RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Curvesurfer

Curvesurfer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    thanks for the orientation! a Google search of the Devil and Lab suggest they more to my liking than the current models...looks like i waited too long to buy!
  2. BoochZilla

BoochZilla Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer:
    Hey Curve,

We should have a Lab or two left. We bought a ton of them before they went completely out of stock.

REVIT Lab Jacket

All of our Inventory is updated daily in-real time. We do not take back-orders, so 99% of the time, if you can put your size and color in the cart, it can ship within 24 hours.

I personally have a lab. The snug fit is the best part.

Anthony

3. Ballbearing

Ballbearing Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Where does the Sirocco fit in?

Also, how long is the jacket overall top to bottom? It appears to be quite a bit longer than the Cayenne and I remember reading that it is sometimes too long for certain individuals. I currently wear a Joe Rocket ballistic and the length seems about right on that jacket.
  4. HowlingMad

HowlingMad drags knuckles

Oddometer:
    My wife loves her Air jacket. We could never find one that actually fit her since most coats really don't seem made for women, but this one's perfect.

She did a writeup here if anyone's interested.

Revzilla are great people to deal with BTW. :wave
  5. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    EDIT: Relocated this original post to the middle of the thread to adjust first post.

Hey Everyone,

Recently at RevZilla we got a hold of some of the 2009 REV'IT! lineup that we wanted to share as we got them. I have seen the '09 gear more than once and we are excited about it from a functional and application standpoint.

The few holes in the lineup in 2008 were filled in with some nice additions for 2009. We will also be carrying the whole 2009 line in our Philadelphia store.

We have a Flickr account located here where we post the highest RES shots and will be releasing them as we have them available.

We are hoping to use this thread to orient the riding community on any questions regarding the new or current REV'IT! lineup as well as feature new products.

That being said -

We have been asked a ton lately for shots of the hot weather Turbine Pants Mesh Pants so we thought it best to start with those.

2/27/09 EDIT: The final production version ended up with PRO-LIFE (CE Level 2) instead of SAS-TEC. We just found out. Sorry for the confusion.

Featuring Super Fabric, Pro Life (CE Level 2) Armor and a 3 layer waterproof / windproof detachable membrane. Think Cayenne Pro Pants with Mesh composite and air conditioning cranked to 10. These are the most bombproof ventilated pants we've seen.

Turbine Front
    [​IMG]

Turbine Front Open - 2 Removable Layers
    [​IMG]

Leg Front Closed

[​IMG]
    Leg Front Open Cuff

[​IMG]

Turbine Back Full

[​IMG]

The Turbine is slated to come in a black Style as well as ladies version.

The Full Flickr Set is here

I am more than happy to answer any questions. Looking forward to getting my hands on my pair this spring. We are taking pre-orders.

Anthony
  6. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi BB,

The REV'IT! Sirocco is the All-Weather 4-season option which also provides maximum ventilation by using mesh panels for extreme hot weather riding. It will not do temperatures as low as the Cayenne Pro, but it allows for dramatically better airflow. Many folks in the Southwest love this Jacket. It was WebBikeWorld 2008 Product of the Year.

You are correct. The REVIT Sirocco is longer than the Cayenne Pro. The CP is meant to fit at the waist and the Sirocco is meant to come past the hip.

I wear an XL and am about 5'10". It hits me right at the mid thigh lengthwise.

The LG is a 28" length (shoulder to bottom of coat), the XL a 29", the XXL is 30" respectively.

Not sure the length on the Joe Rocket for comparison, but let me know any other questions you have. Also I am hoping based on my measurements and height comparison you can get a gauge on where it will sit lengthwise.

How tall are you?

Anthony

7. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    FYI -

[​IMG]

The REVIT Airvolution Glove has finally come into stock and is now shipping.

See more pics on our Airvolution Flickr set

Full perf'ed Leather sport summer glove, there is lots of reinforced leather in the important areas as well as carbon fiber on the knuckles as well as on some of the fingers. I might be replacing my Monster Gloves with these

Any and all questions welcome.

Anthony
  8. Ballbearing

Ballbearing Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm 5'9", 175 pounds, and 40/41 inch chest. I normally wear medium gear. I don't know where you measured, but measuring near the collar and then straight down on my current jacket I get about 28" or 29", so it sounds similar. The Rocket hits me about mid hip though.

I live in Southern Indiana and it gets hot and humid here. That, along with the length, is why I was considering the Scirroco. It does get cold and wet here though in the winters, which may be a problem. If I layer, and/or add a heated liner, underneath what kind of low temperature comfort do you think I can expect?

I am assuming that the Cayenne Pro is the most versatile all around jacket in the lineup.
  9. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey BB,

You will be a large.

The thermo liner in the REV'IT! Sirocco Jacket will take you down to about the high 30's just wearing normal layers under the coat. With a heated vest / layers on you should be able to take it down much further. It is wind proof with the liner(s) in.

While the REV'IT Cayenne Pro Jacket goes lower in temp out of the gates, from a heat perspective the Sirocco will absolutely perform better.

Based on what you have mentioned so far, I would steer you into the Sirocco unless you were dead set against the mid hip length.

Feel free to shoot me a line or give us a ring to chat as you get closer to making your decision.

Thanks,

Anthony

10. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Took some shots of a Light Grey Cayenne Pro Jacket and new for '09, Light Grey Cayenne Pro Pants in the studio today for another post in "gear". Didn't want them to be missed by our following in "Vendors"

Pictures Located Here: RevZilla's Flickr Gallery.

This is Marcus. He's a full time guy with us and a good sport!

[​IMG]
  11. obsidian

obsidian Scared of the dark..

Oddometer:
    UGH, Sometimes being in the middle of the South Pacific sucks. I wanna go to Philly now....
  12. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Wanna trade? Its 45 and rainy here at the moment.

We can swap for a bit if you like. I'll do the South Pacific and come back with a sweet Sailor Jerry-esque tattoo... :devildog

13. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    We just got in the 2009 Comet Gloves, this is the replacement for the old REV'IT R59 Glove. Most sizes are in stock now with more coming in three weeks or so.

[​IMG]

It is a lightweight glove intended for touring, dual sport or off road use. Plenty of ventilation for summer riding, these things are comfortable!

See more pics on our Comet Flickr Set
  14. obsidian

obsidian Scared of the dark..

Oddometer:
    Nah on second thought, stuff that. Its still warm here. :D Store looks mighty impressive, nice work.
  15. jruh

jruh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anthony,

I'm very happy with my new Cayenne Pro gear. I have worn the jacket only twice to commute to work and back but have not yet worn the pants, only tried them on. I really like the dark green colour but still wondering if I should have gone with the light grey pants just to get away from the matching suit look.
    This stuff is really comfortable and the quality is obvious as soon as I tried it on.
    The SAS-Tec back protector is something I would advise to anyone considering it. I hope to never find out first hand, but it seems it will do lots to protect my spine.
    You guys are great to deal with, shipping was quick too. You'll certainly have more of my business in future.

Thanks, John
  16. ovenking

ovenking Unfloppable

Oddometer:
    Hi Anthony,

I need to get myself kitted out within a budget and was looking at the Dragon jacket as an ideal combo of price and features, a jacket I can wear year-round. I'm just starting out in riding (a real n00b) and will probably do more commuting and daytripping initially, and getting into longer touring with experience.

Looking at Rev'It sizing charts I'm still a bit unclear and want to confirm what size I should be looking at. As un hombre I'm height-challenged at 5'6", with a chest size of 40". I can fit into 38-39" suit jackets, but obviously with a moto jacket I'd like to be able to layer some fleece under if necessary. Is the medium going to be a good fit despite the fact I'm just above the chest size recommendation? And how's the length on that for someone my height?

As for pants I was thinking about the Zip as a do-it-all pant for commuting and daytripping. How has the feedback been for it? I haven't found too much about it except for the one review on your site. Sizing wise, I'm about a 30" x 29", but the 30" is based on wearing them right on or just below my hips. Is that how I would also wear moto pants or should they be pulled higher? Anyway, which size should I be looking at?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
  17. sjc56

sjc56 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm still on the fence on buying a Dragon jacket to replace my 10 year old and still functioning Kilimanjaro jacket. I still am hung up about the waterproof liner. Lest say its warm, I'm riding with the liner out it starts raining, I pull over zip in the liner and ride off happy knowing I will be dry. Well after a couple of hours, the rain stops, sun comes out, man this jacket is toasty so you pull over take out the liner and put I on a soggy jacket, which if is hot enough may keep you cool, which would be a plus or your now I'm cold from the rain soaked outer jacket. I could be wrong but I have been out on days like this. Just a thought.
  18. GS N RVN

GS N RVN Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks to Patrick, I own a great fitting Cayenne Pro. This jacket is simply awesome. It is worth the extra bucks. Turbine pants are next purchase.
  19. jruh

jruh Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a question about my new cayenne pro jacket. There is a feedthru hole for a camelback or other such drinking tube but what type of bladder would fit inside the jacket and where?

Thanks, John
  20. BoochZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi John,

Thanks for tipping your hat to our service. We appreciate it. Also thanks for the patience on your camel-back question. I got married Friday night and have been out of the loop most of the weekend.

The old REVIT Cayenne had an integrated pocket for the bladder, but it was deleted from the REVIT Cayenne Pro design due to a widespread lack of use.

The Cayenne Pro is meant to be used with smaller backpack style Camelbacks worn under the coat, not the integrated bladder kind. We are partial to the Camelback HydroBack in-house.

Let me know what else I could offer you, John.

Anthony