Trans Pyreneaca

Discussion in 'Europe' started by NikiDc, Mar 1, 2013.

1. NikiDc

NikiDc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey fellow riders,

A long time I have been wondering what trip to take this summer.
    After a lot of nights watching your trip reports I have dicided to take it up the Pyrenees and do a trans pyrenees tour. With as much gravel, dirt as I could take.
    I'm not a very experienced offroad rider so nothing really hard. Just dirth roads.
    Has anyone tracks for gps I could have. That would be verry nice since I don't have a clou which roads are restricted, open, to difficult etc.
    I have a xt660r so not a real enduro. So it would be GS like roads.

If anyone has tips and or tracks it would be super!

Thanks!

Niki
  2. Harty

Harty Bloody Good Bloke!

Oddometer:
  3. WIBO

WIBO Will it buff out?

Oddometer:
  4. The Spanish Biker

The Spanish Biker The Essential Companion to Biking in Spain

Oddometer:
    Hi Harty, et al,

I've had a few enquiries about this route over the last few days so it's worth a mention here as well as I guess this may be where they have originated.

The Spanish Caminos Naturales and GR routes in general are geared towards hiking - and in this case cycling too. So much of the route is prohibited to motors, certainly all the bits I know personally. I'm certain that there are some sections in the 1,000 kms trajectory that are free for all as your mate found - but I can't open the Facebook report so can't say where they are.

Nor does the Ebro really touch the Pyrenees at all - you can just see them in the distance on clear days from Zaragoza, which is just about the nearest point the river Ebro ever gets to the Pyrenees!

Please don't get me wrong - all advice is welcome after all and I'm certainly not claiming to be anything more than an interested enthusiast - but are you recommending this or another route for the Pyrenees?

More positively, long distance routes in Spain are more usually called 'cañadas'. These are ancient drovers routes and are worth very serious consideration. 'Camino' means both a path or lane as well as a route asa whole, e.g. the Camino de Santiago, known in English as the Way of Saint James, is the pilgrim's route to Santiago de Compostela in Galicia.

Regards

Simon, aka baffled of Spain :)
  5. Rose

Rose Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  6. ata

ata expat in the jungle

Oddometer:
    <iframe frameBorder="0" src="http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatialArtifacts.do?event=view&id=2092342&measures=off&title=off&near=off&images=off&maptype=S" width="500px" height="400px"></iframe>

or

<iframe frameBorder="0" src="http://es.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatialArtifacts.do?event=view&id=1608077&measures=off&title=off&near=off&images=off&maptype=S" width="500px" height="400px"></iframe>
  7. mrfandangle

mrfandangle Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Those look awesome. What are there titles/areas on Wikiloc please? Done lots of trawling through Wikiloc but not found these. Or are they a compilation of several routes? Very interested as am in the pyrenees/spain area in September on my 990 adventure. thaks
  8. ata

ata expat in the jungle

Oddometer:
    just click on the search button typing "transpirenaica" for trail bikes

like THIS

but the search only works in spanish, don´t know why :dunno
  9. luloadventure

luloadventure - LULO -

Oddometer:
    Too many roads are closed :muutt tp can complete this TRAIL...

... but if you come to do this TRAIL, good luck & i´m waiting your Report :lurk
  10. gmanski

gmanski =)

Oddometer:
    How do you know there are many roads closed luloadventure?
  11. luloadventure

luloadventure - LULO -

Oddometer:
    To many roads cross private farms, natural parks...

... the Transpy have to many options on-off, but the original is not easy to do, good luck!
  12. Beer

Beer 950 SE

Oddometer:
    Ive got some GPS routes that a friend sent me following his trip in 2013 - not done them myself but happy to send them to you if you drop me a pm

cheers.

EDIT - just realised the thread was started in March last year!!
  13. The Spanish Biker

The Spanish Biker The Essential Companion to Biking in Spain

Oddometer:

Feeling bored while I was wheelchair bound last year I summarised the main laws here.

Regs

Simon