Ed on the Trans American Trail

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by edstoll, Jun 25, 2009.

1. superdutyGS

superdutyGS lone rider

Oddometer:
    Hey Ed. Top shelf my friend. I loved the report, went to the start with you in Tennessee. I have this on my agenda with tenn, miss and ark this late fall, and the rest hopefully in 2-3 trips in 2011. You are only about 200 miles from me at home in Monroe City Mo. Thanks so much for sharing this. I need to become GPS literate first, but your report has be over the edge.....no more dreaming. Action must be taken. Thanks again............and yes, you were getting some help from above. Any reason I should not do this solo?
  2. GauloisUSA

GauloisUSA Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great report.:D
    Thanks
  3. Bob

Bob Formerly H20Pumper Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice.
    Thanks
  4. High-way

High-way KLR

Oddometer:
    Nice ride report Ed.:clap :clap
  5. quota

quota Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just read the entire thread in one sitting. I'll pass the link on to the guys that I did part of the trail with. They will enjoy it as well.

Just a quick story that has to do with Reno Deano that you met on your ride...

Patrol Dog and I had been following some tire tracks through Nevada. We get to the roll chart section that is marked as "single track". While riding that section, I find a shoe. Figuring that someone was just a few hours in front of us, we run a little faster and try to catch them to see that they get their shoe back. We never found them.

I get home and look at some ongoing TAT threads on here and inquire if someone has lost a shoe. No luck.

I can't recall how many weeks/months pass and I'm surfing advrider.com and stumble onto Reno Deanos thread. I find a photo of his bike and on the back is a shoe that really resembles that one that I still have, waiting for it to be claimed.

I sent him a message and it turns out it was his shoe that I'd found. But, enough time had passed that he had disposed of the mate.

After reading this thread and getting your call earlier today, I find it all a little ironic.

Thanks again for the call!
  6. drivefastandswerve

drivefastandswerve Indianapolis

Oddometer:
    cannot wait to get the Transalp going, should be fun!...chuck:freaky
  7. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    ^ Bump for a good read.