Day loop from Las Vegas

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by GS Rod, Feb 13, 2013.

1. GS Rod

GS Rod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all,
    I'm visiting LV on business at the end on May, and have time to do a one day ride on May 28th..... Can anyone suggest an interesting day loop from LV. I'll be riding with some friends, probably mixed ability, with most on HD's (I'm renting a GS), so need to stay on tarmac roads...... Can anyone suggest an interesting days ride, preferably on twisting roads (don't know if they exist in this area) with great scenery......
    Any recommendations would be greatly received.

Many thanks.......

Rod
  2. MountainGoatMyke

MountainGoatMyke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  3. GS Rod

GS Rod Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    1st. Red Rock Canyon-an absolute YES. Best little 13mi. loop around. You'll probably stop many times for the pics, or at least make sure you do.

2nd. Valley of Fire-a strong YES. Turn off at the first exit. VofF Hwy, this will take you through the heart of the park. Then make a left at 169 and ride through Overton up to Logandale(cool little valley with lots of ranching). Turn around, grab a snack in Overton and continue on Northshore Rd along Lake Mead(don't go back to Hwy 15). Now turn left on Lakeshore, cause you're going to...

3rd. Hoover Dam-a big time YES. Before you go down to the dam, turn off so you can go walk the by-pass bridge that looks down on the Hoover. You'll thank me later.

Since you have only one day, I won't even mention Zion National Park. Those 3 will get you a good amount of riding with a great variety of geology and visual's.

V of F
    [​IMG]

Hoover from the by-pass bridge
    [​IMG]
  5. GS Rod

GS Rod Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks chaps, realy great info. Should be a good day :beer:beer
  6. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    FYI - Red Rock and Lake Mead are covered by the National Park system, Valley of Fire is a Nevada State Park. Different fees at each one.
  7. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey PM me when your in town if you need a tour guide! i m sure a few of us would join ya....