powershell is, what yarns we are using, and what weaving processes we are using? For your information, we have our own testing lab at the REV'IT! International HQ, and our own Martindale Abrasion Testing Machine, so we are confident in the quality of textiles (and their abrasion resistance) we use to create the REV'IT! Collections of apparel.

In my opinion, your comparison of the REV'IT! Dragon Jacket to the new REV'IT Sand2 Jacket is pretty naive if you base it solely on Codura vs Powershell and where those materials are used in the construction of the jackets. It is also incorrect if you think that a denier number is consistent in various yarns tensile strength. Also you are incorrect when you state that REV'IT! has stopped using Codura.

For what it's worth....when I compare two competing products I look at materials, features, innovations, fitment, and style aesthetic. I see more value in the new Sand2 over the old Dragon Jacket, but I am a bit biased....mainly because I'm immersed in all things REV'IT!

I'm glad that you are a fan of the Teiz products. REV'IT! is honored at the inspiration we continually create in the motorcycling apparel industry. We will continue to innovate good, clean designs, and hopefully we can reignite your passion for the REV'IT! brand.

If you have more questions, feel free to PM me and we'll take a further discussion offline.

Cheers,

Tex Mawby
    REV'IT! Sport USA
  7. CaptainFur

CaptainFur Adventurer

Oddometer:
    In a way this can be the very reason for lack of confidence in materials - because we don't know the details. Looking for a new jacket I initially dismissed some of these jackets (as well as jackets from other companies with other unknown fabrics) as I didn't know what "PWR|Shell" was and assumed just a fancy named polyester . The advantage of something like Cordura is that there is information on the actual test results for abrasion testing on the net so you know what your getting. I've since worked out that Powershell is a polyamide and should be OK but without test result numbers still have concerns in the back of my mind - It's hard to know where marketing hype begins and reality ends.

Currently considering the Sand as a main jacket and/or Turbine (which I believe is more protective than the Tornado?) for warmer weather but even though the Turbine mentions Cordura - how much of it is actually used on the jacket?
  8. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Nihilism Matters!

Oddometer:
    Hey, guys- I am replacing a XXL Arai Profile (long oval), and am thinking about the XD4.

I think the XD4 is listed as an intermediate oval - any experience with people going from one to the other? Is there enough adjustability in the padding/lining to make it work?

Also- if not - it looks like the Profile has been discontinued, what's the replacement?

Thanks,

edit: while I'm at it- what's the fit like on a schuberth?
  9. CreatureCore

CreatureCore Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The collar design is a good idea that was poorly executed. It simply does not work well. A snap positioned on the upper chest would be far more effective. As is the collar just bunches up into a loop and only way to fold it properly is to unvelcro the entire front of the jacket. Its annoying. I have owned the rev'it siracco and the rev'it dragon. I simply never used the collar catch as it was uncomfortable. And yes rev'it still uses cordura on their top end products showing that it is indeed a superior material then the new powershell polyester material they are using on their cheaper stuff.

And if you indeed do work for rev'it how about actually using some 2 way zippers? A 3/4 jacket without one is not the most comfortable to wear.
  10. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hey Boon,

The Arai Profile has been replaced with the Arai Signet-Q Helmet, the next generation of long oval. People have loved the fit so far.

While the new Schuberth C3 Pro is more accommodating front to back than the original Schuberth C3 and XD-4 I would still classify all 3 helmets as intermediate oval.

Post a picture of your head (front and side profile) and we could probably gut check whether or not it's even worth your time to try and intermediate.

Thanks,

Anthony

11. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hey Now,

Back in November, a few of us had the chance to ride with RawHyde Adventures in California. It rained. We crashed. It was wild.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3hqwc5bIpVk?list=PL9zc1l5tX2onfJ0OBMv9GuGRqutx909P3" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big bikes, DS tires and mud. Go figure right?

We just released the video this week. Posting it and would love to hear any feedback. We had a blast shooting it. The RawHyde team is pro and took great care of us.

Best,

Anthony
  12. mackdaddy

mackdaddy Finding my way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone,

Have to get some new adventure touring pants. I have narrowed it down to Klim. I am looking at the Badlands Pro pants and the Latitude 840 pants. Can someone help me out with what the key differences are between the two?

It seems to just be style and armor (D30) in the Badlands) Thanks for any info.
  13. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a waterproof mid-temperature range glove. I do commuting and touring and might step off the pavement once in a while - but I seem to like the idea of adventure glove level protection. I have the Alaska and the Dirt and love them both but I need something in between that I can wear in the 60's and 70's or warmer in the rain. I don't really care if my hands get wet during short trips in the 90's but I'd like to have a breathable waterproof option for longer rides. Most of my gear is REVIT! but I'm open to any brand you recommend. What do ya got?
  14. Boondoggle

Boondoggle Nihilism Matters!

Oddometer:

Hey, Anthony, thanks- I actually figured out how to ask the question on your website not too long after posted this here. I picked up a Signet Q about a month ago and the fit is pretty good- I think once I get it broken in it will fit just like the Profile did.

I gotta say, the Signet is amazingly light- it weighs absolutely nothing, even compared to the Profile.

While I'm at it- just a thumbs-up to you guys, yo were very good to us on swapping out a closeout pair of pants I bought for my wife a couple years ago that were the wrong size.

You didn't owe us the hassle-free exchange but your folks were very cool about it. When I had to, uh, unexpectedly replace my gloves, jacket, and helmet over the last couple months, I came straight to you guys- being cool about a $100 closeout ended up selling Helds, Arai, and a FirstGear Kilimajaro (ok I know the Kili isn't high rent, but I just like them).

:thumb
  15. bobbybeemer

bobbybeemer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Last year I was in the market for three sets of TKCs for our GS's. Found a awesome price at another web site for the tires. I sent the link to Rev and they denied it.. In fact they couldn't even get close.
    I would of thought for three sets they would of worked with me for a nice sale but said no. I run a business also, and sometimes to get a long term customer we cut margin once in awhile, I guess these guys don't. that's up to them.
    So their loss is three customers my two sons and myself all owners of multiple bikes.
    I work hard for my money and look for a good deal and awesome service, just sorry they didn't go the extra step.
    My two cents
  16. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    Well I might do the same thing if the difference was substantial. However, my recent experience was a little different. One of the tires I received had a clear defect. When I verified such, they zipped out a replacement no questions asked - and I didn't even have to return the bad one. I too own a small business and I'd say that's pretty good service. :clap
  17. bobbybeemer

bobbybeemer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Agree that is good service. Anything defective should and must be replaced or purchase price refunded as when we buy a part we don't buy defective goods unless it is advertised as such.
  18. LivnStone

LivnStone Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Why are you always wearing that same t-shirt???? Inquiring minds want to know. :rofl
  19. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wasn't looking for you to fix anything, and certainly not $10. It is how you buy a customer though. Nice explanation. Nice touch. Very much appreciated.

Long story short. I placed an order that was "in Stock-ships within 24hrs". 3 days later it was still "sent to warehouse" so I sent an email to cs@revzilla.com just asking when it might ship. Here's what I received:

Hi Jim,

At the time you placed your order the Wolfman Monarch Pass Saddlebags were in stock at our Las Vegas warehouse. However, we already had a stock order en route from Wolfman to our Philadelphia warehouse.

As shipping time from Las Vegas to your location in RI would have been 5-6 business days, our distribution team exported the order to our Philadelphia warehouse, as it would arrive at the same time.

The stock order arrived at our Philadelphia warehouse earlier this afternoon, and your bags will be shipping on Monday the 18th. For the inconvenience, I have credited your account an additional $10 in TeamZilla cash. That way should you decide to place another order with us in the future, you will receive a $10 discount.

If there is any other way in which we can be of assistance to you, feel free to contact us.

Thanks!

--
    James Waldron
    RevZilla Motorsports, LLC
    877-792-9455
    http://www.revzilla.com[/url[/I][/COLOR] Hey Anthony, Buy James a beer:freaky
  20. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Anthony, I am interested in a pair of the klim Overland Pant. On revzilla.com it has a "pre-order" on the description. How do I go about this?

I had the Traverse pant (still wear the jacket that I love) but didn't like the "dirt bike" fit. I believe the Overland is just the ticket.

I wear a 36w in jeans (ahhum, a little snug) so would the 36w in the Overland be my best bet? I will not wear any jeans or pant under the Overland, just my LDComfort riding shorts so I am looking for a "jeans" type of fit.
    How soon will they be released, or order-able?

By the way the Wife is ordering a Ladies Ventura (silver&blue) jacket and pant combo. She will be posting a few questions about sizing before ordering.

I hate to ask, but I must. Are there any ADV member discounts?

Thanks for your help

-Ron