Boise ride this weekend...

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by ryanwilliamcantrell, Oct 17, 2007.

1. IDRIDR

IDRIDR Take me to the River

Oddometer:
    Hope to ride with some of you Boise riders next Enterprise run. I got to see Dug Bar from the river on a jet boat on Thursday and the next day ride down there with the Portland riders. Wow! I enjoy riding Idaho because we have so much, but that ride down to Dug Bar was simply amazing.
  2. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
  3. Jason Abbott

Jason Abbott Long time Idaho rider

Oddometer:
  4. ryanwilliamcantrell

ryanwilliamcantrell Get Out and Ride!!

Oddometer:
  5. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:

Great pics. I enjoyed reading your thread. Bear Valley never disappoints. Heath has found some good fishing there, at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Idahosam

Idahosam Set Adrift

Oddometer:
    Thank you Barb A aka "Bskye" for the heads up. Oh the narrator hit this philosophy spot on! I couldn't explain it any better.

As I am now in my 60th year of life and finding I am way out of warranty, not to mention I've used up alot of my lucky charms Right leg last year, hip this year..... I can't help but to reflect back on my hooliganism of my love of two wheels, particularly off the beaten path, and well, this pretty much sums it up.... enjoy everyday! Damn I need to get healed up.

I hope to see you out there :ricky I am finally up walking.. albeit slowly.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LRQyEBY5YjQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
  7. Ron in Boise

Ron in Boise Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Jason;

My wife is familiar with the area in north Idaho your last ride report was in.

She says that the Yellow plants in the field you referred to a mustard was probably rape seed which is used to make canola oil.

Ron in Boise
  8. Jason Abbott

Oddometer:
    Thank you Ron. I've updated the text. I thought mustard was equivalent to rapeseed so chose the, uh, friendlier name. I see now it's just part of the mustard family.
  9. tvbh40a

tvbh40a PSUViking

Oddometer:
    Idaho home of the fiesta bowl champ BSU bronco's
    Sam, Glad to hear you are up and moving. You should have been the day of surgery, hope that was the case....therapy is where it is at for the next few weeks and do it at home also. No one feels sorry for someone who sits on their arse and doesn't do the therapy. Let me know when you can and I will come get you we can do a few laps around the air conditioned mall. I might flip for lunch.:lol3
  10. redwoods

redwoods Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any Sun Valley area riders out there? Would love to hook up and ride....
  11. obrianmcc

obrianmcc Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM DA KLIXTER … I think he's out of Ketchum? … maybe?
  12. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any trail which has the name "Strychnine" or "Ridge", just sounds dangerous (or heinous) and shouldn't be ridden on by a normal sound minded person. Right?

Jason, wasn't it your brother, Jeremy I think, which mentioned something about "heinous" trails. Trails which start easy always become heinous, but one's which start heinous never turn easy. . . or something like that! That and some experience riding with you is probably what led them to take a break while you checked out that trail!:lol3

Nice ride with your brothers. I don't have any brothers to ride with, but my son's are now old enough to ride with me. I hope riding with my kids is about the same as riding with siblings.

Thanks for sharing your photo's and story!
  13. Jason Abbott

Oddometer:
    You're right, we should probably take the hint. When my brother Jeremy made those remarks about trails only getting worse with distance, not better, we were trying to get to Scurvy Mountain. :D
  14. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    So I was in Riggins three times yesterday, (432 miles for the day) and I noticed the Native Americans selling salmon at the roadside. Since I wasn't packing a large cooler on the DR, I couldn't take any home with me. I have a delivery driver going through there tomorrow. Does anyone know what the going rate is for fresh caught salmon?
  15. GGAlex

GGAlex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dunno your style of riding, but if at least in-part it involves single-track on a dirt-oriented bike, look in to http://www.mvtma.com/ as I believe your area of interest is their stomping grounds.
    They are hosting a multi-day trail ride in July, north of Sun Valley/Ketchum, info at their site. (Membership in one of the state's trailbike clubs is required to attend.)
    If you are a big-bike rider, generally I think you are going to find folks in that group who also do that (like me: pure-dirt, and ADV/DS with bikes for each). So it becomes a matter of good ol networking to hook up with the folks with your similar interests.
    Plus, supporting your local trail club is always a good thing as they are important in the fabric of activities that keep our two-wheeled pastimes viable, particularly their relationships with public land managers to promote access.
  16. BDizzle8732

BDizzle8732 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any Boise area riders care to burn some hydro-carbons?

I did a quick 50 mile blast on Sunday, and am always up for an adventure.

On Sunday, I went up 8th Street; hooked on to the Ridge Road; went down Humpty-Bumps to that saddle on Kelly Gulch (?); down into Clear Creek; then over to HWY 21; down to Robie Creek, then up that and down Rocky Canyon.

I like single-track and double-track. Willing to go places I maybe shouldn't. :)

If you are heading out in the evenings after work, or this weekend, let me know.

Brandon
    860.4O76
  17. ryanwilliamcantrell

Oddometer:

I hope to hit Daggett Creek soon. That's some good single track.

I'll PM you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. BDizzle8732

BDizzle8732 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Ryan, my wife and I were riding two-up, and found ourselves down at the cabin on Daggett.

I thought that trail, off the Ridge Road, was Humpty-Bumps. I was wrong.

I look forward to learning all of the connections. There really is a lot of trails up in that area.

Brandon
  19. DA KLIXTER

DA KLIXTER old and slow

Oddometer:
    Yeah - I live here and ride as much as I can. Name your poison- dirt, dirt, or more dirt!
    Send me a PM and we'll talk.
    CK
  20. DA KLIXTER

DA KLIXTER old and slow

Oddometer: