Drz400 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Britmick, May 4, 2007.

1. fifthcircle

fifthcircle Beer Knurd

Oddometer:
    Maybe Toyota will buy Suzuki.... IN MY DREAMS! :deal

Suzuki Kizashi. #10 in affordable midsize cars. NO THANKS! :lol3
    I prefer expensive SUV's:evil
  2. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    toyota is #1 in boring cars, good but boring.

my suzuki vitara/tracker is great little ride.

best would be if subaru pick up suzuki in the usa. win win:D
  3. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:

your kidding right........................
  4. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    no i have had both and will take a suzuki over a honda any day!

honda makes good products , just not for me.

after 2 miles on gravel stage the honda begs for mercy but the suzuki said, that all you got

how many honda cars have you seen in the dakar or the wrc?
  5. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Why would I waste good money on a POS suzysuckme CAR when they are known for inferior build quality and the worst known service ever.

Ughhh, is there any wonder they are dropping the whole car business? Because even they know they suck!

I do own a DRZ and love it. Here's to hoping the motorcycle side never goes away.

Oh, and Honda had nothing to do in the conversation......................
  6. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I am taking this Motoz Tractionator I/T for a rough test on tomorrow's ride ~125 miles of B level terrains. 2 Tracks & deep sand washes are the dominant factor. Oh i feel sorry for who's gonna tail gate me :wink::lol3:lol3. I hope they're wearing a good chest protestor:rofl.

[​IMG]
    I'll let u know guys how it works and if it worth the $$$.
  7. Buckeye105

Buckeye105 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have a mostly stock 04 drz400s and yesterday i left the petcock on for just long enough to flood the engine. today i took the carb off and lifted the front end up enough to let all the gas drain out. checked the carb and it all still seems clean, nothing blocking the jets. put it all back together and it cranks over and starts right up. then turned the fuel off to let it go dry and to make sure it used up any leftover gas in the engine or carb. after it died i turned the fuel back on and took it for a quick test ride and i only made it 4 blocks before it just stalled out on me at a stop sign and wouldnt start up again.

Any ideas on what to try next?
    also i noticed the RPM's were running higher than usual concidering the engine was still cold when it started.
  8. tdrrally

tdrrally Long timer

Oddometer:
    very cool tire!

i have had no issue with my suzuki cars

change the once or twice a year if i remember to and drive it like a stole it:D

i worked for gm dealer for a couple years never had anything more than service work on the suzuki geo line
    every one i know that has them has nothing but good reports on them.

i would bet the reason they are pulling out of the usa has to government motors

to each his own

back to drz400s
  9. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    This problem happened with a buddy of mine on a DR650 when the engine completely were drowned with gas mixed with oil. Maybe u need to drain the oil and filter (u can check if ur oil is mixed with gas). Most likely u got ur float stuck in ur carb & need to be maintain. This occurs usualy when the bike is parked for sometime without use/motion.
  10. Gadget678

Gadget678 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's the irony: I was treating it like a trail ride. As I'd never been in Western Australia before, my goals were to have a good look around, and to finish the event... I'd mentioned this to Robin Box (maker of Safari tanks) when I was talking to him one night; his response: "If you go in with that attitude, you're likely to finish top 20." Quite a few riders that pushed hard ended up with a helicopter ride.
    I ended up 18th.
  11. Buckeye105

Buckeye105 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i popped the dipstick and couldnt really smell any gas. I knew i would have to change the oil because of the probibilty of gas mixing with the oil, but i didnt know it would affect how the bike ran that much.
  12. jrknecht

jrknecht SM for the win!

Oddometer:
    I had the same thing with my DR350, the petcock was left on and the float needle stuck open. The gas literally filled up the carb and intake and proceded to siphon past the piston rings filling up the oil res. and then out the exhaust. the oil was extremely thin as the gas had greatly diluted it. best to just swap it out.

JR
  13. TIGERRIDER007

TIGERRIDER007 North GA RAT

Oddometer:
    Some of you guys may know some buddies that might be thinking of trading their Z for a DR,
    The more I read in here, the more I've got to have a DRZ...so let your buddy know I have a clean DR650 to trade...:evil

It seems the Z is more dirt worthy and it has the better suspension, but you all know this...so, on to more interesting topics...
  14. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking about a rear for the DR, so is this company/tire new?
    :huh
  15. The Recycled Teenager

The Recycled Teenager Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Well done, sounds like you had fun, always a good thing :clap:clap
  16. effensteve

effensteve Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:

Sweet man! I was just getting ready to order one of these, even though I have a brand new 606 on the shelf. It looks like they are priced the same as a 606 on sale though, about a hundred bucks. I noticed some bigger bikes riding them and getting about 2500-3000 miles on them, and I only ever get about 2500 off of the 606 anyway :puke1. Give us a brief report when you get back so I can finalize my order with confidence.
  17. Gadget678

Gadget678 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They've been around in Oz-traylia for several years now. Have a look at their web site.... there's some really good information about the compunds and build of their tyres (natural rubber!), plus a 'selection' outline that explains the differences in the MOTOZ tyre range.
    http://www.motoz.com.au/shop_content.asp?p=tyredesign
  18. TIGERRIDER007

Oddometer:
    Got it, I think I'll try a rear tire and see how it holds up...thanks!
  19. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    U might wanna hold ur order or get different tire (but it's ur desicion afer all). Today i rode 82.5 miles off road on the dial.
    [​IMG]
    This is what happen to Motoz Tractionator after only 82 miles DANG :eek1:eek1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Chuck of rubber come off easely it's seems this tire is "1 ride tire":huh...
    The last 20 miles i had to work extra hard to keep the shiny side up the rear end was all over the place especially in sand washes:eek1...
    I have a new Pirelli XCMS on the front, it handled ok, not what i expected though. I am going back to Maxxis desert I/T for the rear and Pirelli Pro-all FIM on the front ASAP.
  20. TerraUnFirma

TerraUnFirma Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer:
    What pressure were you running?