Nfl 2013

Discussion in 'Sports' started by shrineclown, Feb 6, 2013.

1. shrineclown

shrineclown Board Butcher, Fastener Haberdasher

Oddometer:
    No worries...he will get what he needs off the waiver wire from cast-offs and get them a ring.

So was the rental car with the dead guy? or did Hernandez turn it in? All week they have been reporting that the car was with the dead guy. Now the DA says they found the shell when Hernandez turned the car in. If you are going to kill someone....you leave them less than a 1/4 mile away from your house? What kind of punk is he? Get the hi/lo car out and do a drive by...they never figure those out.
  2. wannaklr

wannaklr Long timer

Oddometer:
    And use a revolver. No shells left in the car.
  3. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    The devil was probably demanding fresh blood in his contract renewal with the Patriots. Hernandez was just taking one for the team. That is why he got the $12.5MM signing bonus.
  4. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Did you miss that part where the Patriots released him within about an hour of his arrest? Without knowing why, exactly.

He only got $9M of that. I imagine the lawyers will figure out how to get the rest for themselves before all is said and done.

Unless they have an eyewitness....tough case to prove without the smoking gun. If it went down as the DA suggested, that is just too stupid. Forget everything else, he is too dumb to waste air on if that is true. Yeah, I whacked him because he was talking to someone I don't like..... That is even dumber than shooting your dick when your gun slips from the waistband in your sweat pants. :deal Who would have thought that could be topped?
  5. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Every pundit has said that the Patriots are the slowest team in the NFL. Bullshit. Look at how fast the Patriots can run away from their former teammate. Too bad they can't put that on the field.

Have you seen the other cases the police are still investigating him for?!? If those prove to be true, Aaron Hernandez is in the running with Rae Carruth for 'Worst Person to Ever Play in the NFL'. That is ESPY-caliber shit right there.

Do you get that? You had maybe the worst human to ever play football on your team.

On the positive side, Tebow isn't a distraction any longer.
  6. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    Uh yeah, with two days more of information, I think everyone is getting that. However, zealous speculation is not yet a conviction. It is all still circumstantial evidence that those high priced lawyers of his will cruise through like a mud puddle is to a yacht. With multiple what if's to explain away the reported evidence so far. If they get a credible witness or the weapon, it is over for Hernandez. No doubt he is going to jail for the guns at the very least. And who knows, they may have the evidence and are not releasing it. I wouldn't give the defense any more time to prepare than I needed to either; if possible.

Regardless of your ill will towards the Patriots, Bob Kraft is a good guy and does care about a lot more than just football only. He is certainly mortified by this (even though he can not at this time publicly state that, just in case Hernandez does escape this somehow; he can't have actionable words out there.) and why they released him immediately without comment. That is good business even if you are a Priest, you cannot cover for a capital crime.

Are you seriously suggesting the Patriots should stand behind Hernandez until this plays out? They should not have rapidly distanced themselves from that activity? This is not a he said, she said, sexcapade. Some poor kid, or multiple kids as is being now suggested, are dead. Whether he did it or not, he is guilty by passive or active association with the crime and should be off the team. I can think of a couple of other teams who did not feel that way in similar situations.

When your avowed team can make the wild card round, I might take you seriously about proper management of an NFL team. Apparently, by your assessment, we don't need speed to make the conference championship almost perennially.
  7. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    You're a little touchy about this.

Are you more upset I am talking about this or realizing that your organization knew he was a piece of crap for some time but kept him around? I think the quotes by Welker and Light (who now aren't controlled by the team) are pretty clear that they knew something was up.

I think it is clear that the team has a tough time adopting the high moral code shown by the owner.

Also, nice attempt to distract with the Raider baiting.
  8. rbrsddn

rbrsddn 3banger

Oddometer:
    The Pats take a chance on talented players with behavioral problems, like every other team, hoping the player will conform to team rules and guidelines. Who could foresee that a the player would be as messed up in the head as Hernandez? And hide it so well? Bottom line, the Pats are trying to win football games, like every other team. The Pats aren't the first team to draft a player who turned out bad.
  9. shrineclown

Oddometer:

Have you seen this asshat in court? He looks like he is the coolest guy at the beach just checking out girls; without a care in the world. I would not get a clue he even thought he was in any trouble without the audio. Most people are nervous in traffic court. The kid is a true psychopath...but of course I am sure he would not have possibly fooled you, or that stellar management team in Oakland. And geez, there has never been another teammate in the history of sports the other players did not like and shunned. Although I will have to admit, I cannot recall any of them going out and killing folks. That is usually the team leaders..............the face of the NFL.

I hardly doubt they had any reason to believe that Aaron Hernandez was a potential serial killer, until the same time we did.
  10. TheVikingRider

TheVikingRider mudonmymind

Oddometer:
    A pic from his college days

[​IMG]
  11. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    Billicheat has some secret video tapes that shows it wasn't Hernandez
    Just Fast forward over the rams walk through
  12. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    LOL---now the cops have ID'ed his uncle's silver SUV used as the drive-by vehicle in the double slaying.... I don't think that tape is going to help much. All the marbles are seemingly falling short for this kid now.
  13. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    How about the recent news that the Bengals (yeah, the Bengals) passed on him in the draft because of character issues?

The whole thing is weird.

Btw, the Raiders only have 4 more player arrests since 2000 than the Patriots.

[​IMG]

The commonly held belief that the Raiders are the league leaders for players getting in trouble isn't true.
  14. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    With trigger discipline like that, he probably shot the guy accidentally. Three times.
  15. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    I can't help but think he fired the gun the first time he tried to take the pic. The mirror being reversed and all.
  16. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    The Vikings don't count, that was one little boat ride.
  17. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    I am not sure anything about the Vikings has counted since the 70s.
  18. shrineclown

Oddometer:
    I am surprised at how far up the list the Bronco's are. Denver that tough a town?
  19. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    Likewise I thought the Cowboys would be higher up.
  20. koncha

koncha .

Oddometer:
    Just shows how much the 80s and 90s continue to define some teams' reputations.

No secret that I am a Raiders and Colts fan. I was shocked the Colts were higher than the Raiders.