"The Oasis of my Soul", 9th year on the road...

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by BeemerChef, Nov 27, 2006.

1. BeemerChef

BeemerChef Wandering Homeless

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

20th Century technology... Hughes Technology... I guess the man that dreamed of the largest plane ever build has left an imprint which has made its way even into my life...

Today is the first time using my own Dish... set up by my own hands... and grey matter... I know all of you must have one hanging somewhere on your roof... I did not! It is fast!... and used at less busy hours... when the world is asleep around me, as I heard the expression... it is smoking!

A different route took me backtracking to Gila Bend, AZ... Wednesday it is back to again more desolate areas... this time... totally self contained.

Enjoy the comments... and be well...

Ara & Spirit

[​IMG]
  2. RiverRat

RiverRat Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap Keep it up BeemerChef. I feel like I'm riding with you even if It's just via Internet.

Your dish
    :tb:tb:tb

How do you store it in your rig? I have a popup too and want to get one but not sure how much space it takes up in the camper. Is it about $80 a month? How long does it take to go from stowed to online?
  3. Juice Box

Juice Box Got Ink?

Oddometer:
    The gas may be $3.29 but do you see those blue skys?

4. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Hi Juice... yes... can you believe that since october 25th personally I have had only 5 days of rain!!!... and it hit 95 here today!...
    River Rat... I am sending you a pm regarding the dish...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  5. Motor31

Motor31 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ara,

You ought to take a picture of the dish and let them see what you are talking about.

:clap
  6. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Hi Motor 31... the pictures and text are in the Blog... which was posted this am... see below.
    Let me know what you think... I am generally up at 3am... I keep strange hours and I could hardly keep up with its speed!
    Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  7. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

It seems always to be a long day with the early sunsets, specially when we are trying to get to a destination to set up for a few days.
    It did not happen today... lunch with a friend that drove all the way from Phoenix... meeting a French couple that wants a sidecar... and what are the chances for both low beams to go out at the same time?... I’ll take it!!!

We are setting camp tomorrow near by Joshua Tree to explore it for a few days...
    There was no sense looking for BLM land in the dark tonight!

Some of our day!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

[​IMG]
  8. Boojum

Boojum I Miss the PartyBoss

Oddometer:
    Hey Ara & Spirit!!!! :wave

Greetings from the Southern Boys, here in the Southeast! :freaky
    Have Fun in Joshua Tree!

Boojum!
  9. NoMystery

NoMystery Jesse's Girl

Oddometer:
    Location Location: between Atlanta & the mountains
    And the Southern Girl! :wave

Ara!... what an adventure! :clap
  10. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Hi Boojum... Hi Mystery... OK... Meathead... you too buddy!!!
    [​IMG]

I have been feeling like in another Planet (with capital “P”) since we have arrived here yesterday.
    With my good luck this is an awesome campground, the most remote one as I found out today.
    Isolation... total silence... Joshua Trees and many rocks... as you will see in the Blog.

Be well... enjoy...

Ara and Spirit (Uralgrowl)

[​IMG]
  11. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Today was a great day, peaceful and joyful. I have been receiving quite a few e mails from readers that have been enjoying the Journey, and as I was deep in thoughts about my days here, timing could not have been any better receiving an e mail from a good friend of mine, a kind man, and at the same time, quite a sidecar fabricator, Claude Stanley. His words are words to be read everyday as, his own purpose in life is to also spread joy and happiness amongst us... that is just the way he is!
    I want to share this e mail with you all... I know it will make you think about your own life, regardless where you are and regardless what you are doing.
    We then took a ride through the Park, a bit of blue skies today... it is all in the Blog...
    Sit back and enjoy... and just think how fortunate I am to have a friend like Claude!
    Be well...

Ara and Spirit

[​IMG]
  12. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Ah! A lesson learned... a few maybe... we literally spend the whole day from here to there without
    the conclusion that should have materialized... Poor Spirit, quietly put up with it... I was disappointed of the outcome... you can read this great day on the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

[​IMG]
  13. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Retreat has become a habit these past couple of days!... What was I thinking trying to camp at the Hole in the Wall in the Mojave Desert without checking the forecast first!
    Mid 20's at night, wind blowing at 40mph, hail... and I should really change the spelling of that word...
    We are now south of Lake Havasu City... nice BLM land... there is something to be said about BLM land! We did the full circle... in pictures on the Blog.

Be well...

Ara & Spirit

[​IMG]
  14. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

A Day in Town...

That is Lake Havasu City... nice town... Dogie Bakery... motorcycle shops... drivers are not crazy as other parts of the country... all and all... pretty mellow I have to say!
    The Fireworks Convention starts tonight... the best of the best for two nights!
    My friend Jkam is coming to visit for a couple days... he was very instrumental in my preparations for this Journey. We have never met... quite some exciting times ahead.
    Yesterday is gone... but still remains in the Blog...

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  15. Flying Gringo 101

Flying Gringo 101 custodia flammae

Oddometer:
    Outstanding photos! This one should be front page! Truly great stuff and thanks for bringing us along!

:thumb
  16. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Thanks GSAdventura... cool mixing of names for the handle by the way...
    JKam is here... you know I am still on the tent list... the only mobilone I think!
    We are having a great time... good food + Fireworks Convention 11 miles from here... great show... come and join us!

Be well...

Ara & Spirit
  17. Vance

Vance On my meds...

Oddometer:
    Popcorn smiley. :-)
  18. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    Hey Vance... WE say HI!!!...

You could have been part of the first "Homeless Rally"... but you are not!:cry

Be well... from the three of us...

JKam + Ara + Spirit
  19. BeemerChef

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    A Homeless gathering...

It has been a great time having JKam over, we are small numbers but... we did call it a Homeless Riders Get Together!... Wondering how many more are out there with no ties to any walls and their live’s possession’s at hand! JKam is on a Journey as I am, with a deeper Soul than most, the contrast of being unattached to material possessions makes us dig in deeper into the true essence of life.
    We have been lounging around for a couple days now!... Spirit has a new friend, we have shared some great food and many conversations...
    Sunrises and Sunsets have been our clock, some great Fireworks seen happening in town... as I have written and pasted the pictures of these couple days in the Blog!

You be well...

Ara & Spirit

[​IMG]
  20. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    A hot dog stand Ara!? There used to be a guy with a stand across from my office. He went by the name Mutt and I would eat lunch there too many times per week. I did like his hot dogs and he had the best toppings. My favorite was the onions cooked in tomato paste and other things. Yum. But the real reason I used to have lunch there was because of Mutt. He had a JKam way of looking at things and always had an interesting comment for the day. Mutt liked owning the hot dog stand because it was low stress and he didn't have to worry about employees. He's moved his stand so I don't get to see him now. That's the way things go. I hadn't thought of him in a while - so thanks for reminding me of him Ara.