NEOhio ADV & TAG!

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by SlipChip, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19142744&postcount=50915

Disclaimer, i did mine in Morrow county
  2. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    Red sticker bikes that were converted incorrectly in CA have had their plates recalled in some cases. There were conversations regarding this on KTMTalk a year or two ago.

This only applies to passenger and commercial vehicles. Motorcycles, personal trailers, maybe others are exempt. If you can't afford to get stickers for everything, choose wisely and you may avoid the fee.

Really? I thought everything 1973 (or something near that) and newer required signals.
  3. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
  4. rxcrider

rxcrider Long timer

Oddometer:
  5. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    There has always been a loophole for converted bikes, the forms had check boxes for required equipment and they never had a box for turn signals. Since they are altering the forms, it's a little fuzzier. I'm working on getting the form standardized across the state and a rule clarification from ODPS.
  6. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I'll see if I can find it while I'm waiting here.
  7. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:

The conversion form doesn't spec out signals but the vehicle code does. I doubt you'd get cited for not having them unless you ride like a jackwagon, but technically they are required to operate the bike on the road, just not to plate the bike.

Edit, gonzo beat me to it
  8. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Yep, found the list again. Headlight,tail light,horn,stop light,turn signals,mirror,and I think reflectors were in there.
  9. dyrtybyrd

dyrtybyrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I agree that 1973 is the first year turn signals were required on motorcycles(street). I had a 1972 Norton Commando(bought it new) and it did not have turn signals. The 1973 models did have them, however. I'm really curious how that 1968 date got in there.
  10. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Not all states have the same year requirements. Here's the actual referenced code. I also noticed there is no reference to lane splitting being illegal, Meef?

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4513.261

http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/Rights/State-Laws.aspx?stateid=35
  11. muddyrabbit

muddyrabbit Lost Boy

Oddometer:
    There's only a couple of states that have laws for or against lane splitting. There's also only a couple of states that have laws about how old kids must be to ride as passenger.
  12. dyrtybyrd

dyrtybyrd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought my bike from an Ohio Norton dealer in 1972. It was legal then, and for the succeeding years I owned the bike. In reading the above code it sounds like it would not be legal now(I no longer have the bike). Is this, in fact, the case? I find it hard to believe.
  13. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    It does seem odd, the code also reads that autos built after 1954 have to have signals and I know damn well there were several British and German cars that didn't have signals til the mid 60's.
  14. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    I'd have to look but I'm fairly sure there is a limitation to number of vehicles that can share a lane abreast of each other, IIRC it is 2 bikes. It may not be specifically referenced for vehicles other than bikes, i.e. 1 bike, 1 car.

Would now be a good time to admit I'm not really a very good cop? I kind of make the rules up as I go. It's been a problem over the years, my captain is always calling me in the office and screaming at me, but the yelling usually ends with "I wish I had more men like you". Then I take a swig from my flask of whiskey, move my Beretta from being tucked into the back of my jeans around to the front, and I go out and break into the South African Embassy with my partner in an effort to get the needed evidence to prove those kaffir hating bastards are actually dealing drugs. Hell, I don't have time to know all the traffic laws with all the real cop shit I do.
  15. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    You need a tv show or another cocktail.
  16. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    Do you also mutter "I'm getting too old for this shit" on a regular basis?
  17. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    That's the other guy!
  18. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Chicago flashes electronic boards telling car drivers to call 911 if they see a moto splitting lanes
  19. ScienceOfDirt

ScienceOfDirt U-Boat Rider

Oddometer:
    Nothing like intentionally overloading the 911 system with a non emergency.
  20. bmoto54

bmoto54 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not sure if this is the right place to put this but want to offer this to local inmates first. It is a Shadow Rider model and works great - I used it to transport dirt bikes. $100.00.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]