Underseat tank for HP2

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by bavarian, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Blackboot

Blackboot Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Markus,
    The tank already looks very good.:jump :jump
    I would also like to buy one if the price is good.
    I hope that you send more photos soon.
    Regards
    Blackboot
  2. bavarian_markus

bavarian_markus Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Blackboot,

I will send the next photos when the tank is ready :wink:

Regards, Markus
  3. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Great work Markus. Your prototype looks great. I am enjoying the pictures. I'm sure we all are.

In the picture link below, it looks like the HP2 air box is also a vacuum form and fused assembly.

http://www.gs-forum.eu/attachment.php?attachmentid=7006&d=1208542336

I'm looking forward to seeing the holding fixture and welding machine. Thanks for including us in the process :thumb

(I can't resist asking. What material is the tool?)

- Jim
  4. bavarian_markus

Oddometer:
    For the first few tanks I take - I don´t no the english name - hard foam???
    When I have to built more tanks :confused, than I have to make aluminium tools
  5. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>
    Hard foam is the right term. I hope this product is successful enough to need an aluminum tool.

<BR>
  6. JimC

JimC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Terrific work Markus, I think this is the auxiliary fuel tank many of us had hoped someone would make. It's the right material and the right size. Thanks for the great job.

Add me to the list of buyers.

Jim in Sacramento
  7. bavarian

bavarian bavarian

Oddometer:
    Now, gentlemen, as the completion of the product is coming near, I have some logistics to clarify.

Ideally I would send a couple of tanks in one parcel to two or three of you guys in the US who in turn would take care of the shipment to individual ADVriders in the US. I thought of East, Middle and West US. As I am not making a buck in the whole action, I would like to keep the costs as low as possible for me.

First step would be a quick rollcall who definitely wants one. And - if I understood this correctly - the tank would be available with filler under the seat and on the right side. So please state what you want.
    Second stept would be to find two or three guys who would be willing to receive more than one tank and take care of the further distribution in the US.
    Third step would be that Markus gives us a price for the finished product.
    Four is that I give you the price for the shipping.
    And five is that you send me the money, Euros please, not that soft greenback. (And keep in mind that it could be that the exchange rate rises to 2 bucks for 1 Euro until the money arrives in my bank account! :evil:evil:evil:evil:evil For heavens sake, stop burning your money in Irak!)
    Once I have the money I will ship the tanks.

Capito? Easy! Start!
  8. bavarian

bavarian bavarian

Oddometer:
    Just for your info - UPS for a parcel of 15 kilos (33 pounds) is 245 Euros! If anyone knows cheaper transport, let me know.
  9. oziexplorer

oziexplorer fugarewe tribe member

Oddometer:
    I'm very impressed with the design effort that's gone into this tank, and am extremely interested in purchasing one (what else can I do with my money?!)

I hate to ask this; what's the freight cost to Western Australia (zipcode 6714) ?
  10. bavarian

bavarian bavarian

Oddometer:
    To find out the cost on the UPS.com site I need a location plus the zipcode. So what's the name of the place? (As I might sleep when you get this message - type Herrsching as the location where it starts and 82211 as the zipcode.)
    Absender means sender, that's me in Herrsching, Empfänger means recipient, that's you in Australia. Anzahl der Pakete means number of parcels and Gesamtgewicht means total weight. The rest should be self explanatory. Which of course only applies if you get the german site as I did.
  11. configurationspace

configurationspace delooper

Oddometer:
    One more general question: will the production tanks be all black, or would something like a semi-transparent tank (like the stock HP2 tank) be a possibility?
  12. alfaris

alfaris MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer:
    Please, do not forget about EUROPEAN buyers as me :freaky
  13. bavarian_markus

Oddometer:
    At first is black an white (nearly semi-transparent) possible.
    But now I have to make a few tanks and make hard tests (pressure, heat, offroad, and so on) Because I don´t want to sell bullshit. If all is ok than we can talk about selling. I think you all want a qualitity job?

:clap:clap:clap
  14. 2StrokeBloke

2StrokeBloke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Put me on the list for a right side filled tank.
    Semi transparent preferred, but not a deal killer!
  15. Farmer Palmer

Farmer Palmer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi again Markus,

Would the tank with the side fill option fit on an HP2 with Touratech Zega HP2 rack system and would the side fill tank be more expensive?

Sorry to bog you down with even more questions, again they're not a 'deal killer'. It's just great to have the chance of an extra tank with some options.

Although having said all that a standard tank would be fine, I have a TT QR seat fastener!:D

Thanks again for all the hard work.

FP.
  16. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    DO NOT use UPS, it is horrible for cost vs value. United States Parcel Service or DHL will be much more effective. I can get a whole HPN tank at 25ish lbs shipped over for less then 50 euros and 80 euros for expedited service. Also check your PM's
  17. oziexplorer

oziexplorer fugarewe tribe member

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply.
    That zipcode Location is Karratha, Western Australia
  18. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    BMW Atlanta is correct, UPS/Fedex and maybe even DHL can be very costly.

I suggest using your local Postal Service and determine the size & weight limits. They have a guideline showing maximum size & weight packages to determine costs. If the package is to large they may add oversize charges.
    Sometimes keeping the size small helps considerably.
  19. Steady

Steady Flogster

Oddometer:
    Markus Hi

I am in Johannesburg South Africa and would be willing to buy a few tanks if required and distribute them in SA at cost. Let me know, postal code (zip code) 1645. Johannesburg should suffice and post would be cheapest.

Right side, underseat, left side, black, white, translucent white, I do not care. What I do want is a tank.:evil :deal :clap :ear

Thanks
    Steady
  20. alfaris

alfaris MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer:
    you are right, now we have no tank , so whatever comes is very welcome. With almost 9 liters more under my butt, is ok for me, how to refill it is not a big concern for me now.