S.W. Florida rides

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by DualSportDad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    3 years ago 2 of us were down there (on a weekday) on DRZ's. We were stopped on the side of one road and I saw 2 quads making a bee line towards us. It was 2 NoPo Leo's and at first I thought they were going to give us some crap, but as soon as they noticed both bikes were tagged they were very cordial. They sat there and talked with us for awhile, and just said the area was "open" again, but stay off FPL's right of way near the Interstate and stay out of the big mud holes, and kkep off the roads if you don't have a tag. Since that time I had gone down there a dozen times, both with dirt bikes / quads (staying off the roads) and dual sports.
  2. tommyinbonita

tommyinbonita Adventurer

Oddometer:
    yes south squares first part was legal,last part was gray erea. We didn't see any trespassing signs . It should be drying up enough to ride again soon.
  3. jeffjones

jeffjones "offroad shit"

Oddometer:

anyone got any sat pics or location of this?? I recall seeing something on dixieds one time about it, but can't find it anymore!!

i'm up in port charlotte, but going to be doing some trips south to glades and the keys now that the weather is so nice (had the house all opened up today it was perfect here)

I think i found it on sat pics.. is it a crap load of rectangles bunched together south of 75 and west of 29? whats it like out there? soft sand or semi grassed over 2 track??
  4. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's a bit of everything out there. I'd be willing to bet its mainly water right now. We had a lot of rain this year, I'm afraid this year the water won't go down for a long time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
    Bring the "Big Bikes"! More clearance in the high water! I'll be back down in mid November and ready to lead "South Squares" tours.
  6. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    i'm looking forward to meeting up with you guys again this year. this time it'll be for breakfast and you'll have to call me when you're heading out to lunch so i can ride the slab over to meet ya. i'm already on my way to turning this thing into a dirt bike, adding the cheese grater back on, ULY front fender and fork guards (if they'll bolt on) and the bars and bark busters from the KLX. how long do you think it'll be until i have another dualsport? :lol3
  7. brewmann

brewmann Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, We're looking to do another Wanker ride down there to EC...how are the squares, Janes scenic and loop road looking ? (Sorry, didn't read up...just Boss Hogged' my in and asked..)
  8. astrolump

astrolump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i may head over there this week/weekend. if i do ill report.
    i hear from a sofl FF that janes is rough now and it is still pretty wet back there...in august when i was there the south squares were pretty much underwater...the roads were full of fish even...
  9. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm willing to bet that area stays wet for a while this year. I'll probably be in the area this weekend, I might try and see if the buell can make it down sabal palm.

10. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    i went out to sabal palm Saturday, it was dryer than i thought

[​IMG]

i didn't make it much farther than this... a street bike is not what you want to ride in gravel.
  11. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Nice, clean gravel! Looks like fun!
  12. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was a bit scared. Dirt roads have been no problem but the gravel was sketchy. I'd assume if I had made it to Jane's it would have been smooth sailing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
  13. tommyinbonita

tommyinbonita Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was out there a for a bit today. Surprisingly dry already..
  14. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    The trails were dry to?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
  15. tommyinbonita

tommyinbonita Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mostly passable. You can still easily find mud and water tho.
  16. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    anyone want to do the bikers for babies ride this sunday? Bike night is friday at Harley as well.
  17. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    I just got back in town! Anybody riding this Saturday? Meet for breakfast and go from there?
  18. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll meet you for breakfast but I'll have to head home from there. I'm trying to get ready for the bikers for babies ride Sunday. I have to take the bike back to stock and tune it for the stock setup on Saturday.

Any interest in riding the bikers for babies ride on Sunday? Also I saw the Randy's rondavou I know I spelled that wrong... Ride. If I can swing that I'm in.

19. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Do you have a link for "Randy's Rendezvous"?

I've had bad experiences with charity rides in the past....

I'll see if I can contact Tommy.
  20. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer: