Snow skiing anyone

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by mtbdemon, Dec 6, 2010.

1. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    Hey whats the good word at Mt Bachelor? With they be open for Turkey Day?
    We're having a small family reunion over Thanksgiving, and I'm trying to lay plans before I leave for Baja. :D
  2. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    BAJA sounds great!! One of these days I'm going to have to hit you up for a trip down there.
    On a skiing note, I have my pass again for Meadows so I hope its startes snowing soon!!
  3. ak bike

ak bike Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Great to find this ski thread. Get kinda depressed when the bike goes in the garage and ice appears on the road, then the flakes come down and the world comes right again. Love riding my bike but skiing Equals it. Hoping to ski Tahoe in the spring ,only good for 2 or 3 hours anymore but still fired up. if anyone gets up to Alyeska and wants to make a couple of runs with an older guy give a holler.
  4. Dewey316

Dewey316 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm ready for the snow to start falling. I have my Meadows pass again this year. I am trying to not set my hopes up too much for this season. For the first time in a number of years, I am working M-F now, so no multiple mid-week ski days for me anymore. The good news is, that the shoulder is back to 100% after my rather large fall in MT last season.
  5. Mr Dual Sport

Mr Dual Sport Is no longer on ADV

Oddometer:
    Guess it snowed over a foot in the LA Pine/Sunriver area this evening! Bring it!
  6. michaelyogi

michaelyogi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm looking at my Coombacks as I write this... great soft snow ski. I'm getting a pair of Sidestash's for the chowder/hard this year... Bring it!
  7. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
  8. Mr Dual Sport

Mr Dual Sport Is no longer on ADV

Oddometer:
  9. Apple Jam

Apple Jam Ride Oregon First

Oddometer:
    Pretty......:tb
  10. NotAllWhoWanderRLost

NotAllWhoWanderRLost So many roads to ease my soul...

Oddometer:
    First real coverage of the season at my house out on the SW end of Bend. The yard's still covered but the coverage on the street is now breaking up. . :lurk
  11. Squishy

Squishy Elastically-kinematic.

Oddometer:
    Great for skiers (that i am), but i preffer to ski when i want to, but ride out the door into...some snow or away from it for the day!

Nothing at 2000' here on this side of the Hood, time to ride!!:D
  12. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:
    First time in 20 years or more that I'm missing opening day -Dang angry ankle. Oh well, it's a long season. Our son made the cover of this NY publication with a shot from last year.

[​IMG]
  13. Squishy

Squishy Elastically-kinematic.

Oddometer:
    Sweet, well done!
  14. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Hey, not certain how this fits into motorcycles..BUT

I am spending time near first of year in La Pine...

Can anyone point me to some backcountry near there where I can skin up and earn turns?

Thanks...Phil
  15. wachs

wachs just passin' through

Oddometer:

If the snow ever returns, Paulina Peak can be excellent, it's just north of La Pine. There's a groomed snow machine track to the summit which is worth mooching a tow to the top of. I usually park at the highest snow park and ask any snowmobile riders if they're going that way. Got my own tow rope and some cash for fuel.

Tumalo Butte is right across the road from Mt. Bachelor. Takes a little more than an hour to ascend the southwest side then ski the east facing bowl as many times as your energy allows. Skin back up and return the way you came. Kwol Butte is another little skin up affair south and east of Mt. Bachelor. PM for more, my ankle will be ready to go by then and I would be glad to shuffle around with ya!
  16. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Started into Paulina last year, but my wife is more, well, shall we say, flat touring oriented.. A group of us stay at a friends B&B [Diamondstone] after Xmas .. which is very close to road up to Paulina...I think I toured into Tumalo years ago when I was younger and foolish enough to think I could three-pin [All AT now]...what aspect on Paulina is best?

I will look up Kwol Butte...

Will PM you my email..keep in touch about your ankle...hey, if you are gimped up, perhaps I can stay up with you..

Thanks again..appreciated.

Phil
  17. Ladukebob

Ladukebob Spaceark

Oddometer:
    Got up to Meadows Sunday morning with a few friends. Meadows opened the Hood River parking lot (HRM) :D for the day. Got a couple great runs down Elevator and Lower Elevator before the crowds got over there and trashed it. Great time getting out on the snow with good friends.

[​IMG]
  18. Dewey316

Dewey316 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sunday was probably decent snow early. I was at Meadows on Saturday, fighting the crowds. Even late into the day though, I was able to find some decent lines to get some tracks in. I was surprised at how little it was tracked up once you got off the groomers. Other than the high winds and the crowds, the snow was pretty darn good for this early in the season.
  19. mtbdemon

mtbdemon Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be up at Meadows both Sat and Sunday if anyone is interested...Decent intermediate skier...
  20. Wallowa

Wallowa Diver Down

Oddometer:
    Hey, I bought a pair of 2012 Shuksan skis at 78mm [great touring and crud ski] but can't find any Dynafit Vert ST with 82mm brakes..if anyone know of someone who has gone "fat" of their skis and has taken off a set of 82mm brakes or the whole binding, please PM me..

Thanks..Phil

Ps..Still for sale in Europe but not here....figures.