Baja 1000 for the Wounded

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Cornbread82, May 2, 2012.

1. wittyusername

wittyusername This is the spot for my custom title

Oddometer:
    Hey all,

We try to update this thread with team news as best we can. Things are happening pretty fast now. A comprehensive list of updates can be found on our team website-blog section. I post a new newsletter once a week on the site. I just posted this week's update. Check out what we've been up to. You can also sign up to our newsletter and get the updates e-mailed to you.

http://www.raceforthewounded.com/category/blog/

Thanks again for your support!
    Scott
  2. Cornbread82

Cornbread82 Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer:
    Well guys seem like I see this in just about every thread I have looked at so it is my turn now. Had a bit of a set back on the training so I am going to have to take a bit of time off the bike.:D I had a bit of a get off on a training ride and got a class two separation on my left shoulder. The doc tells me that I should be good to go for our pre ride end of July so lets just see if the old body will heal in time for it. :freaky

Brett
  3. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    Ouch, man that sucks. Hope you heal up quickly. In the meantime do what you can to prepare so you can focus on riding once you have healed.
  4. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    All I can do is keep running right now, I hope that I will be able to do more soon. When I get back home I will keep working on the bike, and the training bike to make sure they are going to be ready for our pre ride in Aug. The doc is telling me that i am healing quick so that is the good news.
  5. bajaboundmoto

bajaboundmoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you meaning you're going to ride some in Baja in August?
    If so I'd have some suggestions.
  6. azcagiva

azcagiva new orange flavor

Oddometer:
    Hey Tim,

I met you at the m1k, I was the guy on the 888 bike with Allan.

We are gonna keep them on the pacific side, maybe some night riding to keep from cooking. None of these guys have been to baja, figured hot baja is better than no baja.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

-John
  7. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    Yes we will be down I think the firs week of August, is that right Allan? Would love any suggestions that you have.

Thanks,
    Brett
  8. HalfFast

HalfFast Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer:
    Looks like August 8th from the email traffic I received today. And we are planning some early morning riding (cooler) and afternoon riding on the Pacific side.

No getting around the heat though in August. Just have to suck it up and stay hydrated.

:deal
  9. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    Hydration is the key, but I don't sweat I leak:lol3
  10. Bronco Driver

Bronco Driver Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Allan
    The proper term is "suck it up Cupcake":evil
  11. mrazekan

mrazekan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Get a really bright tail light.

Liked you on FB. I'll keep an eye out for you guys at the 1k.
  12. HalfFast

HalfFast Double Secret Pit Ninja

Oddometer:
    +100 on the bright tail light. We actually have a few ideas for that as well as a few reflector tricks we came up with during our Mexican 1000 race. Our riders will be seen!!

..............Even if our jerseys are sporting a little bit of camouflage. If you guys haven't seen the team rider jerseys and team pit shirts you have to visit our site. They are military service inspired and look awesome. Kudos to the boys for coming up with a totally unique look. These are the coolest Klim jerseys ever!

:clap

teaser pics
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  13. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    I was thinking of just lighting my butt on fire :D in hopes that it would make me go fast Lord knows I need something to help!!:D

Glad that everyone likes the jerseys, I hope that it will help get some attention to what we are trying to do for the WW's
  14. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Wow, those Jerseys are very cool. I have never seen anything like it, very original!
  15. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    Thanks Tony, and man that was a great ride on the 500 man congrats!!!:freaky
  16. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Thanks brotha! I hope we all have similar luck in November.
  17. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    Hey all back in the states now, the shoulder is doing OK but not as fast as I would like. Going to the doc today and starting some rehab, I hope that will help it get better quicker. We will be in Baja the end of the first week of Aug. we will see how that works on the shoulder.

I got an email from Alex at Konflict Motorsports and he was wanting to help us out for the Baja:clap He is going to be getting our suspension just right for us, and I don't think that is going to be to easy. The teams riders experience levels has about as big a gap as you can get.:D Ed has been racing the Baja for about 30 years, Randy and I have been riding that long but have never been to the Baja, and Scott is a newer rider:huh Alex has his work cutout for him but talking to a bunch of people he is the man to do it!! A big thanks to Konflictmotorsports.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Man it was hot in Ga. today 106 so I had to get an AC after that Rocco started feeling better:lol3
    [​IMG]
  18. RoadHawg14

RoadHawg14 CRASH

Oddometer:
    Where are you located in GA? Would love to help out in the cause
  19. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    Hey RoadHawg, I am in Thomaston Ga. about 30 miles east of Lagrange. We could use all the help we can get trying to make our goal for the Wounded Warriors, by getting the word out to everyone. Think about it, if we could get half of the people on ADV to put in one dollar we would donate over $750,000 dollars for them. We are also needing help with the T-shirts to help us cover some of the cost of getting to the Baja. Thank you for the offer to help, if you have any ideas on how we could make our goal please PM me post on this or send me an email to Brett@raceforthewounded.com

Thanks,
    Brett
  20. Cornbread82

Oddometer:
    Got our race lights in from Cyclops today:clap Darryl from Cyclops jumped on board to help us out with the lighting for the Baja, Thank you Darryl!!! Now I just need to get everything sorted before the pre pre ride in Aug.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]