2013 WSBK No-Spoiler Catch-All Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    I've been on travel since last August. Hotels have zero for TV. Streaming is spotty.
    I found I could stream MotoGP on my iPad at Starbucks. Wee hours of the morning back in Wichita.

2. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike high, wide and handsome

Oddometer:
    Actually, The "world feed" is the one formerly shown on Speed with Screamin' Johnny Green and Steve Martin. Far more likely (if you're lucky) is the British Eurosport coverage with Burnacle/Whitham commentating over the SBK supplied video. If you're not lucky, then you'll get video with some non-english commentary. Italian TV (LA7) is nearly always accessable and (on the european rounds anyway) has exclusive pit coverage that you don't see on the WF. Almost worth learning to speak Italian.
  3. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
  4. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    The New Ducati Superbike

Ducati spent the past year preparing the 1199 Panigale for its World Superbike debut. Will this new big Twin win?

February 20, 2013 By Kevin Cameron
  5. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have Time-Warner cable and beIN is showing SBK for 4.5 hours on Saturday night.
  6. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    British Eurosport (not BE2) will be televising Superpole and the races live

It looks like Superpole will be broadcast at 11:00 PM EST on Friday evening here in the states. Superpole will be rebroadcast at 7:00 PM EST Saturday evening with Race 1 following at 7:45 PM with WSS and Race 2 following immediately thereafter
  7. Codewheeney

Codewheeney Callipygian Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just checked my DirecTV (via the website), channel 620, starting at 5:00 PM (Pacific) on Saturday night until 9:30 PM. :clap

Gotta set the DVR
  8. bxr140

bxr140 Flame Bait

Oddometer:
    Hmm...need to check when I get home. Channel 620 doesn't show up in my DTV app...
  9. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
  10. NMBurro

NMBurro Numbnutz

Oddometer:
    I just upgraded our dish package so we now have beIN, and will b watching the WSBK preview show tonight 6:30 mtn time. Their online Tv guide is pretty confusing though, and not consistant with what dish's guide says. Makes me long for the good old days of speed vision, although it will b cool to watch Superpole. Spending over $100 a month just for racing on Tv sucks though, as that could pay for trips to Laguna and COTA. Oh well, I guess there are worse vices.
  11. Chobro

Chobro spinning the wheel

Oddometer:
    See ya Sunday!? If I read this earlier I would have invited myself over for the preview show tonight :D, I was on my way back from Airheads monthly meet at 2 Fools.
  12. sailor22

sailor22 Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer:
    Trying to get the live streaming thing on AJSport to work - I keep getting the prompt "Not Available - Geoblocked" on the channels.

TV isn't available via my Comcast provider so it's starting to look like WSBK just lost a viewer.

Oh yeah, one more thing FUCK SPEED!!!!!!
  13. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    Greg White is saying on FB that you do not need to be a subscriber to a cable/satellite provider that carries BeIN to stream the race(s). BeIN coverage begins at 7:30 PM EST Saturday.
  14. yooperbikemike

Oddometer:
    From RRW:

UPDATE: It’s been confirmed that the World Superbike races at Phillip Island will be televised live on beIN Sport TV beginning at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time (not the 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time listed on the programming guide at www.beinsport.tv) Saturday, February 23. For those who do not have access to beIN Sport TV, the races will also be shown via live streaming video on www.beinsport.tv. And contrary to what is stated in the FAQ (frequent asked questions) section on www.beinsport.com, network spokesmen have twice confirmed that no special login will be required to watch this coming weekend’s races via live streaming video.
  15. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Long timer

Oddometer:
    What channel on DISH? Thanks.

*edit* channel 408 at this time, but moving to 392.
  16. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    According to Road Racing World letter no special login is required for streaming. The beIn sport doesn't work correctly on my Firefox, so exploder it is.

Though where I am I'll get to burn my own download volume to view since in-room wired and wireless internet is pathetically slow here at the Residence Inn by Marriott... Not that I'm bitter or anything...

I'll stream it using my Verizon 4G hotspot to my iPad. Costs a bit, but what doesn't these days?

Hey! I could go to Starbucks, or McDonald's and stream there!:lol3
  17. WoodButcher

WoodButcher Long timer

Oddometer:
    On Firefox, for me, my add blocker was causing an issue. I whitelisted beINsport.tv and all is good now. So far, that is.
  18. Mr Head

Oddometer:
    Thanks! :thumb
    That worked the ticket.
    I'm only tech savy in an old guy how farts kind of way.:lol3

19. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:
    Me neither. CRAP!

But Speed will be showing many infomercials, NASCRAP pre- and post- shows (for several hours), a Redneck something program, hours of Arenacross and Supercross. :huh

$2#@&^^%$#!(*&^ !!!!!
  20. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    I'm so very pleased that I haven't given that sad excuse for a channel my hard earned money for a while now. My God how has it become so total shite...