Central Valley Dual Sport Rides more fun good times

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dsrider, Jul 18, 2007.

1. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    I had a great time yesterday guys, even though we couldn't find star lakes:huhWe now know a lot of the dirt around star lakes though, and where not to find star lakes:lol3 I got home around 6:15, left North Fork after sundown:vardy...wasn't too bad once we got out of the hills & back down into the valley.:jose

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    I know the way but was in Baja racing..
  3. coarsegoldkid

coarsegoldkid Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    If you take the Mt. Raymond road out of Fish Camp you come to the signed junction to Star Lakes. I've seen the sign a few times but have never taken the road. I think what you have pictured is called Iron Lakes.
  4. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    First off. Great ride.:clap Second....well doesn't matter. :DGot home at 5:47. Jp you must have hauled...:kboomor your visit was short. Clocked my trip at 203 miles. We now know how many ways not to get to star. But we also know a few good camp spots now too.:kumbaya The coast has some weather moving in tonight...so maybe we might get some rain or snow up high. I know it limits the riding but we need it!
  5. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Just a couple of short vids from the Iron/Star Lakes area.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/n4S6Uie4cbE" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="480"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rdkQJf38Tzc" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="480"></iframe>
  6. piedralone

piedralone SoilSampleCollecter

Oddometer:
    Nice video JP, I wanted to go but just got the BRP back and wasn't sure it was repaired. I think it is, intermittent CDI failure. :clap I am heading to the desert t day weekend with the other Justin, I remember there was some chatter about some others going. Is that still the case? I am still not sure what part we are heading for heading for.
  7. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will be there in Cal city on Friday thru Sun.

Wife and friends will be in a VERY red four door jeep, most of us will be on bikes (kids). If you see the Jeep, ya found us.
  8. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    KimBoy,

I think I saw you Sunday morning on lower Auberry Rd. near Copper. That helmet is hard to miss. I was the one in the blue Mazda CX-9 waving to you. :wave

We were headed to the Color Me Rad 5K run at Woodward Park, otherwise I would of been joining you guys. I am kind of glad you guys didn't find the route into Star Lakes since it is on my list and maybe you will have to try again and I might be able to make it.:lol3

Scrambleon
  9. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    This is what we need to find. Stupid directions say take 5S48 to 5S26....we were all over the 5S48 but couldnt find it, although we didn't take the 5S48C offshoot because it seemed to be heading the wrong direction, but hell that must have been it:1drink

[​IMG]
  10. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    That was me!:D Sorry didn't see ya. Most of that early ride was spent thinking how cold my fingers were. If weather permits I may try for star lakes on Mon or tues coming up. How was the color run? Last person I knew who did that forgot towels for the ride home in the car...little messy. :fitz
  11. coarsegoldkid

coarsegoldkid Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Trackday = awesome

Going into work at a reasonable rate ... Disappointing. Haha. Hoping to have some pics I know some video got shot too. Definately picked up the pace since my last day there. Didnt go down damn near high sidded myself to the moon once but managed to save it. Good times!
  13. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    Good Job Monti! Every time (I've only gone once :p) I've come home from the track I have a real hard time being thrilled with the public road pace.

Awesome pictures JP.
  14. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Pretty sure Star Lakes is now out of reach for the season:cry I looked at the Sentinel Dome webcam this morning which is at 8k ft., and there's a good amount of snow. S. Dome is about 10 miles north of Star Lakes. The Shaver lake webcam shows no signs of snow, only rain.

It's officially desert riding season:clap

Thanks, that gives me a pretty good idea of where it is now, we were very close.:1drink
  15. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    not yet.. there is nothing forcast for 10 days ! the incoming mono winds may evaporte alot of that 4 or 5 inches of snow by the middle of next week leaving it looking like the photos from the trip last weekend. We may get up till the middle of December before it is totally closed from snow,
  16. chip

chip Follow Me

Oddometer:
    Dove springs this sat and sun. Leaving Fri, if any of you posers want to ride some desert...
  17. C_S

C_S Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quick vid of trail from a couple weeks ago, up above Gaggs Camp. Good fun, perfect dirt, though we did hit a bunch of snow in the shade/North aspects. Probably not rideable after that last storm.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/80009033" width="500" height="375" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/80009033">Just another trail in the Sierra</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1687483">Craig Saunders</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
  18. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    I wish.

Daddy duty this weekend. Have fun!
  19. Luuth

Luuth Riding

Oddometer:
    That looks fun Craig!
  20. ffjmoore

ffjmoore Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I didnt get to do any rides this year with you guys but i have been actively recruiting. I got one of my buddies to by a DRZ400. We did one ride from strawberry to bald mountain and he was hooked. I took another friend out this weekend just to put around by the river and he is now going to sell his roadstar and look for a dual sport. Something in the 600 range. While he rode i filmed with my hexacopter.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ghSZeEFqWIQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>