Central Valley Dual Sport Rides more fun good times

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dsrider, Jul 18, 2007.

1. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    Taking the kids? That would be a cool dad thing to do.
  2. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Hey Matt, nice to have a spotter pilot.:lol3

I'll PM wrk2surf to see if he can be our guide, he knows that area like his backyard. I've only been up there once, we took the Sugarpine trail from near Bass Lake up to the Star Lake jeep trail...if Mike can't go maybe Justin can map out tracks?:evil
    Where should we meet on Sunday? Time? My brother Jack might go.
    He's been jonesing to get on that 450 in the dirt.
  3. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    Jonesing. Yup good feeling. You think you could make Prather off hwy 168 at 9-930? Meet at shell station there. Then ride up Auberry road into Northfork and bass lake area to surgar pine. If ya got another spot chime in.:1drink
  4. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Shell station in Prather? Is there a good place to park the truck/trailer? What's the cross street @ 168?
  5. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    Shell station is at intersection of auberry rd and hwy 168. Lots of parking for truck/trailer combo close by. Sorry I'm not as talented as Jp throwing up gps maps on here yet. :rofl
  6. theredrocket23

theredrocket23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I may, my bike is not quite done but if all goes well it should be ready to go for a easy ride Sunday to see how it run's.
  7. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Hah... Funny you say that, sooooo looking forward to taking the munchkins one day. Not this time but maybe in two or three years I can find an nsr and git my oldest out there for a few laps.
  8. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:

Perry,

If you stage near Auberry & 168 you will still have about 20 miles to get to northfork, but you will get to ride powerhouse rd. If you don't want to ride all that pavement I'm sure you guys can park at my friend Cliff's house just outside of Northfork..........
  9. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Auberry&168 works for me, 9-930 @ the Shell station it is...
    If its just me, I might just ride the 640 from Visalia, Jack is a maybe.
    If I do ride from Visalia, I'll meet up with JP at his house...
  10. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    What Jp said. I first thought you were riding the whole way up Perry. Figured on a meeting spot between Clovis and auberry. It's a lot of slab. Trailer does change things. I can meet you guys between Clovis area to Prather so we can ride up to northfork. I didn't want force you into riding a ton of slab solo. More fun together.
  11. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:

Nice! Start them young. :clap
  12. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Got your text Perry. Wasn't sure what it was at first as nothing came through. Then I noticed an attachment that my phone cant open so I forwarded it to my email & saved the file to my desktop. Google says its a "Dropped Pin", that is some sort of mapping software I guess. Couldn't open the file on my PC so I dragged it into a Post Script editor to see the "code" subsequently finding a google map address in the text which I copied & plugged into my web browser.

Exhibit A-

BEGIN:VCARD
    VERSION:3.0
    PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iOS 6.1.4//EN
    N:;Dropped Pin;;;
    FN : Dropped Pin
    item1.ADR;type=HOME;type=pref:;;29471 Auberry Rd;Prather;California;93651;United States
    item1.X-ABADR:us
    item2.URL;type=pref:http://maps.apple.com/?lsp=9902&sll=37.038274\,-119.514387&q=29471%20Auberry%20Rd\,%20Clovis\,%20CA%20%2093651-9719\,%20United%20States
    item2.X-ABLabel:map url
    END:VCARD

<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=29471+Auberry+Rd%5C,+Clovis%5C,+CA++93651-9719%5C,+United+States&sll=37.036378,-119.522365&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=29471+Auberry+Rd,+Clovis,+California+93619&ll=37.036378,-119.522365&spn=0.006851,0.013937&t=m&z=14&output=embed" width="425" frameborder="0" height="350" scrolling="no"></iframe>
    <small>View Larger Map</small>

LOL, I may not have a smart phone, but I can still figure shit out:lol3
  13. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Sounds good to me:freaky
  14. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Yep, you nailed it !:lol3
  15. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    The shell gas station is about where the "a" is on Prather on that map. Knew Jp could get a map up for us. Thanks. :wink: looks like I will meet you guys in Prather then. I'll be there by 915:thumb
  16. mudpig

mudpig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If you are interested in learning about the brewing process and home brewing in general come on out to the San Joaquin Worthogs Homebrew c...lub meeting today from10:00-4:00pm. It's where I got my start in my brewing. We have many great brewers brewing awesome beer that are more than willing to help you get started. The meeting is going to be held conveniently at Bencomos Homebrew Supply (address below).

www.sjworthogs.com
    Bencomo's Homebrew Supply
    Lecture Style: Munich Dunkel
    Demo: Extract Demo:evil
  17. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    See you boyz in the morning....

Is it just the three of us?
  18. KimBoy

KimBoy Cloud Chaser

Oddometer:
    For those riding tomorrow. Didn't see much of anything for weather on the mts on my way into fresno at 8pm. Snow does not seem likely at higher elevations as forecasted. See ya guys in Prather!:D
  19. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    I think my brother is going to join us, we'll see if he shows up at my place around 8:1drink
  20. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Great ride today! We need to explore that area some more...
    Those were some fun trails.:D