Let's talk REV'IT! An open forum for your questions, opinions, suggestions and ideas.

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by REV'IT!, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Cuchulainn

Cuchulainn Y.Me

Oddometer:

It does thanks! I recalled after I wrote that, that I had a repair done to my Sand Jacket some years back and I was trying to recall who it was that did the work. Rainy pass was it.

However, Anthony Leatherworks sounds like an interesting option as I had been contemplating finding a place that might be able to stitch some leather panels to those areas as heat shielding to prevent or minimize further burns. I am not burning them badly each time, but the cumulative effect of 3 in pretty much the same area has taken its toll.

Thanks!!

- Sean
  2. REV'IT!

REV'IT! Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer:
    Hi ChildLikeWonder, we will pass along your comments about the leather patches. They're meant for good grip, mostly in off-road situations, but maybe there is a different solution that would work better for touring, too. If you remove the patches you will find the same fabric as the rest of the seat -- just keep in mind, that you'll void the warranty on this part of the pants. (In other words, if you have an issue with a seam or something else in the seat of the pants, it won't be covered -- but if you experience an issue with an unrelated button or strap, we'll still cover that.)

As for the cooling vest, it's mostly a matter of personal preference on whether you wear a shirt underneath. We recommend for maximum cooling effect that you wear a wicking fabric, like our Oxygen base layer (http://www.revitusa.com/en-us/#/products/FTU104), but you'll still feel the effect if you don't.

Safe travels,
    REV'IT!
  3. Desertbilly

Desertbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know you’re not soliciting product ideas, but I’m going to try to shoehorn one in. A few points:

A. Thanks for doing this thread; Real dialog is the best way to nurture a long-term relationship between a manufacturer and customers.

B. I’ve owned lots of Rev’it gear over the past several years. You’re my go-to manufacturer. My second vendor is Klim — I don’t mind paying their prices, if the equipment and service meets my needs, but it doesn’t very often.

C. I like the Euro cut (6’2”, 190 lbs, 34”W, 34”IS), Hi-Viz gear, and never use liners -- occasional rain and cool weather are very easy for me to manage.

D. I live in Phoenix, so am in mesh at least 9 months out of the year. I’ve had a Sirocco for the past several years and worn it down to the nub, touring around the west and southwest. I would really love to get an update/replacement for it. I know there’s the Levante, but it seems light on features, pockets and general tour-ability. A non-mesh doesn’t cut it — I have a Sand 2 which is fine under 90 degrees, but I spend a bunch of time between 90 and 110 degrees, and I want/need full mesh for that. The HV Tornado is nice, but I want 3/4 length, and more pockets for touring.

Thanks for listening.
  4. BruceWA

BruceWA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My pants are on the way to Revzilla for warranty assessment. Excellent and rapid service by them!!:clap
  5. ChildlikeWonder

ChildlikeWonder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Since it is marketed to people on adventure bikes I would say it is unnecessary since you stand when off road anyway on the big adventure bikes. That said, a fix would just be to make the patches big enough that there is no point where the edge of the seat crosses the edge of the patch - it is that meeting point where the pressure point is.

My other suggestion would be to make the last 8 inches of the inside of the legs leather, so you don't burn a whole through them if you drop the bike off road.
  6. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    I really like my Sand2 Jacket! The fit is nice and snug all around, instead of bulging out in spots like my last "high quality" jacket (rhymes with Olympia) :lol3

Another shout for Revzilla's service here too. There was a small defect on my waterproof liner when I got it, with one piece of seam tape that was not adhered (about 2" of stitching showing). An email, and three days later, I had a new liner.

My QUESTION FOR REV'IT is...where is the hydration loop on the shoulder??
    One of the reasons for getting this jacket was the ease of adding a bladder. Without the loop on the shoulder, it's not really gonna work. It's on the Revzilla video, but not on the jacket (nor can I see it in any pictures of the jackets). :ear
  7. lmychajluk

lmychajluk Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had the same question... evidently they don't add it anymore. When I went back to the Revzilla video again, I thought they added a caption to say this(? - Can't check youtube now from work), but there's no mention of it in the text of the description, it's still says 'hydra bag prepared', and they'll still sell you the $70 Rev'It version of the USWE hydration bladder that you can buy for 1/2 that price. (BTW, the 1.2L one works just fine instead of the .5L.)

FWIW, I did a ride this past weekend and used the hydration bladder along with a Moveo neck brace. Since they also neglected to add shoulder connections for the Moveo (see my posts and Rev'It's replies above), I used a bit of Velcro through the now unused tab on the brace to create a loop for the tube. Worked out OK for the hydration bladder. If you're not using a neck brace, there's a small (tiny) loop on the collar where the tags were hung that you may be able to use to hook the tube to (I was going to try using a paperclip before attaching it direct to the neck brace).
  8. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    I have no idea how I missed the giant "hydration loop no longer included" on the video. Seriously, I watched it at least 10 times! :huh

I will just toss on my camelbak anyway. With a back protector in, my jacket fits comfortably snug, and with a bladder, it's too snug. Maybe I should've gone up a size, but I love the way it fits now.

(on sizing for anyone looking, I'm 6ft 240lbs with wide shoulders and a bit of a belly. 2XL is nicely snug everywhere. I don't ride cold weather much, so I won't be layering. Dianese Leather jacket = 56eu 46us. Aerostich Transition Jacket = 48 short. Olympia AST = XL, but was big. Hope that helps someone :deal )
  9. ChildlikeWonder

ChildlikeWonder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You can put a small ziptie in the little loop that made it to the production jacket for the hydration bag hose.
  10. Wise Guy

Wise Guy Soitenly!

Oddometer:
    My palm circumference is 9", but most Rev'it size mediums are too long in the fingers. I tried on the Rev'it Striker glove in size medium however, and the fingers fit perfectly. I heard that the Striker model is more of a Euro fit, whereas many other Rev'it styles are more of an American fit.

Are there any other glove styles that share the same fit with the Striker?

I'm interested in the Dirt 2 gloves, but haven't found any locally to try on. Do you know if they fit more like the Striker (perfect for me), or more like the Sand Pro (too long for me)?

Thanks in advance.
  11. Wise Guy

Wise Guy Soitenly!

Oddometer:
    I think I just scored the last pair of size medium short Airwave pants on the planet! Being shipped from FC Moto in Germany to US now. Psyched to be getting these just in time for the hottest part of the riding season here in NH. :clap

Am I correct that these will not come shipped with any hip pads? Or do they come with the thin foam pads, that I would upgrade to the seesoft option?

Thanks.
  12. Hootowl

Hootowl Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been a fan of Revit fit & design for many years. From gloves & pants to one of the original Cayanne Jackets but a recent experience has caused me to question my belief that the gear would protect me in a get off
    I flew to California to buy a bike. When I got home the Airforce jacket that I used was dirty so in the wash it went (its first wash)
    Imagine my shock & disbelief when I lifted the jacket out of the washer and saw several seams failing. A seam on a sleeve had failed so bad I could put several fingers thru the hole.

It was then that I remembered seeing a tag on the inside of one of the pockets. I was shocked when the tag read "hand wash only". I thought hand washing only applied to woman's lingerie, not protective gear.
    How can a jacket that requires hand washing or else the seams fail protect me in a slide down the pavement??

Richard

[​IMG]
  13. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey Desertbilly, thanks for riding with us! And taking the time to comment. We always welcome product ideas, that's why we're here. We'll pass on your thoughts on the mesh/touring/3/4 length jacket. Products are created based on demand, so letting us know that's what you need is the first step.

Ride safe,
    REV'IT!
  14. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    It can't
  15. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey Fifthcircle and lmychajluk -- this is something we've requested more information on from Europe. Just wanted to let you know we're looking into it. Thanks for your patience!
  16. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey WiseGuy. Looks like you heard a rumor... the sizing of our gloves has nothing to do with American or European cuts but is just a function of styling. The Striker is slimmer just as a coincidence. The Neutron gloves share a similar fit -- but it is because they are a very similar style. We did an in-office "test" to determine whether the fit of the Dirt 2 was more similar to the Sand Pro or the Striker, and the result was unanimous: they're a Sand Pro style fit.

Hope that helps a little!

Ride Safe,
    REV'IT!
  17. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey Wise Guy. Congrats! Glad you scored a pair. They'll come bare in the hips, no foam pads. But assuming they're from the most recent manufacturing run, they'll be upgradable to the Seesoft option.
  18. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey Richard, very sorry to hear about the seams. The reason we recommend hand washing is because we could never possibly create a set of machine wash instructions that is foolproof. In GENERAL, the products can safely be washed in a modern, front-loading washing machine -- but machine models, internal parts, water temperatures, etc. all vary so greatly that hand washing is the best way to ensure we're not unnecessarily exposing the products to compromising factors. Fabric softener, for instance, should never be used with the products because they can affect the waterproofing on jackets. If we issued a set of instructions saying that the products could be washed in modern, front-loading machines but included the caveat that fabric softener can NEVER be used, we would still invariably get warranty returns every year from people who didn't read all the way through and added softener. It's not just that we don't want to process warranty returns -- it's that we don't want people to have to hassle with returning things. So we try to keep it as simple as possible.

We're not sure what happened with your jacket -- but it's definitely a rare case. If you want to send us a private message, we can look into possible repairs or other options. It's not guaranteed we can help, since the jacket was manufactured in 2006, but we're always glad to check!

Hope this helps.

Ride Safe,
    REV'IT!
  19. jbf

jbf ???????????????????!

Oddometer:
    I love what you guys (REV'IT) is doing with the city / street collections!

One thing though,

I really wish you guys had some more options for summer urban looking jackets, that still provided enough protection for highway get off.

The ignition 2 jacket is nice, as are the tornado and airwave, but these are still very technical looking riding jackets.

Not to mention the cut from most of those jackets (with maybe the exception of the ignition) is quite boxy compared to older rev'it gear I tried. It just does not work for tall skinny folks like me.

Always looks boxy and frumpy.

The new leather jackets (urban / city collection) definitely has a much better fitting silhouette I have to say and am very happy with those options. Just wish you guys would expand it out more for summer riding jackets.
  20. REV'IT!

Oddometer:
    Hey JBF! Thanks for the feedback... We are looking at some perforated leather options for next summer. Hopefully we'll have some updates for you soon!