Walcha Accomodation

Discussion in 'Australia' started by breil, Dec 18, 2012.

1. breil

breil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I am planning a ride down Walcha Nsw over the xmas break is there a good hotel with bike parking in town
  2. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:
    Can`t remember the name of it, but the pub in the middle of town - near the roundabout? - is good. Parking in a lockup garage out the back and rooms upstairs, with a bit of a kitchen. Good feed from the bar as well.
  3. Crustyvarmint

Crustyvarmint Back road wanderer

Oddometer:
    I stayed with a group at the Apsley Arms Hotel a few years ago and we were well pleased. It might be the same one David mentioned as we stayed upstairs and had secure bike parking.
  4. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:
    Just Googled the Aspley Arms and the pic that came up looks familiar, so I reckon that`s it.
  5. llewdaert

llewdaert Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Apsley Hotel is great!!!

6. breil

breil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys I think I will stay there
  7. TUX

TUX Geek on two wheels

Oddometer:
    stayed there a couple a weeks ago. The local camp ground has brand new cabins which are very nice. About $65 a night from memory and fairly secure.
  8. DustyWheels

DustyWheels Nomadic motorcyle traveller

Oddometer:
    how far from the camp ground to the pub :freaky:freaky
  9. TUX

TUX Geek on two wheels

Oddometer:
    after spending the day horribly lost in the Barrington.....too far to stumble thats for sure....
  10. B1

B1 Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer:
    stayed at the new england hotel here. two months back. secure parking out the back, chinese restaurant downstairs. he quoted $35 by phone but charged $30 when i rocked up there.
  11. gsd4me

gsd4me 90% bluff

Oddometer:
    Hang on.....maybe it was the New England we stayed at. Anyway, wherever you choose to stay they both get good raps, so you can't go wrong.
  12. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    We stayed at the Motel right in the middle of town for the TK ride, and previously on a road ride (Oxley :D). Cheapish and clean, and the owner has a KLR650 so he's happy to chew your ear off about your bikes. The Chinese at the Pub opposite the servo is good for a feed too.
  13. vudu

vudu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 The Apsley. Lock up out the back and help yourself breakfast from the Kitchen upstairs. Good for an early start. 6 of us stayed the in early December during the hot weather.
    Beer was cold and the Rib eye steak and sticky date pud is most excellent.:freaky
  14. GSnovice

GSnovice Beer me up, Scotty!

Oddometer:
    We stayed at the Commercial Hotel in Walcha www.commercialhotelwalcha.com.au in November last year.
    Newly renovated, great dining room, clean facilities, bike lock up, good beers on tap. Might have been about $80 for a double room, including continental breakfast. Bloke who runs it was good to chat with, but his missus must have been having an off night! It's off the Oxley, a bit west of the roundabout in the middle of town.
  15. breil

breil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We ended up staying there on the 27th cold beverages good food friendly service and a lock up garage. The rooms and showers look recently renovated ,we had a great night
  16. robcig

robcig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone stayed at the Commercial lately? Stayed at the Royal Walcha Cafe last year which was excellent however fully booked on the only weekend in the whole year when we're available.