Rekluse EXP

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by CrazyLegs, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Steveman

Steveman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    dont worry, at least I knew that (after watching the installation vids). thanks anyway!
  2. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
    Rekulse recommends checking the free gain before every ride. Impossible to do with out the clutch lever. If it is not set right it can cause excessive slipping that you may not be able to feel ( i.e. excessive wear on the plates)
  3. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So, is the EXP out and for sale yet??

If not, any work on ETA?
  4. cjracer

cjracer AWD please!!

Oddometer:
    Yes,
    Pre-orders have shipped from Rekluse and I should have mine Early this week. Shipping out as soon as I get them. I have a second batch coming in soon after the first to fill later requests. Product combo offers are still available on instock items if interested.
  5. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
  6. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So, I've had Rekluse's in all my smaller dirt bikes, so I'm a Rekluse type of guy.

But, in 2 weeks I have a week long trip to the Hill Country coming up.

Sure would like a Rekluse in my 07 990.

But, with the EXP being new tech and all, would you put one in your 990 right before a major trip/vacation??

Or, do you guys in the know (CJ and others) think its been thru the wringer enuff to have any problems worked out????
  7. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone installed this on there 950? I have been trying to get mine working and so far no luck? the instructions are not to good and now I have a slipping clutch and a slave that is leaking out of the adjustment screw:huh. I followed the instructions to the tee but something is very wrong with this kit? I have a call into them but I have a feeling this thing may be going back!
    Anyone know the difference between the EXP and the EXP Core? the web site has a picture of the core kit but it's different then the kit that I got? mine only came with a ring a couple of different springs and a new slave? the web site has a kit showing a new pressure plate metal plates and some kind of ring? when I called and asked they told me that is only for the 2012 bikes? I lost?
    my bike is a 07 SE. I have this in my 530 and love it but I think it may be too soon for the big bikes? I have a call in to tech support and will see what happens?????:cry
  8. Riddler890

Riddler890 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    See ya knucklehead, if you would'a called me back we could'a had it done right! my dads got an awesome set of tools!
  9. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know. This is what I get for being stupid!:cry I have a feeling this thing is going back. I don't think they worked the bugs out yet?
  10. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:

Man, even Martha, the lady that answers the phone and runs things at Black Dog Cycle installed hers in her bike, by herself.......
  11. Unkgd

Unkgd Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you don't hear back from Rekluse (which would surprise me) - you might give CJracer a shout before you send that unit back.
  12. sito

sito Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking I just may have gotten a bad slave. I could never get the clutch to fully engage and now it's leaking out of the adjustment screw? I have done salve install before on both my 950 and never had an issue and I've done the EXp install on my 530 with no issues? this is basically the same install as the 530 just with the adjustment on the slave. Rekuse responded to my email and they are going to get back to me.
  13. Alleycatdad

Alleycatdad Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer:
    True Norcal, not that Bay Area/Sacto Crap...
    ...and? In my experience, the guys at Rekluse are awesome and will make it right for you.

That said, any word on your predicament?

Steve
  14. Dagwood_55

Dagwood_55 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Surely someone has the new EXP installed by now.

Ride report???
  15. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    Well?

===

OK, on another note, I've got mine ordered. I see that both CJ and Martha changed their setups from the default supplied setup, but those were prototypes...

Any feedback on setup on these yet? It'd be nice to only take it apart once.

Thanks!

Steve
  16. bikyto

bikyto Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer:
    Do you have a 950 or 990?
  17. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:

S
  18. bikyto

Oddometer:
    I asked because the setup is different on a 990 as opposed to the 950
    I'm very happy with mine. I've been running it for a while now and it's running pretty well.

For the 990:
    The most common setup will be medium wedges and a combo of 3 red and 3 blue springs. The washers/spacers on the pressure plate bolts have been added and the wedges weight tweaked from what you saw on bdcw's video. The freeplay at the clutch lever also depends on the lever that you run but I found the 3/4 to 7/8 slave adjustment is a good place.

Rekluse has been super responsive and Craig has also tested it on his 950 and fitted on the 990. Mine comes from Craig at CJdesigns... As you know, Craig is good at putting parts under strain.

:clap
  19. Alleycatdad

Oddometer:
    Thanks! That's exactly what I'm looking for. I got such great help from the Rekluse guys when I put a 290 kit in my WR that I'm confident they're on it. Just needed a bump start option since I ride so much alone, and the EXP adds that, so...

Steve
  20. bikyto

Oddometer:
    :freaky sweet