Dual cooling fans? 950 ADV

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by Rapid Dog, May 19, 2009.

1. rinho

rinho Rinho Féroce

Oddometer:
    back in France but Soul still in North America
    Well, yes, I like to do things myself (thanks for the compliment) and yes I feel concerned about how the air is drawn...
    But if the bracket (wich was out of stock when I started) was available, alone, for 50$ or less, I would not have spent any time working on this one... for sure.
    I have understood on thing... Whatever I do, there's one thing I'll never have enough, it's time!
  2. Faunus

Faunus Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just ordered my ADVmachines dual cooling fan... Have a 2500 mile trip planned next month, so its gonna get a trial by fire, especially being that all 2500 miles will be in the deep south!
  3. Unkgd

Unkgd Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Put this fan on my 990ADV last year right before a 5 day trip into the Mojave Desert and it worked great. Sand, slow speed and 120 degreesF and no overheating problems!
  4. crazybrit

crazybrit Defying any self identifying

Oddometer:
  5. deeve

deeve Adventure Lite

Oddometer:
    Old post resurrection time...but did you find an answer to this question?
  6. zooq

zooq n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi guys
    Another ressurection time.
    Did you happen to find the answer to this one? Or maybe any other of you guys had the same issue?
    I'm trying to find out what are the types of these connectors to add additional fan to original installation.
    I'll appreciate any advices.
    Thx
  7. Dziadek

Dziadek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It looks that the Ducati 999 has fan installed directly to radiator with bolts going through the fins.
    So i went this way and put M5 bolts covered with rubber hose , rubber/plastik washer and boltet fan to the radiator.
    It is more safe then the fan fasteners with springs that come a bit loose by time and can damage the radiator.