SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Spidi - on track

Spidi - on track Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Stegs,

Mondo Jacket has been quite popular 5-6 years ago. A modern equivalent is Voyager 2 if you want a 2-layers, or Venture if you prefer a 3-layers (better for 4-seasons riders).
    If you better prefer a High Visibility one, you go with all-new Voyager H2, featuring CE certified EN471 High Visibility fabric.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  2. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Motu,

this is a very cool picture, seems like this jacket has a lot of adventures on its shoulders. Reflective pipes still working, buttons and zips ok: a very good test result! Vey good Motu, we wait for a second Spidi jacket review in 2020.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
    Tigra82 likes this.
  3. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    Matteo, any chance you can get some real life pics of the "Multitech" pressure suit / jacket? This one has my interest for summer dual sporting. Thanks!
  4. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Dear Flux,

Multitech Armor is one of Spidi preferred items; you can wear it alone (during warm times) or under another shield (in cold weather). Name cames from Multitech Serie CE certified protectors on shoulders and elbows, combined with Warrior Back protector and Warrior Chest protector. Here are some images of Multitech Armor "in action" during an expedition named "CAPO", where 5 new Super Tenerè ride from North Cape to Kenya and Tanzania bringing water and solidarity to open a school and a water well. The expedition has been backed from Spidi, Yamaha and Arai among others, and has seen Multitech Armor worn in every condition, from icy northern countries to hottest Kenya. You see here a yellow customization "CAPO" which is not on standard products.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  5. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Thanks for those pics! And a great cause too. This jacket is just what I've been looking for: a mix between pressure suit and jacket.

Sizing question: I'm 6'3" and 185 lbs. Want it snug but not super tight. Def not loose. Size large be ok?
  6. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Based on my experience with Spidi, you'll need XL or XXL. Matteo will confirm.
  7. Shane Stump

Shane Stump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Matte,

What Spidi jacket / pants is the best

1) 4 season combination

2) Outer shells when vents are closed is waterproof (i.e. waterproofing not done through a liner)

3) Very breathable in a hot / humid summer (South East Texas)!

Best Regards,

Shane
  8. pottie

pottie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got a chance to score Ergo Pants 05 and Love it....
    Very comfortable and love those multitech knee protection...
  9. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Flux,

XXL will be good for you in Spidi Multitech Armor (and thanks Gadget Boy for the suggestion).
    Normally you could wear an XL, but Multitech Armor fits quite tight.
    I remind you can wear it also under another jacket, you just have to take off the protectors from the external jacket of course.

As additional information, you see from picture they're using K-Net,

[​IMG]
    which are external Knee Protectors (Multitech serie) that you can wear over any kind of trousers, very useful when you ride your casual jeans everyday to work and you don't like to be bother by all-day protectors.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  10. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Shane.

What you ask is basically the perfect adventure kit.
    This has been Spidi's target for many years; a research beginning in 1997 with the first Ergo 365 jacket, the first one made with 3 separate layers, completely separate and removable: a revolution for that time. Evolving materials, protection and components, Spidi has now in collection 2 levels of Ergo jacket : the Ergo 05 and the Ergo 365 Pro Expedition.
    Ergo 05 is a real 4-seasons jacket, with waterproof breathable H2out removable lining, removable 150 grams/sq. mt. thermal lining, featuring Spidi Biomechanic protectors and many other features (like removable pockets) you can go through in spidi.com. You can combine them with Ergo Trousers, featuring same materials and construction. Retail price is 599 US.

[​IMG]

Ergo 365 Pro Expedition is the latest evolution of Ergo family. Launched in 2010, is already becoming a masterpiece in the adventure market. The biggest improvements compare to Ergo 05 are:
    >CE Certification Level 2 as protective clothing;
    >3M High Visibility Certification;
    >External waterproof fabric;
    >Water container "Hydroback" on the back of the jacket;
    >removable pockets transform in to tank bag;[​IMG]
    >Level 2 Back protector;
    >Chest protector;
    >full front net air intakes.
    More info here
    You can combine with Ergo Pro Pants.

Retail price of Ergo 365 Pro Expedition Jacket will be around 1300 US.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  11. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Thanks to GB and Matteo. Now to save just a few more pennies.
  12. flux_capacitor

Oddometer:
    Next question is does anybody stock the multitech on the north side of Atlanta? No dice so far.
  13. FrozenViking

FrozenViking Thawing

Oddometer:
    Hello Matteo,

I really like the look of the Ergo 05 and the 365 Pro Expedition. The 365 seems like a very nice jacket. My girlfriend didn't quite like the look of the pockets on the front, but luckily I can still make my own choices (or remove them, since that's possible) :-)

I have a couple of questions:
    1. Are these two jackets proper 4-season jackets? I live in northern Norway, where we have tons of rain and a summer temperature that would make most Italians feel like they were in a Hell that has frozen over.
    2. I have a couple of questions about the picture:

[​IMG]
    Is the jacket a perfect fit for the model? ... If so, I think it looks a bit short on both his arms and abdomen. Is the jacket longer in the back, so that it covers more of his ... ass?
    3. Can it be zipped together with the trousers?
    4. Do you have any tests, where you can see how it has performed compare to other jackets/suits?

- Andreas
  14. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Dear Andreas,

first of all let's talk about your girlfriend: she will like you without pockets, as you can remove them all whenever you want (please see picture of left side without pocket here

1.regarding the 4 seasons, Ergo 365 Pro has removable thermal and waterproof/ breathable membrane, but moreover the external shield is itself constructed with a 3-layers fabric. What does it mean? That if you ride in hot weather with external shield only, you still have a waterproof/ breathable jacket. This is the big advantage of Ergo 365 Pro.

2. All Spidi jackets are "riding fit designed": back is always a bit longer (3-6 cms.) than front. Regarding picture model, don't consider it, sizing is quite generous in this item.

3.Yes, it can be zipped to every Spidi pants

4.Kit has just been released, so that there's no test already, but I believe it is enough to say it is most complete and technical in our collection. Also, there are not so many 3-layers CE Level 2 certified jackets in the market at the moment (I believe 2 or 3) so it is very difficult to make a comparison.

Hope to have been clear enough.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  15. Antlerman

Antlerman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I love my Ergo 05 jacket....but am having trouble finding the Ergo 05 pants in "SLIM", size XL. I think the part number is U37-026.

Also, I am tall and would like to confirm waist size range (86--92cm?) and height (183-191cm).

I have heard these are discontinued....but are still available in Italy.

Can you help?

Thanks!
  16. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Dear Antlerman,

Ergo 05 Slim pants are discontinued worldwide.
    If you need a longer pant to join to Ergo I suggest the following:

>Hurricane Long which is 10 centimeters longer than normal size; [​IMG]it features removable H2Out waterproof windproof membrane + inner fixed mesh liner, giving you a four seasons pants.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  17. Antlerman

Antlerman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Matteo,

Thank you very much for the information.

I also like the Ergo Pro pant as it offers the gaiter system with a 20 cm range.

Which size in the Ergo Pro pant should I order to come closest to the waist range of 86-92cm and height of 183-191cm of the Ergo 05 Slim?

Best Regards,

Antlerman
  18. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Dear Antlerman,

Ergo Pro in XL will be good; you need to use the Telescopic Gaiter, being you quite taller compare to your waist.

[​IMG]

Ergo Pro is the most advanced pant in our Touring collection; here's an enhanced picture of the Dinamic Air Vents on the legs, which gives fresh air in to the legs directly, when you take off both the removable membrane and the thermal lining

[​IMG]

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  19. Gimme 2

Gimme 2 wheels , with nobs

Oddometer:
    it's a robbiano design.
  20. ISK

ISK When in doubt, brew-up.

Oddometer:
    Been looking at the 365 jacket and pants here as I need a new all-year, on-off road suit now (see thread elsewhere).
    My big worry is that, despite even the non-pro jacket costing almost £700 here in the UK (!!) it looks to me like the system means in winter here (rain every day) the outer jacket will get sodden. I appreciate the inner layer will keep me dry, but that leaves me doing [ahem] MPH in temps barely above freezing in a jacket soaked with freezing water.
    Seems that if you live in a cold/wet country like this there really isn't a genuine "all year" suit solution, because you need Gore-tex Pro Shell style weatherproofing in winter, and something totally different in the warmer months.
    :-(
    Which is a pity, coz these Spidi jackets look the absolute ***** otherwise and I love them.