TuneECU for 990 - got tunes?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by jetpoweredmonkey, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    different ignition value's require different fuel value's.

yes you can copy the newer fuel value's inthe older maps but the cam profile+ignition value's don't match with those new fuel value's.
    so it is useless
  2. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    you can tune (to a degree) a bike by changing the fuel maps only and not adjusting the ignition values.
    So my reply was merely aimed at answering the question. Yes you can use the fuel values from the 09+ in a 07-08 bike. Whether the tune will be the most efficient is another question.:freaky
  3. Tom-Hamburg

Tom-Hamburg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Update January-11-2013, TuneECU 2.4.2 now Released

*Adding the possibility to import the F Trim in the F & L table.

Update January-12-2013, TuneLibrary v2.4.2.1 now Released

* fix a bug with the TNT02AR and TNT03AR Benelli maps.

BR, Tom
  4. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Uh oh....

[​IMG]
    The user hosting this
    content is out of bandwidth.
  5. moto-treks

moto-treks Back Home

Oddometer:
    I ran a stock 2011 R map with my Remus 2 into 1 on my 2010 990 when I had a stock airbox.
  6. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    The only real difference is the cams. They require more fuel. Ignition timing will be different but not by much. Look at the ignition maps and check the changes. Probably be between 3 to 6 degrees+-. The factory maps are tuned for riding the whole world in every altitude, humidity, and temperature. Specific maps such as USA are just more emissions. They won't be optimized for any one's engine. Such the reason a dyno tune gets great results. When you tune ignition timing you advance the timing(with the engine under a set rpm/load) until peak hp is reached. From this point you can advance quit a bit before things rattle. KTM maps are pretty reserve on the timing. More ignition timing will give better mpg.
  7. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    It maybe in this thread..........I didn't find it.

I downloaded the tuneecu and installed, think I have it communicating with the cable at least.

The background on the screen says Triumph...........

Is this the correct tune ecu for my 990R?

Thanks, and hopefully someone gets a chuckle out of my ignorance.
  8. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Should say KTM!

Check in the menu bars, there is an option to "connect", also you have to set the connection device to USB.

When is connected you see a blinking green rectangule on right lower corner of the screen. If it's red its not connected, if it's yellow, then it is... almost! but just not yet =)
  9. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Question for tuneecu users

Yesterday uploaded a different map to my 06 990Adv. bike was not running properly, terrible flatspot at 3-4k rpm, and 23 MPG.. :(

As soon as the map was loaded, pressed "reset adaptation" and when the task was being done noticed the TPS voltage went up to 0,85v.

flipped the key off, then on, the TPS 0,85v remained unchanged even after connecting tuneecu again. Started the engine and imediatly the revs went to 4k rpm and stood there for a while, then dropped to 3,5k and stood there.

Turned the engine off, loaded the previous map, did reset adaptation, TPS voltage went down to 0,68v. flipped key off, then on, started and it idled fine.

:huh

WTF? the tps voltage looks rather high but below that after many many tests, it kept the revs high without dropping below 3k.
  10. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    After I loaded a KTM Map it went to ktm back ground.

11. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    sounds like the speed idle motor setting in that other mapping is different?. just compair the idle speed setting.

by the way a tps voltage of 0.68v is quite high, this should be between 0,55-0.65v when the engine is warm (according 2011 ktm smt/smr manual) so optimal setting is 0.6v when the engine is warm
  12. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you're talking about the map idle settings, these are the same. Even if they were different that would not cause this high idle.. afaik.

Yes, the tps voltage is quite high but it's the only setting where the idling works ok. Tried many values, believe me, many values, from 0,45 up to 0,8 , this is the best it could do. On my 950 had it set to 0,6 flat and it ran like a dream. this one is acting like a bitch...
  13. StevenD

StevenD Hmmmm, dirt!

Oddometer:
    did you ever reset adaptation after readjusting the tps? sound like your doing manual adaptation with the tps instead of calibrating the ecu software to the new setting.
  14. Spark01

Spark01 V-Twin

Oddometer:
    strange...

just a long shot, because i know the ecu also uses the map sensors for idle rpm.
    and i assume the throttle bodies are properly synched.
    maybe there is a rubber booth between the throttle bodies and cylinder a very little bit leaking or the map sensor connection is a bit clogged (at throttle body).
    causing this strange behavior??
  15. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not sure if i understood you correctly, you mean press reset adaptation after every tps (device) adjustment? For sure i haven't done it always, but after any map change i press reset adaptation... just in case.

Am i missing some step?

Can't be 100% sure, only if something microscopic but i've removed the TB's to check the intake boots, and all piping related to MAP sensors. Both have been thoroughly blow with compressed air.. no signs of any kind of blockage.

Yes TB's appear to be synched, relying on tuneecu map info, these are less than 5 units apart from each other.
  16. Alex_RO

Alex_RO Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi there,

did you by any chance check the condition of the fuel filters? Had something similar a couple of years ago (and EXACTLY the same now) and it was fixed by new filters. I haven't had the opportunity to install the new filters yet (KTM didn't have any on stock, ordered them in August... finally got them in November - a bit late to mount / test them) but I'm hoping it would fix it again.

I've got a TuneEcu cable on it's way anyway.

Thanks, Alex
  17. pdxthmper

pdxthmper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ok so have been comparing differnt maps, stock, arka, custom extra and know I am wonder what the values in the fuel tables actually are, or put another way what are the units for the various tables?
    Thanks
  18. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    Milligrams of air. Higher the number the more air the ECU thinks it is getting. The more fuel then the ECU delivers.
  19. 990s

990s Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you use a battery charger when you did your work with tuneecu? Its draining the battery, and when the ecu reads battery power under a defined point under its start up check, it responding with higher idle rpm,s typically about 4000 rpm.
  20. Gustavo.Ramos

Gustavo.Ramos Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes.

But when loading back the previous map, did not use the battery charger and when started the engine the idle was fine, so we can assume the battery had good power.