2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Anders Green

Anders Green NASA Rally Sport

Oddometer:
    "So, do the local people like you to show up and race around down there?"
    "Well, the mayor made an after-dark gas run for me, so, yeah, I think they like us." :clap:clap

Alternatively:
    "Oh, you ran out of gas? Let me call the mayor."
    "Real funny, jerk."
    "No, really, the mayor is on his way with gas."
    ":huh:eek1"

:D

Anders
  2. mothra

mothra Rally Driver

Oddometer:
    Jack that was Dan. "Icecold dan" on ADV and one of the Cape Fear area riders and a volunteer HAM at Sandblast. He had a great time telling the story of helping you at the after party.
  3. GREWUPIN_D11

GREWUPIN_D11 GREWUPIN_D11

Oddometer:
    #155 F800GS. Many thanks!
  4. fig650

fig650 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Bike#143 husaberg fe650

Thanks in advance
  5. photomd

photomd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here's some more. :D\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I should add that y'all are welcome to use these for personal use: avatars, right click and download a copy, etc. If you want to publish these, please contact me and we can work something out. I apologize to those I didn't photograph. Thanks again for coming down. We enjoyed watching y'all. :1drink
  6. Anders Green

Oddometer:
    From http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/press-release?ID=525

7. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    I never got a chance to get my daughter and myself event t-shirts. Does anyone know how I can get them now (the ones with the bike on them).
  8. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd like to get one also,,,, I was told on Friday when I picked up my numbers they were only for volunteers.. :huh Then I figured in the past all the shirts and stuff were available at the after party. They werent this year.
  9. stinkweed

stinkweed Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. Hypermofo

Hypermofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Ara - it's Rodney (KTM530 #154) - glad to hear you made it home well and i can't believe you had a broken ankle:eek1 Between that and how you were hustling that bike through the sand you qualify as moto-animal in my book.

Jena - it was nice to meet you and glad you are doing well too

It was great meeting so many others from here and elsewhere - too bad I can't remember many names - between being focused on my first rally and totally confused by my time card my brain didn't seem to retain much :D

Does any one know if Logan (#150 honda 250x) is on ADV? We chased each other most stages with some bar to bar racing thrown in that was an absolute blast and has me looking at the SETRA/SORCS enduro schedule :evil I also really appreciate him making sure me and a bunch of others didn't get lost on the transit!!

What a great weekend, race, and riders - couldn't have been a better way to start the riding season!

Rodney
  11. K_N_Fodder

K_N_Fodder Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gah... been snooping around this event for a few years. Moved north in 2011 and I'd kill to have something like this in the PNW. Please tell me I just haven't found it yet??

Edit - Wow great shots from the photogs... love the panning stuff.
  12. Hypermofo

Hypermofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Matt - thanks for volunteering and covering scrutineering. Not sure if you remember me, but i was the guy with the unexpected brake light issue on the KTM530. if you recall I had the collapsible safety triangle with the "kick stand" to hold it up. It worked out well for me and fit easily in my small "tool tube"... i'll post up some pics for other's consideration...
  13. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Rodney. That was an awesome rally....it was my first and I am hooked and can't wait for the next one. The F8 did a great job getting me through some of the deep sand. My ankle has some hardware in it now, but I am working out on my rowing machine (with my right leg hanging to the side) like a mad man, and do hours of leg lifts on the injured leg to make sure I am still in shape once the cast comes off. It was great riding with you and Logan most of the day untill a few miles into stage 6 where I finally had to call it quits from the ankle pain. I beleive the break was during stage 3 when I fell in the deep sand and the peg dug into my ankle, but during stage 6 the pain intensified after my foot caught a rut. I don't think Logan is the forum, but I will pm you his email.
    Ara
  14. Anders Green

Oddometer:
    FYI: Any racer can get in touch with any other racer through your NRS user account. Go to History, then the events, then "who was there", and then you can send a blind email (one way, no email addresses revealed) to them.

Cheers,
    Anders
  15. Icecold Dan

Icecold Dan Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hey Jack, glad you had a good rally. I'm Dan, the guy on the Super Tenere. You were pretty close with "Drew" though. I was hoping to catch up with you again at Oslo's but I got there very late. You're directions for the gas can were spot on but I never could find those tie downs you mentioned...that's when the good mayor came into the picture.

Anyway, it was good to meet you. I had a great time at the rally and it wasn't until just now that I realized I was helping out a hometown guy. I was born in and spent most of my life in Long Branch. Glad I was able to help.

Dan
  16. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    Atlantic Rally Cup Regulations

8.8 Cup Points Inquiry Period
    Inquiries concerning points standings must be received by ARC Promotor within sixteen days of the points for that event being posted online or they will not be considered. This rule in no way effects the times and procedures of event result finality: it only is related to Cup points. This rule does not modify the abilities of the ARC promoter laid out in Section 4. Inquiries must be filed using the official Championship Inquiry Form available online.

Here's the link to the form if you need it...:evil
    http://www.nasarallysport.com/rules-forms/Points-Inquiry-Form.doc
  17. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Dan, Good to hear you found your way back to town after McBee! Sounds like you had a pretty good adventure after working stage finish with us!

Trixie says "woof"
    [​IMG]
  18. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:

Dan: Thanks again for your and the Mayors help. Also Thanks to David Jansen.:clap:clap:clap

Sorry I missed you at Oslo's, I was really tired and cold, it was getting late and there was no word on when the scores and trophys would be presented, so I went back to the motel.

If you back in your home town area and want to ride let me know.

The mayor was a really nice and helpful guy, he mentioned how much the Rally helps the community and wish they had more like it.

Andres: How about a Fall Sand Blast? :D

Jack
  19. Anders Green

Oddometer:
    Awesome idea, I'd love to ride in the fall Sandblast that you're organizing! :ricky

:lol3:lol3:lol3

Anders
  20. stinkweed

stinkweed Adventurer

Oddometer:
    keithsc, just curious what stage finishes you all worked, i worked campbell lake start, campbell lake reverse finish and cj's looop finish.

dan, nice meeting you at the volunteer meeting, we talked about that beautiful tenere' and your ride in from wilmington