Middle Tennessee DS Ride Schedule Q2 2010

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by codyrides, Mar 25, 2010.

1. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Anybody that thinks they can ride their GSA anywhere I can ride my 450EXC needs to meet me at Highland Park. :evil
  2. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Hey I've always wondered about those big BMWs . . . .the way the motor sticks out, if you drop the bike, does it knock the head / cylinder loose from the case?

Knib High football rules !
  3. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    Don't be hating.........
  4. TroyJ650

TroyJ650 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've seen videos of the bikes going down hard on the cylinder, and the rider would just pivot the bike around on the head to get it in a better position to pick up. I'm not saying they ain't tough, they are just too big and heavy to do what a real dirt bike can do. There are sections of deep, loose gravel that can swallow a slow moving bike. A 100 h.p. GS rear wheel will dig in, a EXC (even a DRZ) would skip over the top.

I'm not saying there is not a BMW Boxer motor bike that can be ridden like a dirt bike, I think it's called an HP (?) The GS is just too heavy.
  5. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    HP2.... those are sick bikes, but still more than I'd want to man handle around offroad. There is a report on here with a guy who built a 1200 (I THINK it was a normal GS) and ran an enduro on it. Unfortunately, all of the pictures disappeared many moons ago, but the descriptions made it seem as thought it ended up upside down a few times. If I recall correctly, the bike finished the enduro, and the guy stripped it down and parted it, it was so jacked up afterward.
  6. mrxinpa

mrxinpa Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer:
    NEPA Right at Base of Blue Mountain Ski Area .5 mi
  7. streetndirt

streetndirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
    Haha.....I wont forget watching you pull up on that bad boy in the mudbath.....everyone else was like WTF
  9. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

Check this place out! :deal It's right in your back yard.

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/
  10. Spinnit man

Spinnit man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Coffee's on , stretchin and gettin ready to go! :clap gonna be a good day :wink: I will see you dirt boys in just a little bit.:feelgood
  11. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    I'm jealous. Y'all have fun, be safe and tell Uncle Jessie I said :fyyff.
  12. Spinnit man

Spinnit man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I be happy to give uncle Jessie that message for you :evil Hope to wee ya next time out.
  13. frijole

frijole Clickin'

Oddometer:
  14. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had a fantastic ride today at LBL. Well, if you can call it that. What it seemed like was a nature tour. We had a possum, two turkeys, a red fox, and three deer within 20 yards of us at different times of the day. Got the possum at 5 yards on video and had to stop to keep two deer from running me over. Plenty of wildlife in the woods today. LBL is truly a treasure.

A lot of exploring was done too, all on the TN side. In fact, we didn't make it halfway to Rushing creek and still put 130 miles on the bikes. Twisty pavement and decent gravel made for a great riding. The gravel could've stood another day to dry out, but no one had a getoff. Wallachian spike's KLR has a full Ricor suspension and it's worth whatever it cost and then some! MUCH better ride than my old KLR. I didn't take a camera, but WS got some video. Hopefully he'll chime in soon.
  15. streetndirt

streetndirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like fun, cant wait to see the videos!
  16. drphque

drphque Cliff Diver

Oddometer:
    Ok, good ride at SV today boys. Really wanting to see the vids. How big was that bass was you caught today, IHF?
  17. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
  18. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:

Well waddya know....he's not computer illiterate after all. He found the thread. Welcome Doctor, aka cliffdiver, aka chuckie love.

Yup - got 20 videos from yesterday. Will post some soon. And, yup, someone did a little bass fishing.....hell, all our boots had tadpoles in them when we got back to the trucks.
  19. teambft

teambft teambft

Oddometer:
    :puke1:puke1:puke1:puke1:puke1:puke1:puke1:puke1:puke1
    Thats hot!!
  20. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    For some reason this makes me want to go swimin. :lol3 Thanks for the info on trialstrainingcenter.com, going to check em out soon.

threadkiller - Sorry it took me so long to brag about the great ride we had. Watched the UFC & slept late. Working on first vid. as I type this & hopefully can post a link by noon.

Dang Gopro battery died before your deer encounter but, we got the opossum. I saw the fox but, no way could the Gopro pick him up at the speed we were going.