Interested in a Charleston, SC ADVdinner?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by JAFO, Mar 8, 2008.

1. JAFO

JAFO displaced Jeep guy.....

Oddometer:
    believe I am on the 0600-1400 this week. So should be able to make it.

And will most definitely bring the GPS power box you've waited so patiently for :)
  2. mangyrat

mangyrat Low life

Oddometer:
    I'm going to try and make it.
    I'm working 8 to 4 for a while till I get tired of working days or I get fired.:cry

I might have to drive my truck due to the 650 missing the choke and I promised to sell the 250 to a guy at work, he wants me to delver it the same day as the dinner. "Wednesday morning if nothing changes" crap ill be bike less for a few days till the choke I ordered comes in. I wonder if the wife will let me ride her scooter.:lol3
  3. fox102

fox102 BORIKEN

Oddometer:
    Finally, I Am Keeping Up With The Times....would Like To Catch Up With You Guys If Thats Okay. No Dual Sport, But Dreaming Of A Gs In The Future...

Jose
  4. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Dang! I'd go, but I've got a barbecue to go to at my girlfriend's Cheif's place. Sometime I'll be able to ride my Iron Horse there...
  5. NaDSoB

NaDSoB The garage is full.

Oddometer:
    See you guys at Andolini's tomorrow night!

Rob
  6. Woundflatout

Woundflatout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Guys,

Just stumbled onto this thread...Would love to meet some other ADV'ers in the area...I'll try to be there...I'll just have to hurry back from Columbia.

Cheers,

Jason
  7. fox102

fox102 BORIKEN

Oddometer:
    Is not a owning a KLR breaking one of the commandments?

:kboom Looking foward to the meet. See everyone at 1900..
  8. JAFO

Oddometer:

Nope, just means ya gotta buy us broke-ass KLRistas a round of beer. :)

-Phil, even more broke now I sprung my scoot from impound.
  9. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wait a minute, KLR's are cheap, run forever, and don't require any maintenance, shouldn't you KLR guys be buying us owners of high-tech new-fangled bikes the rounds? :D

Hope to see y'all there. I'm still on for tonight- Lord willing and the creek don't rise....

Hugh
  10. JAFO

Oddometer:
    Will you shut up before you mess up the beer situation, dahmik? :)

Just woke up. Gonna leave here in a few.

Easy reminder for folks: it's at Andolini's Pizza near Trident Tech on Rivers Avenue in North Charleston, tonight, at 1900 (or 7pm, whichever works for you)
  11. JAFO

Oddometer:
    EXCELLENT turnout (6 people- we doubled since the last :) ) and excellent company, guys.

In keeping with the usual arrangement (2nd Wednesday of the month), the next outing will be 09JULY08 at 1900. This time we're gonna try Breck's Steakhouse, I think was the concensus.

Rob will be along shortly to explain where that is located...

My wife and kid go out of Charleston to visit the family on 02JULY08, so not sure if I'll make it what with picking her up at the airport on return, and I believe I 'm working the 2200-0600 that week. If I don't make it, have a hell of a time-

- and tell your 2-wheeled friends, no matter what they ride!
  12. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yea, it was great to finally meet you guys. Looking forward to the next supper and to riding with you sometime.
  13. mangyrat

mangyrat Low life

Oddometer:
    good morning, if you can call 5 am morning. feels kind of like late night and I need to go back to sleep.
    it was nice to meet you guys.

Rob the date's are Friday 20th threw Sunday 22nd we can leave as early as you want hell the earlier the better to beat the heat.
  14. JAFO

Oddometer:
    crap, I gotta work 0600-1400 Friday....
  15. fox102

fox102 BORIKEN

Oddometer:
    Goodmoring to all, yes, not just train operators get up at 5 am. Surgical Techs do the same. This is about my norm. and for some reason or another I can never get to bed before 11 pm.. :pynd I've been at this for about the last 10 years or so. It was really nice meeting everyone, looking foward to the next one, but more for the chance to share some pavement with ya'll. Thank you again to Greg and Rob, for the Pizza and Beer. Really generous on your part. Alright.....

I just found a beefier (?spell) shock, so I shoved it on the bandit. Now some stronger springers, knobbies and I am ready to roll.

Have a great day....
  16. JAFO

Oddometer:
    sounds good, man. Appreciate your work in the medical field, I could never do it.

Thanks for the beer and pizza from me as wel, guys. I'm not sure who sprung for the beer. Thanks!

I put oil in my forks last night- they seem to be holding. Bought a new exhaust gasket (shaddup Gregg!) and will be installing it and wrapping the headerpipe-- it gets a wee bit warm-- soon. I have to wonder if there was ever oil in the forks when the bike was delivered, as they're not leaking and they were pretty much dry. I'm going to keep my eyes out for a rear shock to go through and Sasquatch-ify.
  17. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry I forgot to say that too. BIG thanks to whoever sprung for the brewskis and pizza.

JATO- that's weird about your forks. I'd imagine having oil in there makes a HUGE difference. There's no telling what you'll find when you dig into used bikes. One of the fork legs in my Ascot must have had the original fork oil in it the first time I changed it- there was some major funk in there.

Fox- somehow it didn't hit me you were a railroader. I worked for NS for a couple of years, but WAY up in Ohio. Too cold for anybody raised in the lowcountry. I pretty much do the 11 PM/5 AM thing too. REALLY looking forward to the day when I can pitch my clock radio.
  18. JAFO

Oddometer:
    I'd love to have a stable schedule. Even if it was 2300-0600.

About every week, my hours stand on-end. I have another week of this 0600-1400 shite, then I'm off to 2200-0600. Yay.
  19. Hughlysses

Hughlysses Long timer

Oddometer:
    Worst hours I ever worked was a rotating shift when I worked for the railroad. Wednesday 8-5 PM. Thursday & Friday 4:30-midnight. Saturday & Sunday midnight to 8 AM. After 2 weeks of that I'd be a zombie.

Hey, let's face it, anything that keeps us from riding, work included, just sucks. :D
  20. JAFO

Oddometer:
    that's similar to what I've been doing.For 4 years