Nascar 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RedRocket, Nov 29, 2012.

1. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    "So far, things are going well for Kurt Busch’s first IndyCar Series test at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The former NASCAR champion completed about 15 laps in his first segment and as of 10:15 a.m. was working on completing IndyCar’s standard Rookie Orientation Program that is comprised of 10-lap speed increments.
    Busch is driving Andretti Autosport’s No. 1 car scheduled to be Ryan Hunter-Reay’s Indianapolis 500 car this month. Practice for the 500 begins Saturday.

Busch has said he’s not going to participate in this month’s 500, but he could have a different take on it following the test that is to end about noon.

Team owner Michael Andretti and IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe are at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for this test.

Team manager Kyle Moyer said there’s no fear that Busch might wreck Hunter-Reay’s car.

“He’s a champion,” Moyer said of Busch."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w0TtjfiJccs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. Rd650

Rd650 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Go Travis:thumb
  3. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    That was last week.
    I think he ended up crashing.
  4. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey I just saw Danica crashed first practice and has to go to back up car.Wonder how many they brought?:wave
  5. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    She's just earning her "stripes"!? :D
  6. Fastphil38

Fastphil38 AZ Offroad

Oddometer:
    Wow did anyoneone else check out the pants on sam busch. Ride on !
  7. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Didn't like the race at Dover...empty stands looked really bad on TV.

They have got to STOP pitting under yellow, it's ruining the racing.

It's time for say a 10 point penalty if your car puts down enough fluids to cause a caution. Kenseth staying out until he oiled the track was plain stupid, you don't radio in that you're blowing up then go another 3 laps to make sure it blows.

I'd bench Danica, but make her show up to sign autographs...in a bikini. :deal
  8. Bowhunter

Bowhunter Single Trackin' & Stick & Stringin'

Oddometer:
    +1
  9. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    Don't know if I agree with the pitting under yellow however, totally agree with the oil on the track. For three laps I was wondering why he was still out there.

Those stands did look pathetic. The racing did seem a little better than that.....

I will admit that I am a fan of JJ, however even if it were any other driver (even Kyle Bush), I don't think he deserved a penalty for that start. JPM didn't start in the box, even admitted it during interviews later and then Jimmy gets the penalty. You can see JJ check up while in the box to get back to even with JPM and his checkup. I really think it should have gone the other way with JPM getting the penalty for backing up the field.

At the very least, it should have been a failed restart and should have been done over.

I like Tony Stewart, he is a great driver. He was a 12th place car yesterday though. All day long. He really shouldn't have won that race.

I've been watching nearly every weekend for going on 15 years and am seriously considering finding something else to do with my time. All these oil cautions, debri cautions (for the waterbottle that Carl Edwards threw out his window on the previous lap) and other lame ass crap that NASCAR is coming up with is making the sport pretty lame.

I really like the racing with the Gen 6 car too.....It is a shame.

(I miss Dale Earnhardt :cry)
  10. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    Agreed, it seems like they have taken away the power to the flagman to no-start the race. I can't remember the last time a flagman called off the start for a false restart on the front row.

Now go to the local dirt track, the flagman calls off 10 a night.:lol3
  11. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Yeah, then I looked up the rule...you can't beat the leader out of that little start box, that's where he went wrong. Pablo had until the second line to start the field and he timed it just right, I can't stand the whiney bastard, but he got rid of his competition like a pro.

Me too, think he'd still be in a car?
  12. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    I guess I saw it as JJ checking up and matching JMP in the box and just after got back on it while JPM just sat there. (That box is very short in length at Dover, maybe a car length.) All the while, the green is waving giving JJ the free and clear to proceed with the race wheather he was first or not. (Maybe I should go watch it again in slow motion)

I don't know. He might have become workout buddies with Mark Martin and still be racing....:lol3

I would guess he would have retired by now (with 2 more Daytona Wins) and would be fiercely competing with Hendrick and Childress at the owner level and trying to help his Grandkids to beat the Dillons.
  13. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Pocono was hands down the fakest race NASCAR has ever run, I didn't see a reason for any of the cautions aside from bunching up the field for TV. That first caution that came on a commercial and wasn't even mentioned until 20 laps later was fully bogus. There wasn't a need for a full course caution, not once, every single issue was able to clear itself up...let them race, if it's too boring for TV don't go back to Pocono.

Sad day for NASCAR. :puke1
  14. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:
    I was wondering why the race was on TNT this weekend and I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Fox knew the racing is shit at this track and didn't want to bother with the broadcast because there isn't any commercial revenue from its habitually poor attendance/viewership.

I used the time to play with the Rally Navigator Program (which is totally badass BTW) and actually found myself frustrated with the cautions at the end of the race. I kept having to grab the remote to fast forward past the BS, to just see the finish of the race, and it took me away from my route creation.
  15. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Old Git

Oddometer:
    The first fake "debris flag" was predictable because of who had just been lapped.
    It's very important to keep that car on the lead lap as long as possible.

Another sad day for NASCAR.
  16. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Even Kyle Petty alluded to the fact that the cautions were bogus when he said that the last yellow of the day was really legit, he went on and on about carbon splinters, the car drove itself in and I didn't see anybody looking for carbon fiber splinters.
  17. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mother fuckin NASCAR sure doesn't want Brad K to repeat as champ!Penalties every other week(his truck this week!) and they didn't even mention him on the "notables"finishes on NASCAR run Speed channel.(Danica made it tho!:csm)They looked the other way when notable and past cheaters Knauss and Co. were underweight.DICKS!(okay,I feel better now).:wink::lol3

I love Kyle Petty tho,he's not afraid to call it as it is!
  18. MANXMAN

MANXMAN Old Git

Oddometer:

Yesterday he was asked if the driver of the #10 car will ever win a NASCAR race. His answer was "no way......never going to happen"

That's telling it like it is alright.
  19. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    For those of you that have netflix, The tim Richmond ESPN documentary is on there now. Great story if you have not seen it. Pretty sad at the end though.
  20. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    How many did he win? :ear

:D