Nascar 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RedRocket, Nov 29, 2012.

1. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:

They fixed the tandem racing at Daytona. But it sure looked like single file was the only way to go. The low line wasn't working.
  2. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

It was super boring, yawn.

I still say the only way to fix NASCAR is to ban pitting under yellow, make them drive it in there under speed every time...you can't shake up spec racing on the track, shake it up in the pits.
  3. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap
  4. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    all those good ol boys let a girl out qualify them
  5. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

Very impressive, she got the #1 spot last year in Nationwide too. I really liked that ghost feature they had on tv today, she did her homework and kept the car right in the fast part of the track.
  6. KemoSabe1943

KemoSabe1943 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Man, it was good to see Danica with that big smile and personality! I was shocked. For the most part, the drivers were BORING for the past several years; prima donnas, many unsmiling, uncaring about being a 'good ole boy'. Some were good. I like Bayne in that Wood's Bros. 21, and hope he kicks butt at Daytona again. He's alright! I"m liking being able to find Chevys/Fords and Dodges now. I hope the Toyota's Wreck!!!
  7. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    So where are the creeps who said she can't drive now?

:lol3
  8. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think she just proved anybody can race a car..:deal
  9. Rapid One

Rapid One The name says it all

Oddometer:
    Give it a try Babalooie...
  10. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    The fix is in!:deal:puke1
  11. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    My prediction is that she runs well at Daytona but not anywhere else this season. (Although her driving at Road America last season in Nationwide was impressive.)

How she does in the big race depends upon Thursday. If she escapes with her car intact -- a huge if -- then she ought to run somewhere near or at the front for a while because she appears to have a good package and she likes the track. If she wrecks then it's race over.
  12. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    Danica hasn't raced anything yet this year. Getting the pole is nice. She and the other top six will start the Daytona race regardless what happens in the duels on Thursday. It is possible a high profile driver won't make the race this year, so it is a relief to those that are in.

Her Stewart-Hass #10 is basically a HMS chassis and engine. And all three SHR cars have a ton of raw speed. That won't mean much when the race starts, but it's better than being a little underpowered, like the Fords seem to be this year.

If she wins at Daytona, that should be great for NASCAR. As was her qualifying run.

The next two races at Las Vegas and Phoenix will be a better indicator of her stock car progress. I don't think anyone expects her to finish the year in the top 10, but she should end up somewhere in the top 20. I wish her great year.
  13. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd like to see Trevor Bayne steal another 500. Remember his comment on the radio? .... "Are you kidding me?"

I'd like to see Stenhouse emerge too. He has a win it or bin it reputation, but he'll probably always be fast.

Bad Brad will be there too. Amazing what he's done with Penske's cars. Hopefully Lagano can help.
  14. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I thought it only locked in the top 2? I know they changed the top 35 in points deal this year, but I'm pretty sure most of the top guys are still guaranteed a start position.
  15. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
    The top two qualifiers will start on the 1st row. The next four qualifiers are guaranteed a starting spot but their positions won't be decided until after the duels. I don't remember if this is the way it worked last year or not.

The rest of the field is "sort of" decided by finishes in the duels. But I don't really understand how the final 4 or 5 spots are handed out. Last years points come into play, somehow. :ear ...and the past champion provisional.

A lot of weird things would have to happen for any of the top drivers to miss the race, but it is possible.
  16. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    I've only watched the first 7 laps so far (recording it.) But it looked like the inside was losing about a car length per lap. Hot track or cold track, there's only one groove and it's the outside.

That means pole position is actually a handicap, since it puts the car on the inside with little hope of breaking into the outside train.
  17. DirtFarmer

DirtFarmer Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer:
    She had her choice of inside or outside, why her and Stewart were inside only makes me wonder. Inside was having problems all through the Sprint Unlimited last weekend.

Being conservative so you don't wad up and loose the pole is one thing, loosing the draft twice is another.

These cars are are a handful, what little in-car they showed looked grim. Nascar cannot fix plate racing. They can fix the tracks (Daytona & Talladega). Jayski will probably post the carnage count from speed weeks, they should post the millions of dollars of damage. Edwards now has been in four wrecks.
  18. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Just finished watching the duels, not good. The two car bump draft from last place like we had before was much more interesting to watch. That fully sucked.

Interesting how the only thing that caused anything worth watching was green flag pit stops during the second race. :deal
  19. wxwax

wxwax Excited Member

Oddometer:
    In the second race Jeff Gordon had the outside and led thru the first pit stop, would have won the race if he hadn't broken the pit lane speed limit. It was single file racing.

Thanks, didn't know that pole had the choice. I would guess that Sunday she'll take the outside. I have no problem if they wanted to protect their cars in the shootout. Nothing to gain, everything to lose.
  20. vettex2

vettex2 X-Racer

Oddometer:
    Danica can outdrive all the haters
    and
    she looks GOOD in a swimsuit