Hampton Roads Chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by roger123, Dec 25, 2008.

1. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    Anyone indoors...Striking Vikings story is on NatGeo, two wheels through terror
  2. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    You mean Locked Up Abroad the guy kidnapped in Columbia. He has Smugmug.
  3. screamin injin

screamin injin FUBAR

Oddometer:
    I saw that too. I think the link was wrong on the race site. We went to a meeting last month, but I think they have a waiting list now. The good thing is, everybody in your house becomes a member, so the kids can go too. They have two different properties to ride on.
  4. mpowers

mpowers Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Always exciting to start a new chapter in life! Enjoy the ride!
  5. HeadShrinker

HeadShrinker Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Kip, good to see you out on the highway. I was making my way up to DC for a couple weeks of training.

Traffic wasn't too bad up coming up, however the GSA can split lanes if she wants to.
  6. biker128pedal

biker128pedal Super Lurker

Oddometer:
    :eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1
    [​IMG]
    I got a chance to watch the pros in LA.
  7. UpST8

UpST8 turnin gas to noise

Oddometer:
    I love his tale, best part is when he tells the FBI...I am not going home I am going to finish my trip! :D love the book too
  8. nuggets

nuggets It's all my fault...

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info. How far away are the riding locations, and what sort of dues? Do they have singletrack? :ear

DLJocky - Thanks for the correct link.
  9. B.E. Coyote

B.E. Coyote (Super-Genius)

Oddometer:

Dues were reasonable, I think one riding area was in Surry, the other was around Gloucester.
  10. BlakKrauStudios

BlakKrauStudios I'm cool... right?

Oddometer:
    I had a Kilimanjaro Black/Gray jacket stolen off my bike a few years ago. Always wondered if it would turn up.

Special thanks going out to the City of Hampton PD for not doing a GOD DAMN thing when I reported over $1,000 of theft/credit card fraud after that incident. :bluduh

Hey... credit card company says they made a $700+ charge at Lowe's in Hampton at this time... MAYBE check the fuggin' security cameras to catch the sumbitch? Oh... and look... they used that card AGAIN at WalMart in Hampton at this time. BOTH establishments have PLENTY of security cameras. MAYBE do a little fuggin' investigating? MAYBE catch the person who's preying on vehicles parked in the Sentara parking lot over, and over, and OVER again?

Nope... we'll just never return Mike's phone calls and act like we truly don't give a shit. :cry

Yes... I'm still bitter.
  11. nuggets

Oddometer:

Thanks a ton for the info guys.

Singletrack :tb
  12. Baloo

Baloo Itinerant jackass Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cover the waterfront in Norfolk Virginia.
    How was fishing Brian? We slowed down and Looked all around for ya!
  13. Baloo

Oddometer:
    when will you be in the Valley again Nuggets?
  14. Dash2

Dash2 Always Learning

Oddometer:
    same thing happened to my sister last december. stolen card, spent all of her money for christmas on dvd players and tvs at walmart, amazing nothing was caught on security cameras. we all know who the crack head on the other side of the family is though. no investigation of any kind. practically had to beg the police to file a report when my identity was stolen so i could file it with the miami pd. had 8 cell phones in my name from 1 sprint store in miami, after years of getting all that straight, an apartment in my name in boston showed up. i almost went to do an eviction with the 12 gage. so had to do it all over again. with stolen identity being a multi billion dollar crime every year one would think thered be more that can be done. i feel your frustration.
  15. B.E. Coyote

Oddometer:

Just an awesome day, blue sky and and nice breeze. My Dad drove down from Pittsburgh so all 3 of us got out on Skidmore in the kayaks. Had a Bald Eagle hanging around most of the day. The boy did a great job for only being 8. Perfect even though we didn't catch anything.

We were there from around 8:30 to 12:30, heard bikes going through quite often.

Had lunch at Fox's in Brandywine then up to the range. Brought a bunch of steel plate targets including some zombies and had a field day with .22 pistols and rifles.

Cook out and a campfire and a case of Yuengling. Oldman and young man turned in early and I got to have some quiet time with a few cold ones and some good tunes.
  16. BlakKrauStudios

BlakKrauStudios I'm cool... right?

Oddometer:
    Yeah... sorry. Reading back, it kind of sounded like I was acusing you of something. I apologize. The Kili jacket just brought up old memories.

As far as leaving gear on the bike... well... I don't believe that constitues a "free take" by any means. I know many people who do this. Did I learn a lesson? Certainly. And it'll never happen again. However, unless the shit had THEIR name on it, I don't believe I was asking them to take it. :deal

After it happened, I found out that the area, and the vehicles, were very prone to theft. It was pretty evident that people were watching the parking lot, would wait for people to leave their vehicles, grab what they could, and left. They took my jacket, pants, backpack (with boots, wallet, keys, etc. inside), but never bothered with my brand new Arai XD. :huh

There was a small part of me that wanted to "camp out" near the building. Park the bike again with something on it, leave it, then hide out somewhere with my telephoto lens, and a crowbar.

"I'm sorry officer... I slipped and fell, and my crowbar must have slipped out of my hands... 27 times."

Pardon me for being crass, but excusing theft by leaving belongings unattended is right up there with excusing rape because someone is dressing sexy. :eek1
  17. Baloo

Oddometer:
    Saw jeff Munn in Franklin. He said Fox's was the place for great subs.. try there next time
    I gave up after I almost ran off the edge lookin.
  18. B.E. Coyote

Oddometer:
    Yep, the one in Brandywine is very good. The one in Franklin, not so much.
  19. Baloo

Oddometer:
    Duly noted:mully
  20. nuggets

Oddometer:
    Thursday evening through Sunday evening. With The Stone and his dad.

Our mission: find dirt. :evil

Brian, thanks a ton for the parking.

We will pack out the trash.