New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    I wonder if that 34 liter top box could be fit to a WR250X with a quick disconnect?

Has anyone done it?
  2. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    Introducing Caribou ValueMax side luggage system.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    On a tight budget? Looking for a great deal? Just plain stingy? Your search has ended. Introducing the new Caribou ValueMax side luggage system based on the Seahorse 720 case. The Seahorse 720 case features a tight fitting lid with a silicon gasket seal for waterproofness, easy press-and-pull latches with key locks, and an advanced polypropylene resin for strength, durability and light weight....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We pre-install our innovative internal elastic retention straps and lid lanyards so these are truly motorcycle-ready.
    [​IMG]

We&#8217;ve designed a strong but low cost attachment system compatible with Givi Monokey & SW Motech side luggage racks (racks sold separately). This semi-bolt on attachment does require a wrench to tighten two M6 bolts, so not as quick-attach as our top-of-the-line systems (and no break-away feature), but a significant cost and weight savings with only a little less convenience. Just slip the case onto the rack and install two M6 Screws and Nylock nuts at the top of the rack...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Button head M6 screws and fender washers inside the case...
    [​IMG]

The Value-Max side luggage is also available bundled with our DIY Quick Attach-Release side case system kits for Givi, Hepco Becker and SW Motech EVO racks.

At 26 liters per case you&#8217;ll have just enough capacity for touring if you pack &#8220;light & right.&#8221; The price is about the same or less than a good set of soft bags so you don&#8217;t have to give up the security, waterproofness and protection of hard cases in order to keep your motorcycling budget under control. This is a great solution for single cylinder dual sport bikes that you don't want to wheigh down with a big heavy set of luggage. Also great for commuters. We pre-drill the cases for your convenience, and installing the hardware (lower cleats) to the back of the case takes just a few minutes. Please note the ValueMax (Seahorse 720) cases do not have the lifetime guarantee of our other cases, but a replacement case is inexpensive, and they are Made in the USA!

<o:p></o:p>
    Here are the specs for the Caribou ValueMax case (note that method of external measurement may include latches and hinges):
    Ext. Dimensions Internal Dimensions Weight <o:p></o:p>
    Seahorse SE720 20.7&#8221; x 17.2&#8221; x 8.5&#8221; 18.9&#8221; x 14.4&#8221; x 7.7&#8221; 10lb 4oz
    The new ValueMax Caribou luggage side case systems are available immediately for most adventure touring and dual sport bikes such as BMW, Ducati, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha. Top cases will be available soon as well. Soon we will offer the Givi side racks from our web site so you will have one-stop-shop convenience. Please visit www.cariboucases.com . Look under the catefgory here... http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=Catalog&mode=d&id=030

Thank you!

-roger
  3. Digger1

Digger1 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If anyone is interested, I've posted an extensive account of fitting Caribou bags to my 2007 KLR650 here. You need to register on the KLR650.NET forum to see this, but no worries....they will not spam you.

If you have any comments, please post them to the KLR650.NET thread I've provided the link for (above), as I will not be checking on this "ADVrider" thread.

Cheers!
  4. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Announcing several new products from Caribou Luggage Systems:

Complete Side Luggage Pannier Systems are now available for the new Honda NC700X. Case sizes available in 35L, 36L and 40L with all the standard features of Caribou Pelican/Storm/SKB based luggage systems. Complete system includes removable Hepco Becker "Lock-It" side racks. Here are some photos of the 35L cases on the new Honda....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the BMW F650GS/DAKAR (2005 and newer), and the G650GS/Sertao we now offer our side luggage systems with both types of Hepco Becker racks- The "Lock-It" removable racks in black powder coat for those that want to easily remove the side racks for the clean uncluttered look of the bike...
    [​IMG]

and the regular solid bolt-on system in silver powder coat...
    [​IMG]

Finally, we are now offer ROK Straps as a compliment to our low profile powder coated steel tie down brackets. For those of unfamiliar with these innovative straps, they are 1" wide, flat, strong, have a quick release buckle, are adjustable up to 6', and have a short section of elastic strap to allow for a little load shift without things getting loose. They are far safer than regular eye injury prone full elastic tie down cords.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Please visit www.cariboucases.com for more information and to order. Thank you!

-roger
  5. fjryan

fjryan Traveler

Oddometer:
    I'm almost sold on getting a 34 Liter top case for my GS Adventure but I'm curious if I'll be able to swap out the 34L cube case that comes with the set with a 36L Storm case that I've had for a while without having to move the QFS brackets on the cargo plate. I've seen some earlier posts that say that the brackets set in different places for the different cases. Is that the case?
  6. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    You can use the QFS (Quick Fasten System) for both the 34L and 36L cases on the same cargo plate on most bikes, BUT not on the 1200GS Adventure because there is an interference problem unfortunately. I'll think about it some more, there may be a way that I have not considered.

-roger
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    nice work. alot of guys on smaller bikes like that 25-26L side case size.

have you considering asking cee baileys if they'll produce liners for that 25/26L size?

8. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    The only way I can see to do this is to use this kit for the 36L case.... http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=Catalog&mode=i&item=000372

It is a DIY kit but one for the more mechanically inclined. Hope this helps.

-roger
  9. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Hi Eakins,

The goal for the Value-Max Seahorse line of cases is to offer hard cases at a very low price so that riders get the waterproofness, security and protection of hard cases at a cost of a good set of soft bags. The inner bags would add considerably to the cost of this set-up. We do offer 25L Pleican and 26L Storm side cases as well, so perhaps we can come up with something low cost for all of these smaller capacity cases. I'll look into it.

BTW - Every time I see "Eakins" I can't help but think of Bud Ekins.
  10. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    I didn't see any info on your site about the 25L pelican setup. I'd love to use the same 25L caribou pelican top box as side cases if possible? I just don't need or want as much space as those huge 35's. A top loading 25L side case setup would be even better for my Tiger 800???
  11. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    We have a couple of options for Pelican 25L (1520) side case systems, one designed for the Givi side racks here... http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=Catalog&mode=i&item=000329

and one for SW Motech racks here...
    http://cariboucases.com/store/?name=Catalog&mode=i&item=000330

We don't have a 25L top loading case.

Hope this helps, thank you.

-rog
  12. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
  13. TekurRides

TekurRides Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested in the 34L B&W top box. Any discounts or offers on it?
  14. reenmachine

reenmachine Rain or Shine

Oddometer:
    I'm about to get a 1st gen Yamaha FZ1 (2004). Any conceivable way to adapt my 36L cases from my 2011 G650GS to it?

I'm sure it's a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask.
  15. rc51owner

rc51owner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Peter,

Since Caribou Cases sell Hepco Becker racks for the Triumph 1200 Explorer, I thought I might ask you whether these racks are symetrical or whether the non-exhaust side sits closer to the bike? One other question - what is the width of these racks on my bike?

Regards,

M
  16. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Sorry, but I am not finding Hepco Becker side racks for your bike. It appears Givi doesn't make a set of "PL" type racks either. Thank you for checking.

-roger
  17. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    The rack is only about 1/2" further out on the exhaust side. The total width on the bike is 38" with a set of our 35L, 36L or 40L cases.

Thank you.

-roger
  18. reenmachine

reenmachine Rain or Shine

Oddometer:
    I do see a PL349 on Givi's site for this bike. Does that mean anything?
  19. rc51owner

rc51owner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Roger and sorry for calling you Peter. :)

Regards,

M
  20. VitSports6

VitSports6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Another very pleased customer, Here!
    I only bought 2 1550 cases with the liner and some SOLAS tape, Everything was perfect and shipped quickly.
    Many thanks! :freaky