North Georgia Forest - Truck Warning!

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikem9, Jan 31, 2009.

1. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    hey ole biker,:rofl :rofl

its proably held up at the border ,being held hostage for more money like that jacket!!!
    :rofl :rofl
  2. WoovsHoovs

WoovsHoovs RUN SILENT

Oddometer:
    Howdy gang!

Wasn't there a guy in that area that went missing for several weeks, a year~ ago?? And eventually found dead, off in the woods, roadside?

On a klx250 I believe?
    Wonder of old man redranger ran him off the road.

I'd like to catch that fucker alone for just a few minutes.
  3. kdscoates

kdscoates Long timer

Oddometer:
    :dunno rememeber something about this but not sure of the details???
    make ya wonder though???

4. flux_capacitor

flux_capacitor I know a shortcut!

Oddometer:
    That guy was out on an illegal trail and ran into a tree. Since he was on a closed trail it took many days before he was found as rescue teams were not looking there. Nothing to do with this loon.
  5. Gumbeaux

Gumbeaux The Chameleon Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys. I am on a black F650GS. The only one in the rally. I will be near the back of the pack for sure. Just please come out and help me pick this beast up when I plow it into the sand right in front of you.
  6. WoovsHoovs

WoovsHoovs RUN SILENT

Oddometer:
    Hey 10-4 there FLUXITOR:clap
  7. ETrider

ETrider Gawker

Oddometer:

:nod
  8. JPerkins

JPerkins Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What is it about North Georgia and Psychos?

Here's a true story, My girl, her daughter and I were going to the Atlanta drag races and on one of the county roads some guy in an astro van passes me and then brakes hard so I gun it to get around him.

We play cat and mouse for about 15 miles at 80+ mph and he starts getting really crazy. By this time my girl and her daughter are freaking out so I gave her the cell to call 911.

The guy can't keep up and eventually falls off (it was an astro van heh) so we meet up with a deputy at a gas station, give them the info etc.

I called back later and the deputy says the guy claimed that we filled up at a gas station and drove off. What's funny is that when we met with the deputy I had to get gas and filled my tank up with 17gals, about the max. There's no way I could fill up 2x in the space of 30 miles or so.

We would have had to drive all the way back (about 4 hours) to file a report so we let it drop but jeez, lots of people with a lot of anger up there. I'm betting its the Atlanta traffic and inbreeding...just kidding..about the traffic part. heh.
  9. Killer Whale KTM

Killer Whale KTM Life is the adventure!

Oddometer:
    Hi Y'all,
    I also ride 28-1 and 77 all the time. This Sunday also.
    I'm glad everyone is courteous when passing.....cause it's best for all of us. I wait for them to pull over a little and always wave a thank you.I always carry a pistol in my pocket but would hate to get in a shoot out with someone in a truck or car !!:eek1
    I had only one negative incident a yr or two ago when a redneck looking youngish women in a red ford pick up would not pull over and not let me pass:huh .
    I try to be nice to the bicycles and horses etc. so maybe they will be nice back to us !
    SR, Taurus makes a pistol called the judge...it shoots 410 shotgun shells and 45 cal bullets. Short or long barrels. Judge Patti has a ring to it doesn't it ??:wink:

I really think we need to stick together on this. If someone is threatening my life and I'm thinking about my family at home ...I would not hesitate too defend myself. I hope and pray that this would never happen ! But if we stick together and report this kind of crap maybe the "Bad guy's" will get gone !
    Killer Whale KTM
  10. ARod2000

ARod2000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is a serious issue so I hope it doesn't sound like I'm making light of it........There's no 4 wheeled vehicle on these roads that we can't get away from rather easily. If anyone has a run-in with this clown again just leave. No need to talk sense to him, you can't. No one can. Remember the fella that had an incident with the two teenage girls? He followed them home, most likely to talk with them, and the father shot him in the back?:cry . Very sad situation. And in no way watsoever did he deserve what happened. All I'm saying is some people are intimidated by motorcyclist and a predisposed to believe we want trouble. I think they've seen to many movies.

Safe riding ya'll
  11. olebiker

olebiker Old buzzard bait

Oddometer:
    Yeah the thieving bastards. I am still pissed at them. Hope yer having a better winter than we are up here. The balls sure fell offa the brass monkey last nite.
  12. mikem9

mikem9 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    ARod2000 - I appreciate your comments and that was our first inclination - to get the heck out of dodge, and before this run in, my perception is that we could have easily outrun a truck on our dirt oriented 450's. Most of our group members that day, had off road racing experience (trophy winners) or at the very least extensive enduro style dirt bike experience - Fast guys in the woods. 28 is not a knarly rd. on that section - Pretty smooth, pressed in gravel and gravel sand. That SOB was keeping up pretty well for a while and we were giving it everything we had. He hit the bridge on 28 and bounced got some air and turned a little sideways , landed and kept hauling. Really looked kind of like one of those trucks in the Dakar. It was pretty wild. Next time, I would just high tale it through the woods, but that thought didn't occur to us at the time - we were still kind of in a disbelief situation. My main fear is what if I had been with one of my kids or my wife, which is sometimes the case up there.

Believe me, we are all going to try harder to make sure someone wants us to pass before passing. Also, to go above and beyond to be courteous etc, and to create distance from loonies if anything like this occurs again. But, once you see someone trying to run over your buddies, you feel of obligated to stick with the situation to try and help them. Thats what happened with the back three riders in our group.

Also, many here, trying to be helpful have made suggestions about what to do next. and some of you are wondering what is going on. I'd rather not comment on the internet about specifics, but will when the time is right.
  13. mikem9

mikem9 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Agree. If anyone else runs into this guy, let us know.
  14. ARod2000

ARod2000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear ya man. I wasn't addressing what happened, just for the future. I was getting pissed off reading about this and was thinking if I saw him at a gas station or pulled over to the side of the road that I would stop and talk to him. But after realizing he rides around with a lit fuse I don't think it would even be good to talk to him about it in church! :rofl (not that there's a danger of finding me there anytime soon).

I hope nobody sees him again.
  15. yanni23

yanni23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nobody likes us man, plain and simple. I never ride without this in my Ogio Flight Vest. The mear site of it usually stops the situation dead in it's tracks.

[​IMG]
  16. bombsquad

bombsquad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was up there this Sunday and saw a faded red Ranger on the side of the road on FS77. I was headed up to FS42 to hit Coopers Creek Store but the Rangers were doing training and had the road blocked so I turned around. As I was coming up on the truck the guy just backed out in to the road. He was looking at me when he did it. It wasn't a big deal; I made plenty of room when I went around him. Not sure if it is the same guy. The truck has faded, peeling stripes along the bottom of the door.
    If we could get the tag posted, that will help alot.
  17. GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB

GA. DUALSPORT WANTAB Long timer

Oddometer:
    You should send a PM to mikem9. :thumb
  18. Tripper

Tripper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This incident needs to be reported to the authorities. Someone is going to get seriously hurt or even killed by that bozo.
  19. mikem9

mikem9 Wanderer

Oddometer:
    If you want the tag number, PM me. Faded red, older Ford Ranger. If anyone else has or has had an incident with this vehicle let me know.
  20. x2468

x2468 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    wouldn't it be hard to use a gun with riding gloves?

and it sounds like even if someone in the group had a gun, how would he use it? you were either following the truck or trying to out run it. no chance to really use a gun.