WSP undercover brothers getting trickier

Discussion in 'Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.' started by Pro_Marinero, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Pro_Marinero

Pro_Marinero Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer:
    Yesterday hwy 18 was getting the special love from WSP. There was an early 2000's white Tahoe with no marks which wasn't totally inconspicuous and also a standard marked car. I went through all of that with no issues and was close to Tiger Mountain when I saw a car pull out ahead from the side of the road. I got a little closer and I could see it was a Charger so I figured that was another trooper. I had a guy in a cheesy slammed Nissan pacing me in my blind spot, so I assumed he was eyeing the car too. As we got into the 55 zone heading up Tiger Mt. we kept getting closer to the Charger. I could see black wheels which usually marks the undercover cars but it looked like he had a dealer plate bezel. We pulled a little closer and sure enough it had an Enumclaw dealer plate bezel and radio station and other assorted stickers on the back window and bumper. Both the guy and I made the call at the same time that it wasn't a cop. I downshifted to get by the Nissan next to me and haul ass, but he got on it hard and blew by both me and the Charger. The Charger lit him up and pulled over. I dodged a bullet.

I know this is for "aggressive driving enforcement", but with the number of these stealth rigs out there now it sure seems more like just a revenue grab. Imagine that. :rolleyes
  2. bensgone

bensgone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The big revenue grab will come with photo radar speed enforcement on all of the state highways. I understand sno pass on I-90 already has it, no reason they couldn't and won't put it everywhere.
  3. Tripl Nikl

Tripl Nikl Long timer

Oddometer:
    If they do too much photo enforcement people will start getting "accidently" obscured plates. It takes a real cop to notice and pull a person over for that. I'd prefer that they save cameras for red lights as more and more people just say "eff it!" these days and that's a more serious safety issue in my opinion.

As for unmarked cars, I've seen WSP use non-"cop" cars with regular plates that included registration stickers and misc. plate frames. The WSP really wants to put the "fear" that a Stater could be around into people. In a way, that's not so bad. Maybe people will stop driving like @zzholes at anytime that they think they can get away with it.
  4. HotChilliColdBeer

HotChilliColdBeer Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer:
    It's all downhill from there.
    From the Pass I mean.

Charlie
  5. 1911fan

1911fan Master of the Obvious Supporter

Oddometer:
    There's also a white (?) F250 with a dirtbike in the back. Locally, I got pulled over by a gold, ummm, Impala? or something. No plates, no antennas, and the lights were in the sunvisor and invisible. Until he flipped the visor down and lit me up.
    He was a nice guy, and we had a pleasant conversation abotu my KTM speedometer accuracy. I had though it was reading 8-12 over, and the local shop said it might be but there was no fix. He asked what indicated speed I had when he lit me up, and I said "72". He told me that it was reading correctly, and he probably wouldn't have bothered me at sub-70mph, but when I hit 72mph was when he pulled me over.
    He let me go with a friendly warning to trust my speedo, and told me the next time he caught me it would be a friendly ticket, lol....

1911fan
  6. geezfools

geezfools Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There is a white tahoe'ish WSP along I-5 in the lakewood/JBLM area, all tinted with alpinestars and fox stickers on his windows, he's pretty obvious compared to these other ones, geez
  7. bensgone

bensgone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yesterday am from graham to grand mound I saw four the only marked one was a gold county (pierce?) pu with gold door stars. Sr 7? IDK.

One every ten miles.
  8. dillon

dillon Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer:
    I dont get why some bitch about revenue grabs, you are after all breaking the law and subject to punishment. Dont try to place the blame from you who are doing an illegal/unsafe act on those enforcing the laws.
  9. Jimmy the Heater

Jimmy the Heater Dirt Farmer

Oddometer:
    Spokane has a Burgundy Volvo 850? Station Wagon that takes a sharp eye to see the lights on.

Also around the Palouse 195 corridor there is a green and grey Subaru sedan that's pretty stealthy.
  10. 1911fan

Oddometer:

It's a game. We cheat, they write tickets. Part of life. Those of us who don't want tickets don't break the laws. Of course we bitch because we get caught! It's not fair! :rofl

1911fan
  11. HotChilliColdBeer

HotChilliColdBeer Human Swizzle Stick

Oddometer:
    Word.

I've never been pulled over for 'speeding' when I wasn't 'speeding'.

Charlie
  12. Dorian

Dorian huge carbon footprint

Oddometer:
    Speed and get busted okay. The "bitch" I have is don't feed me bullshit that it's about "safety" when it is really all about revenue.

- Dorian
  13. linkweewee

linkweewee momento mori

Oddometer:
    Because if you live in WA and post on this forum, bitching is the status quo.
  14. tod701

tod701 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Also a blue pickup with a dirtbike being used on I-5 in the Skagit / Whatcom area.
  15. Dorian

Dorian huge carbon footprint

Oddometer:
    During nice weather WSP Cessna orbits over I-5 between Olympia and JBLM with an army of WSP cruisers and MC's staged on on-ramps waiting for instructions on who to swoop in on.
  16. 1911fan

Oddometer:
    He comes over here and works Highway 2 also, not sure where else.

Tip: Fight the ticket. Go to court. The officer who wrote the ticket will be there. You have the right to confront your accuser, who is not the officer who wrote you the ticket. Your accuser is off flying an airplane. The officer in court did not witness the alleged incident, and the court will not summons the pilot. No witness, no crime, case dropped.

This was told to me by a Chelan County judge, FWIW.

1911fan
  17. dhally

dhally Hammerhead

Oddometer:
    I do pretty well going the limit when I'm caging, but for some reason when I get on a bike and see open road, my right wrist twitches... How far away can radar see a bike anyhow?
  18. SwissFreek

SwissFreek Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just south of JBLM I have also seen a tan F250 with a cap, no obvious police signs. Seen him several times at the 116 overpass marking targets for the cruisers on the back side on-ramp.
  19. Walterxr650l

Walterxr650l Long timer

Oddometer:
    From the tests I've read about, that all depends on the conditions. Up to 2 or 3 miles on a straight flat road with no other traffic, to as little as 2 or 3 bike lengths in heavy traffic, on hilly and or curvy roads.

Walter
  20. tod701

tod701 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The recent changes to RCW46.63.030(1)(b) made it alot easier for the WSP to legally issue infractions based on the spotter in the plane.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=46.63.030