Around the world advrider mascot relay - Bacon's journey

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by GazzaFish, Nov 26, 2007.

1. billybob

billybob Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Never thought I could be entertained by a cloth pig until I met Bacon....
  2. patrick56

patrick56 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Go on Bacon, greetings from Finland!:clap
  3. Russ

Russ Путин - военный преступник

Oddometer:
    Hand over to ATGREG at Collector NSW.
    [​IMG]
    Bacon with his next ride, the mighty Africa Twin
    [​IMG]
    He was then off to the ADV gathering at Limeburners.
  4. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    And the Pig had a good time too

[​IMG]
  5. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    On the way to the Adfvrider gathering at Limeburners flat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arrived at Limeburners and the pig was checking everything out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. atgreg

atgreg Africatwinarama

Oddometer:
    A big night round the campfire and the pig was grovelling in the dirt with the best of them

[​IMG]
  7. Russ

Oddometer:
    He's gone for a few days and he's on the piss again and smoking :eek1 :eek1 :eek1 :eek1 :eek1 :eek1
  8. Coho911

Coho911 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bacon's Back !

Part 2

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eH08MbDBfjQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eH08MbDBfjQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
  9. Matt

Matt Dirt Virgin

Oddometer:
    Hey Coho,

Love part two. Case of mistaken identity though, you put a shot of Oodeano (he's got the beard) up as me at the beginning of the video (I'm the good looking one........:huh )

Matt
  10. Russ

Oddometer:
    Fanbloodytastic :clap :clap :clap :clap keep it coming its great to see it again with sound.
    I think he's on his way to the USA next week.
  11. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whats that pinkish hand puppet doing in my tent ya bastards
    [​IMG]
  12. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    Smoked Bacon?
    [​IMG]

:lol3

Bad little piggy!
  13. conchscooter

conchscooter Long timer

Oddometer:
    That pig deserves a bath. Poor little bugger being roughed up by a bunch filthy biker yobs.
  14. Kilroy Was Here

Kilroy Was Here Carpe Diem

Oddometer:
    Between Doha, Qatar and Melbourne Australia
    :ear I made it! :wave Helloooo from the land of the free, home of the brave :norton
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]
    <o:p></o:p>
    I made landfall in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:City>Las Vegas</st1:City>, <st1:State>Nevada</st1:State></st1:place>, by way of hitching an airplane ride with “Oodeano”. Thanks for all that mate :freaky
    So long Oodeano, see you back in OZ :cry
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    Hello “Kilroy Was Here” :D .
    This first <st1:country-region><st1:place>US</st1:place></st1:country-region> segment of my journey started this morning, <st1:date Month="2" Day="9" Year="2008">Saturday, February 09, 2008</st1:date>, when “Kilroy” called the hotel room at the somewhat unreasonable hour of <st1:time Hour="9" Minute="0">9 am :snore.</st1:time> It’s Vegas you know:beer :jump .
    After chatting for a bit and saying our farewells to “Oodeano”, we set sail and left town with no delay. No pictures or nothing. Just as well, as I couldn’t wait to get back on two wheels with the wind in my face and some free space between us and civilization:ricky .
    This mornings’ air was a crisp with the temperature in the low 50’s and clear skies. We headed south on Interstate 15 and didn’t stop until we were at the state line.
    [​IMG]
    Interstate 15 south of <st1:City><st1:place>Las Vegas</st1:place></st1:City> cuts trough the high Mojave Dessert. The view from the bike is of sharp cut rocks formations and sand with mostly small bushes.
    This goes on for a couple of hours with mostly the occasional abandoned buildings or gas station. Not the best place to be living during the hot summer I bet.
    Not much business to be had here either unless you can sell sand for a living.

[​IMG]

Except :ear - if you happen to be in the cutting edge of aerospace development …… :huh Yes, believe it of not, this is the place to be for that. Aviation buffs will recognize Edwards Air force Base as the place all the hot-shot pilots go to push the envelope:bubba , and the air above us is where Chuck Yeager first broke the sound barrier in the X-1. NASA Dryden test and research is here;

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/home/index.html

,and just south in the city of <st1:City><st1:place>Palmdale</st1:place></st1:City> is the famed Lockheed/Martin “Skunkworks”.

http://www.lockheedmartin.com/aeronautics/skunkworks/

[​IMG]
    We make a stop at the gate to the <st1:place><st1:placeName>Mojave</st1:placeName> <st1:placeType>Airport</st1:placeType></st1:place>. Now referred to as “Spaceport” since the successful launch of Burt Ruttan’s “Spaceship 1” that won the Ansari X price a couple of years ago and is a civilian reusable spacecraft.

http://www.xprize.org/x-prizes/ansari-x-prize

[​IMG]
    <o:p>See me up there in the corner :D </o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG] </o:p>
    We wander around a little bit and climb on some of the old aircraft
    We hear a lot of noise and observe a small white funny looking aircraft shoot skywards, and we are informed by some spectators that it is the test bed aircraft for “Spaceship 2’s” new rocket engine. Pretty cool for us, but just another day in the sky above the Mojave dessert I suppose.
    The mountains in front of us grow larger as we approach the western edge of the desert and they are covered in snow.
    [​IMG]
    Up in those mountains is our destination for today.
    Today I rode a BMW R1150GSA from <st1:place><st1:City>Las Vegas</st1:City>, <st1:State>Nevada</st1:State></st1:place>, to Pine Mountain Club, <st1:State><st1:place>California</st1:place></st1:State> where I am presently, a total of 308 miles (495 km).
    More follows :norton
    P.S. may as well start preparing for the next leg of the journey so I’m holding my thumb out and hoping for a ride to continue my journey. “Kilroy” have told me he was hoping to hand me off to someone within 100 miles or so? Any body interested P.M. “Kilroy Was Here”
  15. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    YEAH!!! Bacon hits the USA!!! Whats that Tattoo you've got bacon??:huh Looks like something that seemed like a good idea at the time after a big nice on the jiuce. hahaaa:clap I bet its not the last Tattoo you get either...

Look forward to seeing what you get up in the states..... happy travels.
  16. 100mpg

100mpg Self Imposed Exile

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the U.S.A. Bacon! :thumb

A word of advice Bacon, stay away from people in white aprons and wearing white hats, standing in front of hot, flat metal surfaces...:eek1
  17. Kilroy Was Here

Kilroy Was Here Carpe Diem

Oddometer:
    Between Doha, Qatar and Melbourne Australia
    :wink: Sorry for the late posting. I needed a few days to get used to the new timezone. :rofl

Hanging loose in Pine Mountain Club while coordinating the next relay :thumb
  18. Russ

Oddometer:
    Where is he going next???
  19. Russ

Oddometer:
    OK where is the little fellow??
  20. GazzaFish

GazzaFish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bacon,

Im still curious what the badge is your now wearing? Looks like the start of something....:clap :clap