2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Some Dude

Some Dude what attitude problem???

Oddometer:
    As long as I don't have to square off with a 950 Adv throwing a roost trying to get back on course straight at me into a 90 degree turn I'll be fine! :lol3
  2. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    We've had a bit of rain around here, and the Pine trees are starting to wake up. Had a wee bit of yellow pollen on the picnic table. I figure by rally time, the yellow clouds should be in full effect.

Two things we have plenty of around here, sand and pine trees.
    Make sure your allergy meds are packed!
  3. Locker43

Locker43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll lay that one on Anders..."just ignore the Red Bull arch, it's just a photo op"! You wouldn,t believe how into the woods I got without hitting anything!
  4. Hypermofo

Hypermofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Isn't that the truth! Awesome pic...
  5. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    I've been on the receiving end many times, know exactly what you mean:lol3
    I may sit this one out and just watch the show and play media guy!
  6. Truckin_Thumper

Truckin_Thumper low profile

Oddometer:
    Anders,

Make an event like this in Texas!

:clap

P.S. fuck CrankeeDayankee. :lol3
  7. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Shut your hole midget:lol3. Bring your slow as back to Sandblast, I wanna hear you cry after my cousins smoke you:lol3
  8. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    What does it take to create a new event? or to add a RallyMoto class to an existing rally? :ear

Seems like a logistical act of God.
  9. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
    You, too, could run your own event. Just have to pick out 60-100 miles worth of worthwhile roads, and convince a bunch of people it s going to be great so they'll volunteer to the end. Anders has a few spreadsheets detailing budgets and paperwork to hand to municipalities and landowners. Not an act of god, but kind of approaches miraculous. :D
  10. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Rally in a box
  11. drc42

drc42 Rally Dreamer

Oddometer:
    :clap Woo Hoo!!! My Yamaha lives again :clap

Not sure what the problem was, might have just been a loose connection. After fiddling with things for a while I got a strong spark again, put in some fresh gas and it fired right up.

Found a good used lower tripple clamp to replace my bent one on ebay so need to put that on now. Frame is still tweaked but hopefully it will still ride straight, won't kno until I get it back together and ride it. Worst case this will be my new woods bike and I will find another one to be the new rally bike.

So, as long as work doesn't get in the way I should make it to Sandblast. :D
  12. crankshaft

Oddometer:

Good news Doug, glad it was an easy fix!

Been working on my 690 this weekend and I'm almost ready for SB.

[​IMG]
  13. Some Dude

Oddometer:
    I'd rather be in his roost then see him heading at me throwing a roost! :lol3

That's what I'm talking bout Willis!!!! heheh

At least once I figured out he was standing off to the side and trying to walk it up I felt a little better, problem was I already washed the front going into the same corner trying to figure out what the hell was going on about 60' before I got too him.
  14. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    That corner is tricky, a few people have burned in there. If you read the tree line, it looks like the road keeps going straight but ends up being a chicane of sorts with a slight elevation change. I always remind myself to start slowing down after the little culvert jump/hump in the straight away. So many roads to memorize:lol3

It's been three years since I raced BRS, can't believe it's been that long. I hope to race a car there this year in the Rallysolo class, if not I'll ride the bike again I guess. Well, unless Unadilla is the same weekend again:lol3
  15. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    There's are some great Road Enduros in central OH that cover 120-200 miles of all gravel. As many curves and as much elevation change as Rally WV if not more. There are about 12 million people within a 2 hour drive. Seems plausible.
  16. Some Dude

Oddometer:
    do you have a Computrac franchise near you? There is one here just north of Urban Atlanta and they will do a gazillion measurements on your frame and chassis to determine where the bend(s) are and basically put it in a jig of sorts and pull/press it back into shape.
  17. Locker43

Locker43 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Quit your bitchin', couldn't do a proper paper work for a while as both wrists were busted! Damn Beemer guys!:D
  18. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah, Kent's the man!!! Just saw the new shop, I was bumed they left Jasper. See you at SB Bobby:wave.

Doug, glad the Yama is back on track!!!:freaky Maybe look for Dr John for frame shite.
  19. GingerKid

GingerKid How about that self...

Oddometer:

Oooh me, me! Haha, I remembered it last year. I slowed down after the guys sitting at that small jump in the straightaway. I wasn't taking any chances that time. My poor leg still aches when it rains. That was the sweetest bruise ever though.

I hope it's not the same weekend. I missed you guys! :(
  20. AWM

AWM Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: