Schuberth Helmets for ADVRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Nov 2, 2010.

1. kbasa

kbasa big big energy

Oddometer:
    Which buttons should one use to open Siri? This, so far, has been my only source of dissatisfaction with my SRC and C3. Otherwise, I love this helmet.
  2. ZLAHiVizBrian

ZLAHiVizBrian So Viz-able!

Oddometer:
    Hey kbasa,

With Siri enabled, does pressing the mobile phone button (page 24) on your SRC system activate Siri? There should be a few seconds of lag before you hear the "dingding".

-HVB
  3. The Heathen

The Heathen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hopefully this is the place to ask, can you get narrow cheek pads for the C3 pro size large?
  4. ZLAHiVizBrian

Oddometer:
    Hey The Heathen,

The short answer is no. C3 Pro cheek pads can only be swapped within the same shell size. Since you have a Large helmet, you can use the Large (15mm) or Medium (20mm) cheek pads. However, the thinnest cheek pads in the line are 15mm, which you currently have.

How much time do you have in the helmet? It may still have some breaking-in to do.

C3 Pro Shell Size Breakdown:
    • 2XS-SM
    • MD-LG
    • XL-2XL
    • 3XL

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ride safely,

-HVB
  5. Boston Mangler

Boston Mangler I Just Don't Care!

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys

I got a C3 Pro with the SRC system.. WHEN it is working, it is freaking amazing!!

But... Manual says when charging, when the red lights go out, charge is complete.

Mine won't go out, even let it sit for 2 days..

Unplug it, works for about an hour, crystal clear bluetooth music!

On a good day I might get 1.5 hours.. Odd..

So I plugged the USB cable into my tank bag that I have wired for charging USB stuff and had it plugged into SRC.. Was hoping it would charge and maintain power while I ride. No such luck., wont connect via bluetooth while it's charging... REALLY?? Am I missing something?

I've been reading a bunch and trying to figure this out. Anyone??

FYI, both Helmet and SRC Less than a month old.

Thank
    Kevin
  6. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:

Kevin, I've had an SRC unit for a couple of years and, basically, it has been flawless. The unit will not connect to Bluetooth when you're charging it via you're bike's USB. As for your SRC not charging fully, I'd give Phil Chapman or Mike Telarco a call at (949) 215-0893. These gentlemen know their product and can assist.

Mike
  7. DoubleM

DoubleM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Brian,

I have a C3 Pro and want to order the summertime crown liner.
    Can you tell me what is the correct name of the liner on your website.
    Don't want to get the wrong one.
  8. ZLAHiVizBrian

Oddometer:
    Hey Kevin,

That's interesting, especially after a few weeks. It sounds like a potential warranty claim. As mikegc recommended, give Phil or Mike at Schuberth a call. They will get you squared away.

Cheers,

-Hi-Viz Brian

Hey DoubleM,

Are you referring to the ventilation block-off tabs in the picture below? The tabs are part of the stock liner. They're designed to block the vents during winter riding and fold back to maximize airflow during summer riding.

Tabs:
    [​IMG]

Tabs Open:
    [​IMG]

Tabs Closed:
    [​IMG]

Is this helpful? If not, please let me know.

Ride safely,

-HVB
  9. DoubleM

DoubleM Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks will try when I get home.
    It gets hot down here!!!!!!!
  10. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Is there a way to get the faceshield on a standard C3 to stay open while riding a bit more firmly? It seems like when new, I could go around local small roads with the visor cracked open a notch or two and it would stay that way until I went fast, then the wind would push it shut. Now, it seems like even at slow speeds it closes up on me. Any thoughts on how to stiffen it up a bit?
  11. Don Coyote

Don Coyote Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw recent mention in one of the C3 threads here about installing o-rings at the hinges to make the visor movement stiffer.

Not sure if it is because of my windshield, but the first detent just blasts wind directly in my eyes, much worse than having the visor open all the way...
  12. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

I think it's previously been mentioned in the thread on an earlier page, but just in case...

The best solution I've found has been a 1" round adhesive-backed felt pad. You can get them at any home improvement store, like Lowe's or Home Depot. Only problem is the ones that work best are usually sold in a bag of like 50 or 100. That's the bad news... The good news is that bag only costs about $3 or $4.

Anyway, get a couple of these felt pads, and pull the shield off your C3. Once you have the shield off you'll see the center of the shield pivot base (look for the little phillips-head screw in it's center) on each side of the helmet is almost exactly 1" in diameter. This is where you'll stick a felt pad on each side. Clean the area with some alcohol to remove and oil, dirt, etc., then peel the backing off one of the felt pads and stick it on. Make sure you get it centered, then press it down firmly all around to make sure it's stuck down. Now re-fit your shield on the helmet...

You may find it takes *slightly* - and I do mean just a tiny bit - more effort to mount the shield, but take your time and make sure it is installed properly. Once that's done go and give it a try. I think you'll find the felt pads add just enough more tension to the shield operation that it will pretty much stay wherever you want it, even if that's only slightly cracked open.

Just FYI... Hope it helps. It works great for me.

Dallara

~
  13. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Dallara! If Schuberth has no solution, I will look into do that.
  14. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to post an update. A very nice fellow named Paul at Schuberth sent me some replacement shield pivot parts that I installed and tried out this weekend. The new parts made a HUGE difference, and now I have a shield I can crack open as I please. This was really excellent customer service, and I could not be happier. It is an all too rare pleasure to find an outfit that supports their products this well.

Big thanks to Schuberth! :thumb :clap
  15. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Are you in a position to share contact info with the rest of us sharing this single short coming? :ear
  16. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The number for Schuberth's tech assistance is 949-215-0893. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Mike<o:p></o:p>
  17. Emoto

Emoto Sure, why not?

Oddometer:
    Sure. This is publicly published info on their site. Mike already posted the phone. The US support email is: USA-service@schuberth.com
  18. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Thanks for that - email sent. :freaky

Thanks to other poster who put up tech phone - guess I could have pulled up either of these but was looking for an 'inside track' to someone who would immediately 'get the issue.'

Hope to have new pins next week - it's hot as mofo down here.:knary
  19. HoBeau

HoBeau around the bend

Oddometer:
    Same day email response - new pins on the way!
  20. Ilvtoride

Ilvtoride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Might be time to consider a modular helmet. I would love a week or two trial period.