Skyclad's Wanderings

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Skyclad, Jan 26, 2012.

1. murdock84

murdock84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. tommu56

tommu56 Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. Skyclad

Skyclad Original Bastard Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, this is more the type of cleavage I was interested in during high school.

[​IMG]
  4. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    322, east end of the narrows.
  5. JaxObsessed

JaxObsessed Aggressively pedantic about objective truth=Woke.

Oddometer:
    What's going on in here? My cleavage sense was tingling. :freaky :lol3
  6. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    Had a little problem with Mattie last week. Poor girl just didn't want to start. New battery and cleaning a few electrical connections did the trick and I took her out tagging on Saturday just to make sure she was good to go.

Lancaster county has close to 30 covered bridges. Here are two of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmm, guess that I will take the cage to work this morning.

[​IMG]
  7. cakmakli

cakmakli Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer:
    That was my decision as well. Hopefully this will be the last decent snow of Spring.
  8. murdock84

Oddometer:
    I guess I never forget nice cleavage then!
  9. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    [spam]

Almost time for a little gathering. Rick's Rendezvous is coming up soon. Dead line for sign up is April 14.

[/spam]
  10. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    I did a lot of wandering the past few weeks. 13 days on the road, 2817 miles total with over 1200 miles of the Trans-eastern Trail. I debated whether to post it here, or do a full ride report. Well, the ride report won. Here is your link.

and a couple teaser photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, go check it out, ya bunch of Bastards!
  11. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    it has not been a good summer so far for recreational riding. Work, family obligations and brutal heat have kept me off the bike far more than I would like. Hopefully, that will is behind me for awhile and I will be able to start posting more to this thread.

Blasting Elf and I are going to be riding to Hot Springs, NC this October, so we thought it would be a good thing to get her more time in the saddle. Just a short 90 mile loop today, but we will be working up to 200+ mile daily rides by the end of the summer.:clap

Not many pictures as I was talking with Julie most of the time. Gotta love those Scala units.

[​IMG]

Trust me, I look far sillier sitting on the Elf's bike than she does sitting on mine.
    [​IMG]

Here is proof of that
    [​IMG]

And proof that Julie does ride her own bike. Not many photos of this type of thing exist...yet.:evil
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like I said, not many pictures. There will be more activity here though. We are going to get in more riding together than usual this summer to get Julie ready for the October ride. It will be her longest ride by a long shot. Hopefully, I will even get her to chime in from time to time.
  12. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
    Bring it Blasting Elf. :thumb

We missed you yesterday Sky, but it seems you had better things to do!!:wink:
  13. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    Julie had to spend the night close to Philly last night. I didn't work yesterday or today. Guess where I spent last night?

We live about 90 miles from Philadelphia, so I took a proper shortcut on the way home today. Not sure what my mileage was today, but I know that I had gone about 150 miles when I stopped for gas the second time.:lol3

First stop was in Valley Forge.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bit of archaeology going on
    [​IMG]

The National Arch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pennsylvania Columns
    [​IMG]

General Wayne; his house was about five miles from Valley Forge, yet he stayed with his men instead of going home to his wife. Probably good for troop morale, but I am not sure it would have been easy to go home after that.
    [​IMG]

Even found a little bit of mild twisty in the National Park
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

See, we even let Jersey boys into the state back then.
    [​IMG]

OK, enough history for now. Unfortunately, there weren't may good shots after I left Valley Forge.

I don't know I would want to advertise this, but thanks for the warning.
    [​IMG]

Summer time road hazard
    [​IMG]

Almost home now
    [​IMG]
  14. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:
    :lol3

you need to take a vid riding it :deal
  15. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    I do love early mornings on the weekends. Little traffic and a peaceful feeling in the area. Still, the power must flow, and the Susquehanna River is tapped to provide a bit at the York Haven hydroelectric plant.
    [​IMG]

Sometimes, the river does not provide the power, but cools the plants that do. Brunner Island is a coal-fired generation station that draws its cooling water from the Susquehanna River. The water must be cooled off before they return it to the river; you can see where that takes place from the vapor cloud rising out of the trees.
    [​IMG]

There actually are not all that many bridges across the river, but here are two of them. I am on the Wrightsville Ferry bridge (Rt 462) and looking at the US 30 bridge.
    [​IMG]
  16. murdock84

Oddometer:
    It was a cool 46 degrees on my way north on 441 at 6:10AM on my way home from work on Saturday morning. Bainbridge is typically my coldest spot on my way to and from.
  17. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    We missed each other by about 30 minutes. I was heading south through Bainbridge around 0645.
  18. Skyclad

Oddometer:
    This has not been a good winter for me riding. With the work schedule and weather conditions being what they are, I have had a serious lack of motivation to do some much needed work on the bike. Last time I rode was all the way back in the end of October!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

During that ride, I noticed my chain seemed to be skipping. This may have had soemthing to do with it.
    [​IMG]

Well, the ICE Rally is this weekend, so I really had to get the bike ready to ride. She now has a new chain and chain and sprockets with a different ratio (16:45 from 17:45, stock is 16:42) and fresh oil.

While I was working on the bike, I made a few other mods. No more kickstand safety switch trying to kill me off-road, nor do I have crash bars installed any longer. Blasting Elf bought me a heated jacket for Yule, so I wired that up. Why didn't I ask for one of these earlier???

The last mod was to install some extra candlepower. Rigid Industry was my choice for their LED light setup. I will have to get some pictures of the lights, but here is what they do for me. This is what my driveway looks like with look beam only.
    [​IMG]

High beams are not too bad.
    [​IMG]

But I prefer the mothership mode.
    [​IMG]

ICE Rally this weekend, so there will be more pictures in the near future...
  19. JaxObsessed

Oddometer:
  20. Cuttle

Cuttle fuck the calm down

Oddometer:
    like the beams :clap -

the sprocket? not so much